Star Wars: Episode IX [2019]

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)

1. Post
    Just thinking about one of my favorite scenes in the movie.

Spoiler:

2. Post
    KiwiTT wrote:
    And we all hated Jar Jar Binks .... what am I in for. It sounds really bad. And not worth the $30+ entry.
    I think it depends on whether you can enjoy a movie if it isn't done exactly the way you think it should be.

For my money it's the best of the trilogy. If you like space wizards with laser swords and very large numbers of space ships exploding each other, you're in for a treat.

3. Post
    GaR wrote:
    I think it depends on whether you can enjoy a movie if it isn't done exactly the way you think it should be.

For my money it's the best of the trilogy. If you like space wizards with laser swords and very large numbers of space ships exploding each other, you're in for a treat.
    Eh, I respect everyone else's opinion; but I didn't dislike it for that reason - the opposite, really; it was so predictable in its missteps, trying to satisfy everyone, that for me it didn't really have anything to say.

If you just want a big budget movie with lots of lasers, then it's pretty hard to be disappointed. For me, Star Wars is usually slightly more than that, is all.

4. Post
    the space battles are complete trash in the new trilogy. like watch the most recent one then watch the original trench run.

also ****ing lol @ lando going off on a side quest to get reinforcements for the battle and he turns up with a million ships. thats ok, i'll still keep watching that garbage.

5. Post
    Went for a beer run and came back with 10000 ships

6. Post
    What’s everyone’s thoughts on
    Spoiler:
    ? I was very much looking forward to them before watching the film and after finally seeing them I feel every single shot of them could have been cut out without affecting the film at all, such a wasted opportunity.

7. Post
    Rambaldi wrote:
    What’s everyone’s thoughts on
    Spoiler:
    ? I was very much looking forward to them before watching the film and after finally seeing them I feel every single shot of them could have been cut out without affecting the film at all, such a wasted opportunity.
    They did get us the sweet
    Spoiler:

8. Post
    I felt like, my mate and I wanted to go and he took his wife and 15 yr kid, and they watched it and enjoyed it. I think they got more from it than I did.

9. Post
    lmao wtf lol. Just had part of the movie spoiled by a so called spoiler free review. Guess I should hurry up and watch it lol.

Spoiler:

10. Post

11. Post
    I thought the movie was okay but could have been better, in fact all three of these latest Star Wars installments could have been better.

The Force Awakens was okay and seemed to set up plot development. Then Rian Johnson came along with The Last Jedi and scrapped everything that was set up in the previous movie and stalled the story then they had to fix everything in The Rise of the Skywalker.

12. Post
    I'm not invested enough in Star Wars to know if this movie was good or bad amongst the other films.

All I know is I liked it.

Go me.

13. Post
    Finally going to see this in a few hours. I have lowered all expectations to 0 regarding the storyline and am just going to switch off my brain & enjoy it for the visuals and action.

14. Post
    Just got back from watching it. Went in with very low expectations but was still a bit disappointed. Not as bad as I thought it would be though so thats something.

Stuff I liked:

Spoiler:

Stuff I didnt like:

Spoiler:

There probably more stuff but thats all I can think of for now. At least it wasn't a complete shitfest like I expected it to be so I'll give it that.
    Last edited by Ins0mn1ac; 29th December 2019 at 8:15 pm.

15. Post
    Sounds like I dont need to re-watch any of the previous movies.

16. Post
    I enjoyed it.

Went in expecting star wars, and that's what I got.

17. Post
    86% Audience rating seems to imply it will be quite enjoyable. https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/sta...e_of_skywalker

Seeing it today

EDIT: Went in expecting a 2/5 and to come out thinking it maybe a 3/5 and it turned out to be a well deserved 4/5. A few plot holes kept it from a perfect 5/5, but what film these days doesn't have plot holes.

So yeah, a good end to a real long franchise. Well done!
    Last edited by KiwiTT; 31st December 2019 at 2:30 pm.

18. Post
    I thoroughly enjoyed the movie but i'm not sure if Kylo Ren or Jar Jar Binks is the worst character ever, at the moment I'm thinking Kylo Ren.

19. Post
    people who like this have pretty low standards lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

20. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    people who like this have pretty low standards lol
    On a superficial level I can see someone easily enjoying the movie. If you apply an ounce of critical thought it falls apart immediately.

21. Post
    It is good if you take it for what it is.

Don't start over thinking things or your gonna have a bad time.

22. Post
    Yeah ... that's how I went into it. Ignore the Star Wars Canon and you can enjoy it for the ride.

And ... Sheesh ... when has a film with talking teddy bears, and walking lizards being considered anything serious.

23. Post

24. Post
    I watched all of that and enjoyed it. I didn't even watch all of the actual movie lol

25. Post
    That video is like watching a human manifestation of reddit