1. Post

Diablo III

Threadworthy

It's_happening.gif

No release date as of yet other than 2018

2. Post
    Gets a meh/10 from me. I already lose interest in the PC version after a few hours each season.

3. Post
    "Diablo 3: 7 Minutes of Nintendo Switch Gameplay - Gamescom 2018"

4. Post
    Getting some decent reviews, 87 on Metacritic https://www.metacritic.com/game/swit...nal-collection

Obviously it's basically just more Diablo but it seems like they've done a great job, no / minimal slowdown etc.

I played a few mins at Armageddon and yeah it felt great. I was initially going to get this tomorrow but between Dark Souls and RDR2 my schedule is fully booked lol. Plus I've already played the story through on PS4 and while I did start a season character, kinda lost interest. Maybe once I finish DS I'll think about picking it up.

5. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    Threadworthy
    naaaah

6. Post
    Kog wrote:
    naaaah
    agreed. Kinda felt like it was at the time given the hype and speculation on reddit but for around here not so much. ah well.

7. Post
    I think it's nice for switch owners who've never played it before, d3 is like skyrim being ported to everything

8. Post
    I'll probably get it. Never played it.

9. Post
    Yeah I just hit max level 600 in Destiny 2 last night so decided I'll pick this up this morning. Loot is good for the dopamine.

Amiibo announced: https://twitter.com/Diablo/status/1058040990240571392

10. Post
    Being that I finished the story on PS4, I jumped straight into the Adventure mode which being unlocked on day 1 is a Switch exclusive. I only played a little bit of a Season on PS4 so this will be great on the lunch breaks. Also started with the Necromancer, which I never purchased on PS4. So overall feels like a fresh experience.

Looks and plays great hand held.

11. Post
    Pasting in from the gp review thread

Played heaps on the weekend - started with that and jumped into bounties, rifts etc. So far all the loot looks the same, I feel so casual coz I'm looking at the numbers rather than the bonuses. I ended up in - what i think was - a greater rift the other day (needed a key to join) and got some green gear set stuff. Ahhh feels good getting decent gear! Watching the gear set perks activate as I equip reminds me of The Division (which they stated was influenced by D3 so it's cool going back to the original format.)

Had heaps of fun co-op'ing over the weekend, played heaps, and am up to Paragon 40-ish.

Gameplay-wise I still kind of feel like it's "hold a, press other buttons as they become available and wait until everything dies" but I'm sometimes going for the highest difficulty available to me, which usually gets me matched with much higher players. Other times will be just over my level so I'm not completely useless!

Hand held it does get a bit muddy with too much combat on the screen but framerate never dropped.

12. Post
    Interesting.

Looking forward to picking this up on return to Auckland in a few weeks.

13. Post
    Yeah longevity-wise I'm still not sure about the lasting appeal. Like I said I've played the story on PS4 so not going to bother on Switch. This season is near the end I believe.. then there's a week or so until the next one.. so depends on whether I feel like starting the Season from scratch and turning this into a regular thing.

14. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    Yeah longevity-wise I'm still not sure about the lasting appeal. Like I said I've played the story on PS4 so not going to bother on Switch. This season is near the end I believe.. then there's a week or so until the next one.. so depends on whether I feel like starting the Season from scratch and turning this into a regular thing.
    December 16 is when the current season finishes, you've got ages.

15. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    December 16 is when the current season finishes, you've got ages.
    thanks for that. Funnily enough from the googling I did before I could only finish the starting date, not the finishing date. Gathered it was around mid december. Just finished Chapter 2 from the season quests, got me some seasonal gear set items for my Necro which is all good.

16. Post
    Fun week grinding! Got the seasonal Rathma set for my Necro

Name:  IMG_20181107_205222.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  141.8 KB

17. Post
    Do you have to pay for seasonal challenges like fortnite?

18. Post
    Pulley wrote:
    Do you have to pay for seasonal challenges like fortnite?
    Nope. I'm still only half way through the challenges but this was a pretty good milestone.

You get to keep your character and gear once the season finishes to use in the story too.

19. Post
    I think this version is as good as the PC, but for different reasons. I love the portability, and it looks really nice in handheld mode. Took a long while to get to grips with the new controls, but they work really well, and I am not sure if I can go back to stutter step after having a roll and the analogue stick movement. I miss the accuracy and precision for aimed attacks, but I think the trade off is fair.
    The play so differently its quite refreshing.

20. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    I think this version is as good as the PC, but for different reasons. I love the portability, and it looks really nice in handheld mode. Took a long while to get to grips with the new controls, but they work really well, and I am not sure if I can go back to stutter step after having a roll
    me 2 weeks ago: think I'll pass on D3. finished the story on PS4, cbf doing it all again.
    also me, since buying: SEASONS IN MY ****ING VEINS

Loving this game. Started a second seasonal character today. Can't see myself ever doing the story, rifts, bounties etc are the bomb.

21. Post
    lol! I feel ya. I was umming and ahhing about it, but I have a smashed ankle atm so I have a lot of time laying about the house so figured why not. No regrets at all, even at the insane price.

22. Post
    I really want to get this but I can't justify paying more for this port than I did for Red Dead 2 Switch is my first Nintendo console and I wish I played it more but the prices are a real deterrent for me

23. Post
    Darkening of Tristram annual event running until the end of the month, first time its featured on Switch https://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...iversary_event

24. Post