1. Post

Lejonjon - Menswear Accessories And Beardcare - Startup Website

Hey Gp!

A few months back I decided to start working on a project. This project was to start a Shopify store with mens items that were really up my alley and perhaps you might think so to.

My site is aimed at menswear accessories and beard care and at this stage my collection is small but filled with items I quite like. I recently started to make my own handmade beard oil while attempting to grow a solid beard (I'm six months deep!) and it's starting to turn into a hobbie.

I have no coding background so this route seemed best for me and I wanted to share it with a group that probably has far superior knowledge in web design for any constructive feedback.

This is only a small startup as many others out there but I'm pretty excited to have a small project on the go.

If anything tickles your fancy I've put together a code just for GP with a discount of 15% off the total purchase with any order with the code "gpforums" (this code is valid for two weeks and will end on saturday the 28th of July )

Would be interesting to have a discussion with other peoples experiences in online stores, if you have any questions about how to get started in making an online store or how to make beard oil I'm more than happy to share what I have learnt!

Feel free to take a look

http://www.lejonjon.co.nz

(Approval was requested from Mancubus before posting this thread.)

Cheers,

Jonny
    Last edited by Mancubus; 14th July 2018 at 12:29 am.

2. Post
    Nice site. First of all I"d say you need to decide whether you are LeJonJon, Lejonjon or Le Jon Jon because it's different all over your site. Choose one and stick to it. I do branding for a living and inconsistent branding pisses me off.

Secondly, if you are collecting people's information, which you are in the checkout process, you need to have a privacy policy on your site that is easy to find. Also Terms and Conditions/Terms of Service.

3. Post
    Mancubus wrote:
    Nice site. First of all I"d say you need to decide whether you are LeJonJon, Lejonjon or Le Jon Jon because it's different all over your site. Choose one and stick to it. I do branding for a living and inconsistent branding pisses me off.

Secondly, if you are collecting peoples' information, which you are in the checkout process, you need to have a privacy policy on your site that is easy to find. Also Terms and Conditions.
    Thanks,

Really good points aswell hadn't thought about that.

I'll look into both of those.

4. Post
    Also: Gentleman's Hub and Men's Skinny Ties