1. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Looking pretty good. Better than that other Captain Marvel movie anyways

Up for a friendly wager?

2. Post
    I'm good lol. Obviously Captain Marvel will make more money and get higher ratings regardless of which movie is actually better.

I'm not overly hyped for Shazam either but Captain Marvel looks mediocre to me based on the trailers. At the very least Shazam should be a fun movie to watch with my daughter.

3. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    I'm good lol. Obviously Captain Marvel will make more money and get higher ratings regardless of which movie is actually better.

I'm not overly hyped for Shazam either but Captain Marvel looks mediocre to me based on the trailers. At the very least Shazam should be a fun movie to watch with my daughter.

4. Post
    Looking good , less grim dark and actual fun DC movie

5. Post

6. Post
    ^This is looking awesome Not sure how you have that trash looking Dark Phoenix over this on your most anticipated list lol

7. Post
    Because people have different opinions about movies dude.

Looks fun I must admit, if I see it or not is another question.

8. Post
    Having a different opinion is wrong think to some on this forum!

9. Post
    jords wrote:
    Because people have different opinions about movies dude.

Looks fun I must admit, if I see it or not is another question.
    I know everyone has their own opinions I just don't understand how people are excited for that Dark Phoenix crap. it seems likes just cos its DC people write it off straight away, even if it looks pretty good.

Its pretty sad if you think it looks fun but still don't watch it cos of your anti-DC bias.

10. Post
    No one knows what Dark Phoenix is going to be like, your just basing it off the trailers. If you were to base it off the movies then you would be onto something as they have steadily gotten worse. First Class was great, Days of Futures was ok, Apocalypse was bad.

I don't have an "anti DC bias."

I have seen plenty and enjoyed plenty, it's not my fault there more miss then hit these days.

11. Post
    This is looking heaps better than Captain Marvel

12. Post
    You know those movie trailers where the best jokes were in the trailer and the rest of the movie was just meh?

I hope this isn't one of those...

13. Post
    First reactions are very positive for this Also the fact WB has lifted the social media embargo a month before release shows how confident they are that this will be a winner.

14. Post
    the real Captain Marvel!

15. Post
    Far out, I hope this doesn't suck.

16. Post
    Seems to be getting good reviews. 97% on rotten tomatoes with 36 reviews.

17. Post
    They went full Marvel formula with this one. Pretty good till the final act where it got a bit too goofy. Still miles better than Justice League.

18. Post
    Really enjoyable movie & was definitely better than that other Captain Marvel movie. Was just a good fun movie with a few serious/dark moments thrown in as well. Was good mix of action & comedy without being too overly cheesy - 8.5/10

19. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Really enjoyable movie & was definitely better than that other Captain Marvel movie.
    For some reason I get the feeling you would've said this even if Shazam was dog shit

20. Post
    Valeo wrote:
    For some reason I get the feeling you would've said this even if Shazam was dog shit
    nah I thought Captain Marvel was decent I just enjoyed this more. I know everything thinks I'm a DC fanboy but I like the Marvel movies better overall (I've said this many times already). This doesn't even come close to the top tier MCU movies but is still a good movie.

21. Post
    They have nothing to do with each other so I don't know why you compared them.

22. Post
    ^Well Shazam used to be called Captain Marvel so they do actually have something to do with each other lol.

So are you going to give this a chance or will your Marvel fanboyism prevent you from watching it like Aquaman?

23. Post
    it was always Captain Marvel ( DC, Shazam ) and Mar-Vell ( Marvel ) then they went with Captain Marvell ( still Marvel ) and then Ms Marvel and now back to Captain Marvel ( Marvel ) . But yeah Shazam was the first Captain Marvel.

24. Post
    I watched this yesterday, was a good light-hearted film. Felt like the Marvel formula, even down to having two post credit scenes.

25. Post
    Yeah it definitely follows the Marvel formula. If you can't beat 'em join 'em lol. DC have finally realised superhero movies are supposed to be fun lol