Star Wars: Episode IX [2019]

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Page 8 of 13 First ... 567891011 ... Last

1. Post
    F*cking LOL!

2. Post
    Rambaldi wrote:
    IMO Force Awakens was better than 1, 2, 3 so I doubt it (and obviously not better than 4, 5, 6)

I think personally Last Jedi is a firm 9, whether Rise of Skywalker ranks at 8 (if leaks are true) or 4/5 (if leaks are false) will have to wait until I've seen it.
    Here is my Rankings, so far; Episodes 6, 5, 4, 2, 3, 7, 1, 8 in that order.

I'd say in preparation for Episode 9 being the end of all 3 trilogies according to JJ Abrams (in an article I read in Total Film Magazine) , I'd suggest rewatching Episodes 3 and 6 before seeing Episode 9.
    Making a successful standalone movie is hard enough, let alone one that concludes the trilogy of trilogies

3. Post
    KiwiTT wrote:
    Here is my Rankings, so far; Episodes 6, 5, 4, 2, 3, 7, 1, 8 in that order.
    I haven’t rewatched 1-6 recently so this could change but I’d say 4,6,5,7,3,2,1,8.
    6 and 4 would probably switch on a rewatch but for now giving props to the movie that started the obsession

4. Post
    I watched the OT again last week and would go 6,4,5. I know this is blasphemy but Empire is overrated. I like the darker tone but its just not as entertaining as the other 2. Plus there's no big space battles which is what I love the most about SW. Love the Battle of Hoth though.

A shame they added all this silly shit to RoTJ and some of it does seem a bit cheesy these days but still my fav SW movie. I don't rate the prequels at all cos thye're so shit but would probably say 3 is my fav. At least this current trilogy is better than the prequels which isn't exactly a very high bar to surpass at all lol.

EvaUnit02 wrote:
    F*cking LOL!

Was just about to post that lol.

5. Post
    Spoiler:

6. Post
    Re-watched TLJ. It's still bloody good fun.

Looking forward to 9.

7. Post
    Valeo wrote:
    Re-watched TLJ. It's still bloody good fun.
    Roflmao

8. Post
    TLJ so trash! 1, 2 and 3 meh.

I actually like Rogue One better than that other new shit. Force Awakens is hard to rewatch.

9. Post
    nzbleach wrote:
    TLJ so trash! 1, 2 and 3 meh.

I actually like Rogue One better than that other new shit. Force Awakens is hard to rewatch.
    Interesting I love Rogue One and Force Awakens I think FA has the most rewatchability of the sequel trilogy so far. TLJ on the other hand...The thought of rewatching it makes me want to vomit. so Ive been putting off my rewatch lol. I did Force Awakens on Sunday love that movie tbh. Will see if I can convince myself to do TLJ tonight or tomorrow may just skip it all together literally nothing happens in TLJ aside from lukes death which i really dont need to see again. Its the most linear star wars movie of the lot. Its more about getting the characters from point a to point b and they tried to make interesting shit happening in between lol.

10. Post
    Are you guys really still enjoying these movies or just watching out of a sense of obligation? They're crap. Rey is a terrible character, a classic Mary Sue. No struggle, just masters everything with minimal effort. Kylo Ren is awful...like some low budget emo Sith/Jedi. The dialogue sucks, all the main characters look like they've just stepped out of Oxford St in London. It feels like a movie for kids and young adults.

11. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    It feels like a movie for kids and young adults.
    I give you ...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	27925Alt1x.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	227899

12. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    Interesting I love Rogue One and Force Awakens I think FA has the most rewatchability of the sequel trilogy so far. TLJ on the other hand...The thought of rewatching it makes me want to vomit. so Ive been putting off my rewatch lol. I did Force Awakens on Sunday love that movie tbh. Will see if I can convince myself to do TLJ tonight or tomorrow may just skip it all together literally nothing happens in TLJ aside from lukes death which i really dont need to see again. Its the most linear star wars movie of the lot. Its more about getting the characters from point a to point b and they tried to make interesting shit happening in between lol.
    I've tried to rewatch TLJ but so much of it is just really cringe, and right from the start as well

13. Post
    I think some people forget the only reason these movies exist is to sell merchandise.

14. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    Are you guys really still enjoying these movies or just watching out of a sense of obligation? They're crap. Rey is a terrible character, a classic Mary Sue. No struggle, just masters everything with minimal effort. Kylo Ren is awful...like some low budget emo Sith/Jedi. The dialogue sucks, all the main characters look like they've just stepped out of Oxford St in London. It feels like a movie for kids and young adults.
    I think kylo ren is one of the best characters in star wars behind Vader. At first I hated him but honestly he's awesome

15. Post
    ludez wrote:
    I think kylo ren is one of the best characters in star wars behind Vader. At first I hated him but honestly he's awesome
    I guess you still have crawling by linkin park in your top 10 most played

16. Post
    nzbleach wrote:
    I guess you still have crawling by linkin park in your top 10 most played
    Haha maybe some panic at the disco but not Linkin Park.

17. Post
    ludez wrote:
    With his mask on, I agree. With his mask off... pure soy boy.

**(Only learned this term recently, pretty sure I’m using it right).

18. Post
    ludez wrote:
    A guy who spent his whole life to training in the force gets beaten TWICE so far by a woman who prior had never picked up a lightsabre... is one of the best characters in the entire Star Wars franchise? LOL okay.

19. Post
    ludez wrote:
    One day you will feel like that about Jar Jar Binks ... I think ... given that logic

20. Post
    KiwiTT wrote:
    One day you will feel like that about Jar Jar Binks ... I think ... given that logic
    That makes no sense

21. Post
    KiwiTT wrote:
    Jar Jar goat.

Attached Images

22. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    Obligation

23. Post
    First reactions are pretty mixed

This guy liked TLJ and Solo so take his opinion with a grain of salt lol

Bobs wrote:
    I still love the visuals,sound effects and score but everything else has gone down the toilet. Rogue One is awesome though.

24. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    I don't know if you realise this but Star Wars is and always will be a kids movie. George Lucas himself has said the original trilogy was aimed at children. Just because you grew up (physically, anyway) does not make that any less true.

I re-watched TFA after TLJ (a little backwards, I know) and the TFA just seems so wholly dull in comparison. Even when watching it the first time, everything was predictable.

The final battle in TLJ and the space battle at the beginning are ****ing awesome. The only parts which I could've done without is the Leia scene (mostly just because the way it was framed - don't have any problem with the idea) and the Holdo plot.

Though I also liked Solo a little more than Rogue One so hey (enjoyed both, though). Opinions.

EvaUnit02 wrote:
    A guy who spent his whole life to training in the force gets beaten TWICE so far by a woman who prior had never picked up a lightsabre... is one of the best characters in the entire Star Wars franchise? LOL okay.
    I'm guessing it's analogous to the relationship between you and women in general. You should be able to empathise with Kylo; always bested, but never beaten.
    Last edited by Valeo; 18th December 2019 at 1:18 pm.

25. Post
    Mandalorian is pretty good though right?