1. Post
    You aren't though if it's a keeper rather than a dynasty. You can just elect how many keepers it is whether it's only 3 or whatever.

And then you just always have the draft as inverted of the previous season standings so those who were shit get that chance to bounce back. If you know you aren't winning that year you can make trades with contenders for the following year to help etc.

I'm in two NFL keepers that have run for around a decade and an NBA one for many years and it's great if you have the numbers who keep coming back every year.

2. Post
    brand wrote:
    We could but the point is to kill time and talk shit before the season starts.
    Oh yeah...

3. Post
    DOGZILLA wrote:
    You aren't though if it's a keeper rather than a dynasty. You can just elect how many keepers it is whether it's only 3 or whatever.
    I took Dipo at 61 last year and Jokic at 46 the year before I would be sitting on three top 10 picks if this was a keeper league...

I don't think you want that

4. Post
    brand wrote:
    I took Dipo at 61 last year and Jokic at 46 the year before I would be sitting on three top 10 picks if this was a keeper league...

I don't think you want that
    And if you win you pick last the following year while others rebuild, that's how it cycles. You miss the chance at the new rookies who come in, it balances out.

It also means that people draft fotr utures as well, so those guys would have gone earlier because people value youth.

There's many layers to it, that's part of why it's cool.

5. Post
    DOGZILLA wrote:
    And if you win you pick last the following year while others rebuild, that's how it cycles. You miss the chance at the new rookies who come in, it balances out.

It also means that people draft fotr utures as well, so those guys would have gone earlier because people value youth.

There's many layers to it, that's part of why it's cool.
    I've always thought a keeper league for GP would be fun. I think 2 is the best number for it, as it makes the draft much more fun when people actually have to drop a good player or two to the teams that finish bottom.

Oh, and hi.

6. Post
    OK I think we've given everybody enough time to join...

We will roll with the 12 teams and 15 man rosters. I will draw the draft order shortly and we can make a start.

7. Post
    12 teams better anyway imo

8. Post

9. Post
    Challenge accepted.

10. Post
    I don't know who Half Cut Heroes is

11. Post
    DOGZILLA wrote:
    I don't know who Half Cut Heroes is
    D'angelo

12. Post
    The first two picks are obvious -now it gets interesting...

13. Post
    Was a bit tempted to go with another name but yeah hard to go past the Beard.

14. Post
    I think there's an obvious 3rd pick. I'm interested to see what scraps are left for me at 12/13.

15. Post
    9 again! Ah man. Although got LBJ at 9 last year haha

16. Post
    Feels like I'm in the middle every time between DW and mofo.

17. Post
    Everyone is going to get superstar players the first 2 rounds -it is the 3rd round where it starts to drop off...

18. Post
    Who is Slashers? they're up but don't know who to PM

19. Post

pmd
    Last edited by =Mad*^*Slasher=; 2nd September 2018 at 11:53 am.

20. Post
    Was super tempted to take Giannis, especially as a Bucks fan. Hope he can go be MVP.

21. Post
    Who was 1st, 2nd, 3rd last year?

22. Post
    sap wrote:
    Who was 1st, 2nd, 3rd last year?
    Name:  gp.PNG
Views: 49
Size:  28.0 KB

23. Post
    Wow -I thought KD would have gone much sooner than this...

24. Post
    Centers tho.

25. Post
    I have so many choices and options at 12/13, haven't had to choose (in a non-keeper league) in this spot in a long time. Long time between picks, have to be super careful how I create the structure.