Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    inboxed wrote:
    think the wieght limit was 35 pounds in the end tryed to grab some cheap knock off lazy boys and coundnt
    The massage table and server case I bought was way over that limit.
    Massage table arrived in 4 days via DHL.

2. Post
    I think the weight limit was an addition due to people going overboard and ordering large items like massage tables and server cases.
    Last edited by Fragluton; 17th July 2018 at 11:21 am.

3. Post
    Word Of Madness wrote:
    It seems like they're messing around with it behind the scenes. Initially it worked on everything Amazon sold, huge and heavy items included, then it didn't work for anything, then it worked again, but large/heavy stuff would split into a separate shipment that wasn't free, and now it's back to not working at all again - or at least that's what I've experienced. I should've pulled the trigger in the first instance, but hung around since a couple of things I wanted go on regular discounts according to camelcamelcamel.
    This was essentially my experience as well, with getting a new monitor - worked on almost everything, then didn't work. Turns out they didn't really have any deals that I wanted, so didn't really miss out - and amazon prime day looks a bit shit as well

4. Post
    sandisk 480gb ssd is about $125 via prime day which is $50 cheaper than NZ

5. Post
    Is this free shipping deal still on?

6. Post
    The link posted by ticallista still says so. You may need help from their customer service staff to take advantage though.

7. Post
    They tried to do the same as someone here/GZ.

My order was free shipping, right until they were about to charge and ship, and suddenly there was a $80 shipping fee on it. Got it removed again and charged at original rate by talking to customer service >_>

8. Post
    Those of you who have ordered stuff from amazon recently, did you get a tracking ID starting with AW?

None of the local carriers can track my id and Amazon's site is saying it's been out for delivery since Monday.

9. Post
    My package was shipped out with GWUI136****** and arrived a day after it arrived in the country.

It was my first experience with Amazon and was happy with the amount of time it took to get here (July 10 then arrived July 19).

10. Post
    huntakillaz wrote:
    Those of you who have ordered stuff from amazon recently, did you get a tracking ID starting with AW?

None of the local carriers can track my id and Amazon's site is saying it's been out for delivery since Monday.
    Spoke to chat today, the gave me a refund but told me i should get the packages and now the tracking information is gone

11. Post
    huntakillaz wrote:
    Spoke to chat today, the gave me a refund but told me i should get the packages and now the tracking information is gone
    Amazon customer service isn't bad, but yeah I have one parcel that's cleared customs last Thursday with no further update yet (typically they're delivered 1-2 days after clearing -- and I had another parcel cleared the same day delivered on Friday).

Having said that the original target date was 25th July so I'll give them a few extra days.

12. Post
    If it's iParcel, just wait longer. They always have huge delays between NZ customs and delivery.
    My last item with iParcel was in the country 10 days before delivery.

Items that weren't free shipping last Thursday in my cart are now free shipping again

13. Post
    Just wanted to point out how overpriced weber stuff is in NZ.

One listed at $150USD with free shipping on amazon is $400NZD by a parallel importer, $500+ everywhere else.

14. Post
    Yeah we get stung pretty hard, pretty standard for NZ in general really. Containerdoor.com should have another $300 offer for them in the coming months.

15. Post
    I wish I'd used the Amazon free shipping.. I went with ebay and youshop instead, and youshop to ship a monitor is $160, duty is estimated to be another $150, and it sat in a youshop warehouse for 6 days before it was even acknowledged...

16. Post
    Must have been a good deal on the screen! Deets?

17. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    Must have been a good deal on the screen! Deets?
    yeah still kind of works out, but adding $300 just for shipping and customs/duty/'high value item' is stupid..... damn govt....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/132681787586

but it was USD$399 (~$600) when I got it

18. Post
    Yeah that added on tax does sort of ruin the deal eh. Well its still a saving as you say, just hope you never need warranty I guess. Looks like a tidy screen.

19. Post
    ^ yeah it does. True about the warranty, I should have just got one here... oh well, lesson learnt (I've basically regretted using youshop every time I've used it)

20. Post
    I've not had a problem with youshop, though I do tend to ship smaller albeit still quite heavy items.

21. Post
    Caffeine wrote:
    Yeah we get stung pretty hard, pretty standard for NZ in general really. Containerdoor.com should have another $300 offer for them in the coming months.
    Well that was sooner than expected. Deal is up now. https://www.containerdoor.com/nz/pro...coal-kettle-33

22. Post
    Brought a bracket for a cheapy 32" LCD I brought when the free shipping was on and the shipping and local taxes was going to be about $60US made it not worth it. Emailed customer support saying my previous order had free shipping to NZ and they gave it to me :-)

Had a friend also make up an order when the free shipping was on but didn't proceed with it, opened a ticket with them and got their highest priority shipping for free.

23. Post
    did everyone get their items alright with the free shipping?