1. Post

Noob question about ordering parts for your car

So basically i try and do as much work on my car as i possibly can . It appears as if my handbrake cables are stretched to the max and i will need to replace them to get a warrant.

so this is the tricky bit

so basically the car that im fixing is a 2004 Toyota Sienta , which im told is basically a Toyota yaris/ echo underneath with different body panels on it.there isnt a hell of a lot of information on it , since its basically a jdm car. i cant find a workshop manual for it , otherwise id try to identify the part from there.

how do i go about ordering the part , do i remove the cable to look for a part number on it ? do i try and contact toyota NZ ? do i just buy a cable for a Toyota yaris of the same year on ebay ?(id hate to order the wrong part by mistake)

is there a method that some people out there on gp forums use ?

thanks for any help

2. Post
    I look for the parts here http://jp-carparts.com/

But normally buy here https://www.amayama.com/en or North Shore Toyota or Miles Toyota.

3. Post
    Wow brilliant sites , helps alot . wish id known about it sooner
    Last edited by Darkstar_nz; 11th August 2018 at 7:45 pm.

4. Post
    I assume that you have already adjusted the cable up as much as you can?

5. Post
    Yeah , its at max , unfortunately .

6. Post
    It has a significantly longer wheelbase than a first gen Vitz so I doubt the same cable would work anyway.

7. Post
    There is also partsouq.com enter your chassis number

8. Post
    First stop for me in this case would be Toyota, they can look up the right part first time. Get a price and go from there.

9. Post
    Jimbob wrote:
    There is also partsouq.com enter your chassis number
    I just checked some parts on this website and it's so much cheaper than buying locally...
    Thanks for that!

10. Post
    back the cable all the way off til the lever is floppy and then adjust the brake shoes properly. THEN adjust the cable.

11. Post
    will do