1. Post

Die Hard tribute thread

Die Hard has turned 30 and The Guardian did this excellent piece on it.
    https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...l-action-movie

It's probably my favourite action movie, last time I saw it was on the plane back to Auckland a month ago. Never gets so old that it doesn't merit another viewing. McClane eschewed the invincible heroes of the time such as Rambo, JCVD, Steven Seagal et al. McClane got hurt, he ****ed up, he wasn't a roided up wrecking machine, he was an everyman dealing with relatable problems like a failing marriage who was thrust into an extraordinary situation. The tension is created by the following cat and mouse game and Hans Gruber is one of the best movie villains of all time.

Where does Die Hard rank for you in terms of action movies?

2. Post
    Best cop movie of all time and one of the best action movies of all time. I also love #2 and #3.

Live Free or Die Hard and A Good Day to Die Hard do not exist to me.

3. Post
    I'd say Die hard is somewhere in the top 5 of the late 80's to 90's action flicks that are easy to rewatch for me.

4. Post

5. Post
    JoeSkie wrote:
    Best cop movie of all time and one of the best action movies of all time. I also love #2 and #3.
    This. Predator is still my favourite action flick of all time but Die Hard is up there. Don't get the hate that Die Hard 2 gets. That movie is awesome too.

6. Post
    ^Yeah it's good but Die Hard was elevated by Alan Rickman who's just superb

7. Post
    Great movie, but this is the real shit. That music at the start is super nostalgic.

8. Post
    If you don't watch this movie every Xmas/Eve you're not a true bro

9. Post
    JoeSkie wrote:
    Best cop movie of all time
    Would tend to agree if Heat had not been made.

10. Post
    jords wrote:
    Would tend to agree if Heat had not been made.
    I watched this again the other day.
    It felt a lot slower than I remembered it tbh.

11. Post
    I really only value the shooting gallery scene in Heat. Without that the film is pretty mediocre.

Die Hard 1 and 3 IMO

12. Post

13. Post
    Certainly one of the best villains in Holywood history.

14. Post
    Quite a few classics here - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...s_of_the_1980s - But yeah, Die Hard is great