1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Such an interesting article! thanks

3. Post
    While I look forward to a new Wolf among us, I'd love to Telltale to go back and do more in their traditional adventure game style. Would kill for another Season of Tales from Monkey Island...

4. Post
    Feliz wrote:
    I'd love to Telltale to go back and do more in their traditional adventure game style. Would kill for another Season of Tales from Monkey Island...
    Then they'd turn off their key audience of console gamers, mobile casuals and gaming journalists who like the interactive movies.

5. Post
    I'm not seeing the problem here..

6. Post
    The traditional point & click Adventure formula which they used prior to TWD hit it big brought them limited success. Interactive Movies formula have brought them lots of success. You do the cost to benefit analysis, why take a loss for "art" if you what you're doing is still successfully winning HUGE LOAVES of bread?

7. Post
    'twas a joke mate. Implying that I think the mobile casuals and cuphead failing journos should be left out of all market consideration. I know they're cash cows, doesn't mean I have to like it.

8. Post
    Feliz wrote:
    'twas a joke mate. Implying that I think the mobile casuals and cuphead failing journos should be left out of all market consideration. I know they're cash cows, doesn't mean I have to like it.
    They succeeded in replacing their audience:- the small niche market of old school PC gamers who still played Adventure games with non-gaming casuals.

When you see Replacement Theory in action for the goal of financial gain rather than going broke to virtue signal part of me can admire that.