1. Lightning

Trial character transfer situation.

Hello.

Over the last few weekends I've been playing the trial version, which has been gr8, I decided last night to finally pay for it and remove the trial version limitations and play properly and have been having lots of fun with it.

Only problem is, when I started the character it was thru a American realm (Dalaran to be exact, I had no way of choosing) and after now paying for my month subscription am realizing that kind of sucks and I should be playing on Frostmourne (or another oceanic server)

Is it _really_ worth re-rolling a character on a NZ/Aus server? I am noticing my ping is around 200 on Dalaran, its just that ARGH I am keen to keep this character going but I'd have to pay $40 to transfer the character.

Super super noob here, played WoW for a few months upon it's release and am only just returning now to play casually in my free time so sorry if this thread is a bit dumb.

Cheers m8z

2. Post
    is it worth re rolling on a nz/aus server? if you dont have anything keeping you on an american server then yes. The pings alone are worth it.

Transferring there, its not worth paying for unless you are higher level, just create a new character and start again.

3. Post
    What level is your character?

The ping makes a huge difference to the play....lower the better!

I would just make a new character on a Oceanic server now. Pefect time. BFA next month means gear doesn't mean anything and buying the BFA expansion gives you a free 110 character..

4. Post
    level 26 arms warrior, so not too far in, also obvs NZ players to play with right? if I plan to keep going and maybe eventually join a guild etc, but which one is best for Horde?
    Last edited by Ret-; 29th July 2018 at 12:14 pm.

5. Post
    AIght, re-rolling on Frostmourne on Horde, add me/help out a noob if you want! cheers

Name:  WoWScrnShot_072918_130949.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  325.7 KB

6. Post
    Don't play Horde on Frostmourne.

For Horde, go with either: Jubei'thos, Gundrak, or Barthilas.

For Alliance go with either: Frostmourne or Khaz'goroth.

- - - Updated - - -

Post your btag and I might do a dungeon or two with you today.

7. Post
    teelo7 wrote:
    Don't play Horde on Frostmourne.

For Horde, go with either: Jubei'thos, Gundrak, or Barthilas.

For Alliance go with either: Frostmourne or Khaz'goroth.

- - - Updated - - -

Post your btag and I might do a dungeon or two with you today.
    gah wish I read this post earlier! already got my toon to level 16, thanks for the info tho

re-rolling AGAIN on Barthilas as Horde

8. Post
    battletag is: NightAvenger#11839

actually happy I'm rerolling cause I wasnt happy with the name "Rungas" (a inside joke/slang term with my group of friends for something that is a bit shit but actually pretty rad)

and am now DOOMTYRANT (Warrior) on Barthilas!

9. Post
    You can play Horde Frostmourne if you want, just keep War Mode disabled... because it's a massive Alliance server (but still heaps of horde) but if you have War Mode disabled, you can't be ganked so it doesn't matter anyway.

10. Post
    Does blizzard still not place limits on active server character balance? I would have thought by now if there was too many characters on one side they'd block creation of characters on the overpopulated side until the server was more balanced

IIRC they tried something out which was cross-realm PVP but still within the same server grouping but that failed too because Oceanic was Alliance dominated last time I played at least

Anyway, just thought they would have implemented some limits to maintain balance in PVP

11. Post
    Sure he can level on Frostmourne but his choices for guilds will be limited horde-side.

12. Post
    Barthilas Horde is good. Plenty of NZ guilds to choose from.

13. Post
    yup Barthilas Horde is a great choice, was my main server for many years.

14. Post
    I also have at least one top level character on Barth horde.

15. Post
    What oceanic server for pvp specifically?

16. Post
    booyah wrote:
    What oceanic server for pvp specifically?
    horde - barth

17. Post
    There's no such thing as pvp servers any more, it's all per player via war mode.

18. Post
    While true, you're still currently more likely to find PvP-minded players on a former PvP server.

19. Post
    Lot of ganking going at the southern end of the big troll city.