Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Results 1 to 25 of 32

  1. Post
    #1

    We would like to get your precious opinion for our game

    Hello, it's a big pleasure to have a chance to introduce our company.
    We are XQ GAMES, mobile game development company in Korea.

    I am here with googling with "Game Community in Australia", to check which title is popular in Australia, and which features on Australia gaming market there are, because we do not have any experience about your market. So, I just joined here, but, I am sure that I found the exact place for my goal. There are lots of game specialists, and there are lots of great information for the market, and by the real gamers. What a great place!

    Is there anyone who can give us frank opinion for the game?

    Battle of Souls:
    - Strategic MORPG with F2P
    - both on iOS and AOS
    - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...fsoul&hl=en_US

    With the frank opinion by the real Australia users, we can have more detailed budgeting and planning for the game for your country.

    If you have any inquiries, you can leave reply here, or e-mail to me at any time:
    gho at dreamwiz.com


    Thank you very much.

    Sincerely yours,
    XQ GAMES in KOREA

  2. Post
    #2
    I am not real australian.

  3. Post
    #3
    But do games company with Australia much?

  4. Post
    #4
    My honest and frank opinion?

    Mobile games are kind of like the meth of the gaming industry, killing creativity day by day and slowly strangling the medium until it doesn't resemble anything good anymore....aka faces of meth transformation (we're at the greasy, non-washed stage currently).

    Sincerely,
    Old grumpy gamer IST

  5. Post
    #5
    Pxndx wrote:
    I am not real australian.
    Any opinion is welcomed by us from this site. Thank you .

  6. Post
    #6
    Grifty wrote:
    But do games company with Australia much?
    We have developed this game with the goal for Global service. And, we have struggled to have great quality of localization, especially for English. That's why we came here for checking Australia market.

  7. Post
    #7
    IST wrote:
    My honest and frank opinion?

    Mobile games are kind of like the meth of the gaming industry, killing creativity day by day and slowly strangling the medium until it doesn't resemble anything good anymore....aka faces of meth transformation (we're at the greasy, non-washed stage currently).

    Sincerely,
    Old grumpy gamer IST
    Thank you so much for your frank and detailed opinion for Mobile games. I can imagine what you meant. As a mobile game developer, I will bear your opinion in mind, and try to create "Creative mobile games".

  8. Post
    #8
    IST wrote:
    My honest and frank opinion?

    Mobile games are kind of like the meth of the gaming industry, killing creativity day by day and slowly strangling the medium until it doesn't resemble anything good anymore....aka faces of meth transformation (we're at the greasy, non-washed stage currently).

    Sincerely,
    Old grumpy gamer IST
    Might be one of the most uninformed opinions I've read in here in a long time. Do better bro.

    Sure there is a lot of shovelware out in the mobile space, but by your logic PC games are also meth because of the glut of crap being piled into Steam.

    There are amazing, massively creative, beautiful, and even emotionally charged mobile games being released all the time. Maybe if people actually looked for the quality rather than blindly regurgitating the same stagnant crap every other uninformed "real gamer" spews we'd be in a better place.
    People who tallk shit about mobile are no different than any other platform elitist. Grat bro you just pulled a SirGrim. Does it make you feel superior?

  9. Post
    #9
    I'll even post a few I've played in the last year or 2.

    Euclidean Lands
    Kingdom New Lands
    Reigns and Reigns: Her Majesty
    Card Thief
    Vandals
    Monument Valley 1 and 2
    Project Highrise
    Linelight
    Egglia: Legend of the Redcap
    Yankai’s Peak
    Beholder
    Eternium
    Badland 2
    Framed 1 and 2
    Pavillion
    To the Moon
    Old Man’s Journey
    Miss Fisher and the Deathly Maze
    Alto’s Odyssey (and Adventure)
    Evoland 2
    Strata
    The Silent Age

  10. Post
    #10
    OP. You've posted in a primarily New Zealand forum. I expect you'll not get a lot of feedback as the game looks region locked.
    Not for me, not a MMO player, and not a fan of the aesthetic. good luck though.

  11. Post
    #11
    ChrisB wrote:
    Might be one of the most uninformed opinions I've read in here in a long time. Do better bro.

    Sure there is a lot of shovelware out in the mobile space, but by your logic PC games are also meth because of the glut of crap being piled into Steam.

    There are amazing, massively creative, beautiful, and even emotionally charged mobile games being released all the time. Maybe if people actually looked for the quality rather than blindly regurgitating the same stagnant crap every other uninformed "real gamer" spews we'd be in a better place.
    People who tallk shit about mobile are no different than any other platform elitist. Grat bro you just pulled a SirGrim. Does it make you feel superior?


    I stand by my statement: it's more of a macro take than a micro assessment of the good mobile games that I'm well aware of...shit man, I play some of them I never said I wasn't part of the addiction/problem, I'm just acknowledging it's influence and general direction as I see it brosefio (as a way monetisation has crept more and more into the hobby we hold dear, I see it as the patient zero of sorts)

    Ease of monetisation is the gateway drug here, doesn't take away from the good highs to experience on the mobile mediums though, Valkyrie Profile, KotOR, Secret of Mana and Planescape Torment being played on your phone is some pretty cool ass shit (the fact it's even possible etc).


    Don't take it so personally mang

    xqgames wrote:
    Hello, it's a big pleasure to have a chance to introduce our company.
    We are XQ GAMES, mobile game development company in Korea.

    I am here with googling with "Game Community in Australia", to check which title is popular in Australia, and which features on Australia gaming market there are, because we do not have any experience about your market. So, I just joined here, but, I am sure that I found the exact place for my goal. There are lots of game specialists, and there are lots of great information for the market, and by the real gamers. What a great place!

    Is there anyone who can give us frank opinion for the game?

    Battle of Souls:
    - Strategic MORPG with F2P
    - both on iOS and AOS
    - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...fsoul&hl=en_US

    With the frank opinion by the real Australia users, we can have more detailed budgeting and planning for the game for your country.

    If you have any inquiries, you can leave reply here, or e-mail to me at any time:
    gho at dreamwiz.com


    Thank you very much.

    Sincerely yours,
    XQ GAMES in KOREA
    Hey Gho - don't think I was attacking your game directly before, so wasn't man, just a lil rant I have about the mobile sector as a whole!

    I like the aesthetic of your game for sure, kind of reminds me FFXV's characters mixed with something like classic Anime/Fantasy, should jibe ok with the NZ/Aus crowds. Seems to have a lot of depth to your systems too with the stages and such as well - maybe a bit more detail in your synopsis would be better though (a good 2-3 paragraphs detailing the game's lore/background as well as the technical aspects and mechanics of the game that you currently have on the Play store page). Good luck!

  12. Post
    #12
    Again your ingorance is showing. Maybe dont talk about shit youre not up to speed on. Premium is coming back in a big way. F2P is losing favour. But what the **** would I know? I mean its not like i work in the industry... oh wait.

    Almost all of the games I listed are premium.

    Maybe dont tar the whole miblie space withnthe sane brush. Also not taking anything personal, just cant stand when people use their feelings in place of facts.

  13. Post
    #13
    Like I said, I play mobile games man, I'm a fan of some of them - it was more a black humor droplet amongst a sea of factoids and verbal venn diagrams.

    Feels are good for business though, the forums would be pretty bloody boring without some colour and emotion splattered here and there, bit of Jackson Pollock never hurt nobody

  14. Post
    #14
    ChrisB wrote:
    OP. You've posted in a primarily New Zealand forum. I expect you'll not get a lot of feedback as the game looks region locked.
    Not for me, not a MMO player, and not a fan of the aesthetic. good luck though.
    Thank you very much. I thought this forum is for Australia, because I had designated Australia from the site. If I made you uncomfortable, I apologize for his. For your information, we will launch our game in New Zealand soon. We are step by step expanding the territory. Again, thank you so much.

  15. Post
    #15
    IST wrote:


    I stand by my statement: it's more of a macro take than a micro assessment of the good mobile games that I'm well aware of...shit man, I play some of them I never said I wasn't part of the addiction/problem, I'm just acknowledging it's influence and general direction as I see it brosefio (as a way monetisation has crept more and more into the hobby we hold dear, I see it as the patient zero of sorts)

    Ease of monetisation is the gateway drug here, doesn't take away from the good highs to experience on the mobile mediums though, Valkyrie Profile, KotOR, Secret of Mana and Planescape Torment being played on your phone is some pretty cool ass shit (the fact it's even possible etc).


    Don't take it so personally mang



    Hey Gho - don't think I was attacking your game directly before, so wasn't man, just a lil rant I have about the mobile sector as a whole!

    I like the aesthetic of your game for sure, kind of reminds me FFXV's characters mixed with something like classic Anime/Fantasy, should jibe ok with the NZ/Aus crowds. Seems to have a lot of depth to your systems too with the stages and such as well - maybe a bit more detail in your synopsis would be better though (a good 2-3 paragraphs detailing the game's lore/background as well as the technical aspects and mechanics of the game that you currently have on the Play store page). Good luck!
    Thank you so much again, for your detailed feedback. All of those comments are very valuable for us. Thank you again!

  16. Post
    #16
    xqgames wrote:
    Thank you very much. I thought this forum is for Australia, because I had designated Australia from the site. If I made you uncomfortable, I apologize for his.
    I personally will never recover from such an insult and I hope your game fails

  17. Post
    #17
    Of course IST had to make the thread all serious and sh!t.

  18. Post
    #18
    Looks well done.

    I say use a male a female on your advertising and don't rely on boobs and sex appeal to sell the game.

  19. Post
    #19
    Grifty wrote:
    Of course IST had to make the thread all serious and sh!t.
    Of course ChrisG had to make the thread all antagonistic and shit.

  20. Post
    #20
    I think I'm honestly sick of reading threads where ChrisB is shitting on everthing and everyone.

    /ignore.

    EDIT: Dammit. Doesn't work. Wait - it does
    Last edited by Rii; 24th July 2018 at 10:56 am.

  21. Post
    #21
    The day a Mod has to block a staff member

  22. Post
    #22
    There is a massive glut of samey mobile games: clickers, idlers, base-builders and mmo grinders. They all end up being roughly the same thing, which is mindless repetition and a point at which you need to start funnelling huge amounts of money to actual progress properly or be competitive.

    There are a huge amount of anime/mange-inspired ones because I guess there are lots of Asian mobile dev companies. Looking at the Battle of Souls playstore page, it looks exactly like dozens of other games with the anime look and I have zero interest in that. I think you'd find that most Aus/NZ players are more into Western RPG titles than JRPG-style games.

    I've tried a few different mobile genres which are more text-based, decision making/pick-a-path and they were quite fun for a change. They had some small financial investments you could make but nothing on the scale of hundred or thousands of dollars.

    For the past few months I've been playing netmarble's Marvel Future Fight, I've sunk a fair bit of money into it to get the best characters and I feel a bit stung by that but for a game you really like you're more likely to do this. Because it's based on Marvel there's a huge fanbase and huge roster to choose from, compared to JRPG style games (other than Final Fantasy) which don't have as much recognition for Western audiences.

    The only mobile game I'm looking forward to is ESO: Blades becase a) love my Bethesda titles and b) it looks utterly unlike any other mobile game. I've tried looking for dungeon-crawler, first-person mobile games and have found exactly zero.

  23. Post
    #23
    Tormenta wrote:
    Of course ChrisG had to make the thread all antagonistic and shit.
    Rii wrote:
    I think I'm honestly sick of reading threads where ChrisB is shitting on everthing and everyone.

    /ignore.

    EDIT: Dammit. Doesn't work.
    +1

    Seems like OP is asking for the opinions of the masses, which is what IST has provided. I can't see anywhere where he says it has to be from industry professionals. Hell, OP even thanked IST for his opinion.

    ChrisB, rather than attack IST, couldn't you just voice your own opposing opinion and leave it at that? IST might have a more generalised opinion than you do, you being an industry professional and all, but that doesn't mean he's not entitled to it.

    I play Microsoft Solitare, some random Mahjong game, and Angry Birds 2. I have enjoyed Hidden Folks and some other game where you had to find stuff, but in general, i don't give a shit about mobile gaming. It's essentially something i do when i'm on the crapper and bored of surfing the net.

  24. Post
    #24
    *ChrisB, I stand corrected.

    I don't read a lot of gaming threads but all the posts of his I have read seem to be unfathomably hostile towards someone. It's a bit weird.

    I might have to check out OP's game now, my new iPhone has 256 GBs

  25. Post
    #25
    Tormenta wrote:
    I might have to check out OP's game now, my new iPhone has 256 GBs
    Welcome to the iPhone Master Race my friend!