1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Lame lol, thought this meant all expansions are free

3. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Lame lol, thought this meant all expansions are free
    Well they are, except the newest one. They really trying hard to get everyone to come back.

4. Post
    Bt wrote:
    Well they are, except the newest one. They really trying hard to get everyone to come back.
    I think they may find that all the old player are well...older and don't have time to play MMO's

5. Post
    Well the players who quit would have bought the expansions back then anyway. I'd say this is more to bring in new players - lower the wall to playability.

6. Post
    I would come back. I enjoy the game. But the time... man the time. Ain't got none.

7. Post
    Bloodline wrote:
    I would come back. I enjoy the game. But the time... man the time. Ain't got none.
    Warlords really killed it for me with the garrison-ville, and the gutting of professions to be their least interesting incarnation ever. Haven't even looked at legion but I'd definitely consider signing up again for classic.. in the same boat about not really having the time to justify it though

8. Post
    Playing a healer for the first time on classic servers recently really killed the nostalgia for me! Two Wailing Caverns runs were enough. Experienced players were just running straight through, rushing the whole thing. My cries of "OOM!" went unnoticed and people died. Not fun, deleted.

9. Post
    Yeah, it will never be the same.

10. Post
    With all the timegatey bullshit they've put in over the last few expansions to make their level boosts look better it wouldn't surprise me if this was a step towards f2p

11. Post
    yeah before imho, WoW was a better game in that the grind was lessen while the commitment and skill requirement was still relatively high depending on what content you wanted to see. But then they kept lowering and lowering and lowering it until it is only marginally better than more korean grind fests and the skill requirement is so low , watching some mates raid i was like jebus, that is so easy and yet at least half your guildmates are complete noobs. And they all went yeah it is pretty much a shitnoobfest nowadays.

i am betting the whole pvp bit will be fun for awhile until the 98% of the population of carebears decide this is too "intrusive " and go back to whining about how it is too hard etc.

12. Post
    WoW's golden age was a period of time that simply can't be replicated. Doesn't matter if they bring the best version of it back with classic servers, I just can't enjoy it as much as I did back in 2007-2009 and that's not for lack of trying. I realized during the two days I played Legion that the game I loved when I was 18 had moved on from me as much as I had moved on from it, and that's how it should be. It was a bloody good time.