Page 5 of 5 First ... 2345

1. Post
    Eclectic Gamester wrote:
    Katryn Janeway :O
    Janeway wasn't a Mary Sue; characters designed to appeal to SJWs can't be seen as having flaws. She's also a cisgendered straight white woman, so not "diverse" by bigoted SJW standards.
    Vulcan wrote:
    What's with the Australian Samurai.
    The Romulan assassin guy? He was raised/trained by a sect of assassin nuns and an exposition dump said they were one of the few organisations who can stand up to the Tal Shiar. Picard also felt guilt for feeling that he abandoned the boy and the Romulan refugee colony, 14 years prior. The show is boring as f*ck but come on, try to pay attention.

2. Post
    brand wrote:
    Star Trek except with really bad comedy... I tried, I just couldn't...
    I mean, what's Star Trek without a bit of cheesy comedy?

3. Post
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    I mean, what's Star Trek without a bit of cheesy comedy?
    The comedy episodes were always the best episodes "The Inner Light" was a laugh riot so was that episode where there were four lights...

4. Post
    well at least we got Elrond in Star Trek now?

5. Post
    I quite enjoyed last nights episode. Main arc is finally moving forward a bit.

6. Post
    The show is finally going somewhere, decent episode.

7. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    The show is finally going somewhere, decent episode.
    Really? I'd given up after last weeks shitshow. Guess I'll give it another chance.

8. Post
    ...and with episode 7 we're back to being boring shit.

9. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    ...and with episode 7 we're back to being boring shit.
    You ain't wrong. Looks like they're going to ramp shit up next episode though.

10. Post
    Gave up after that awful episode where they were playing dress up. The show is mediocre crap so not gonna waste anymore time on it.

Was considering continuing just so I can watch RLM shit on it & I'd have some context of what they're talking about lol.

11. Post
    Ive been enjoying it so far. There were some great reunions last episode. The only thing thats bothered me so far is the direction they took the Agnes character. The betrayal came out of left field and doesnt make sense.

12. Post
    Huh? that was explained in the last episode.

13. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    Huh? that was explained in the last episode.
    Even then what happened was pretty damn obvious when she did her betrayal. The "evil" Romulans dudes told her about the android apocalypse scenario. That was reflected in her dialogue during that dumb French pirate Picard episode.

14. Post
    https://twitter.com/ThomasConnorsJr/...513859073?s=19
    Hahaha! Recoloured art from Shutterstock! This is like Tali's face reveal from Mass Effect 3 all over again.
    https://archive.vn/5cEx3

15. Post
    Why is ep10 not showing on Prime Video?

16. Post
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    Why is ep10 not showing on Prime Video?
    Usually comes out on Friday, the day after CBS All Access

17. Post
    Apart from the nostalgia this show created, this show was terrrible.

18. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    Usually comes out on Friday, the day after CBS All Access
    Oh well, watched it anyway lol. Dicks.

I don't think it was too bad overall but I wonder if this season was meant as more of a prologue more than anything else. Sounds like they got him set up to be captain again at the end anyway.

19. Post
    Wait. Lesbo Seven of Nine? Faaaaaap fap fap.

20. Post
    eh , this was crap, this is not my star trek . No bright future here , just dystopian future drama with star trek stuck on for nostalgia fan base.

21. Post
    I liked this 1st season overall. Much more than Discovery to which I couldn't even finish. It probably helped I don't have the nostalgic attachment to star trek like some of you guys probably do.

22. Post
    because it is Mass Effect with a Star trek badge.

23. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    eh , this was crap, this is not my star trek . No bright future here , just dystopian future drama with star trek stuck on for nostalgia fan base.
    I think the big problem with it is they couldn't decide if they wanted to have it as another season of TNG or if they wanted to expand on the new characters. It's like, as soon as they tried to expand on a new character, an old one would come in and hog the screentime, and vice versa.

It couldn't find a direction and stick with it.

24. Post
    I like it.

The way they tell a story is vastly different to TNG/DS9/VOY, no single-episode stories, but it's still Star Trek.

But ep9 giant flowers and that jump-in sound effect? It did feel like they were ripping off Elite: Dangerous.