1. Post

H1Z1 Battle Royale

Ok I know only me & XSpike give a shit about this game around here but I'm hoping to convince more of you to get into this. Xspike is the only other person I know that plays this so will be cool to play with other GPers and play some duo or squad games. The game is like a more casual faster paced PUBG but less arcadey and childish as Fortnite.

It has really improved alot since it first came out & the devs are continually updating it. I know most you had a bad first impression & were put off by the graphics (which aren't that bad imo) but you guys should give it another go. Let me know if you're keen

2. Post
    can you play this without pumping money into it or will you get wrecked?

3. Post
    JRS wrote:
    can you play this without pumping money into it or will you get wrecked?
    Pretty sure money only gets you cosmetic stuff

The graphics are so bad even on pro it’s like pc on very low

4. Post
    Yeah everything you can buy is purely cosmetic.

SirGrim wrote:

The graphics are so bad even on pro it’s like pc on very low
    They're not that bad lol. Pretty sure its not much worse than PUBG on Xbox. At least it's way more optimized than PUBG. The most important thing about an MP game is the gameplay not the graphics anyways. Plus its free so can't expect everything.

5. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Yeah everything you can buy is purely cosmetic.

They're not that bad lol. Pretty sure its not much worse than PUBG on Xbox. At least it's way more optimized than PUBG. The most important thing about an MP game is the gameplay not the graphics anyways. Plus its free so can't expect everything.
    Its wayyyy worse then pubg on Xbox bruh.

6. Post
    All of you are a bunch of graphics whores lol.

I don't care anywayz. This is the closest we got to PUBG on the PS4 & I'd choose this over Fortnite any day
    Last edited by Ins0mn1ac; 15th July 2018 at 6:23 pm.

7. Post
    i downloaded this to give it a try. getting reamed in the back all the time. i also don't like shooters where jumping all the time is viable but that seems to be the go here. only tried practice server so far. don't mind the simple graphics. helps visibility. is there any way to map the controls? i try to avoid having stuff mapped to l3 cos i always click it in the heat of battle.

8. Post
    nah there's no way to remap the controls but do they have alt controller schemes (I read you can remap buttons via the PS4 settings but this will affect every game). There is a bit of jumping around but nowhere near as bad as Fortnite. Having a surround sound headset helps immensely so you can hear people coming up behind you.
    Last edited by Ins0mn1ac; 15th July 2018 at 10:55 pm.

9. Post
    Just survive officially shutdown yesterday.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/8/25/17...c-october-2018

Dear Survivors,

As we announced back in August, we've made the difficult decision to sunset Just Survive on Wednesday, October 24 at 11 a.m. PT. All game servers will be coming offline at that time, and the game will no longer be available for play.

While this chapter for Just Survive has come to an end, we are discussing the possibility of allowing our partner and developer of Z1 Battle Royale, NantG Mobile, to bring Just Survive back online and take over development of the game sometime in the future. Should we have further information to share regarding that matter, we'll be sure to inform you accordingly.

Thank you again for the countless hours of fun across Pleasant Valley and Badwater Canyon - we appreciate your support and dedication to Just Survive.

Best,

The Just Survive Team at Daybreak Games

10. Post
    Season 2 had started if anyone gives a shit lol

11. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Season 2 had started if anyone gives a shit lol
    Only you bro.

12. Post

13. Post
    Too many better Battle Royal games out already and coming

Games that do it better than H1Z1:

PUBG (coming to PS4 very soon)
    Fortnite (already out on PS4)
    Battlefield V (coming to PS4 in the near future)
    RDR2 (coming out very soon)

14. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Too many better Battle Royal games out already and coming

Games that do it better than H1Z1:

PUBG (coming to PS4 very soon)
    Fortnite (already out on PS4)
    Battlefield V (coming to PS4 in the near future)
    RDR2 (coming out very soon)
    How would you know? You & most people never even gave the game a chance. You just judged it off the mediocre graphics & dismissed it straight away. Graphics aside the game is better than PUBG & Fortnite imo. IDGAF about BFV since the beta sucked & Firestorm doesnt look that great. I admit RDR2 BR will probably be way better though.

15. Post
    RDR2 with BR would be crap, game needs to keep to its own thing which if done correctly is going to be a blast. What a boring year for gaming, most fun I've had out of a game that released this year... Yep H1Z1, GOTY.