1. Post
    I am sorry that starry sky to street to beach to field transition was ****ing amazing!

2. Post
    jords wrote:
    I am sorry that starry sky to street to beach to field transition was ****ing amazing!
    Yes! The show is admirably cinematic.

I was confused at the end, did Manhattan drop the car?

3. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    Yes! The show is admirably cinematic.

I was confused at the end, did Manhattan drop the car?
    I'm assuming not, given that it was Sister Night's car that Will got whisked away in, but I think that they left that deliberately vague.

4. Post
    I am assuming it is the airship that took the car, that dropped it again
    Laughed at the Manhatten Dong

5. Post
    I thought Dr Manhattan dropped it considering how happy the chick was that he was actually listening to her. Could've been the airship too though.

6. Post
    Edward Diego wrote:
    I'm assuming not, given that it was Sister Night's car that Will got whisked away in, but I think that they left that deliberately vague.
    They seemed to have answered that this week but then opened up other mysteries. Really digging the balance between obfuscation and revelation in the writing.

Also the Reznor/Atticus soundtrack is so damn good...

7. Post
    the set etc is pretty good. the underlying narrative.. not so much. Some of the new vision of what will happen does not quite match up with what is presented. There is no reason to have big huge engine block style vehicles for example with just pure electric motors. Struggling to continue with this.

8. Post
    So they should just completely redesign all cars in this universe?
    Seems like quite a weird thing to get hung up on.

9. Post
    it is not just that alone, other reasons like the whole racism thing as well, makes little sense when there is a literal blue skinned god hanging around in your solar system...

10. Post
    What .. racism is one of the central plots ... and Dr Manhattan is a science experiment gone wrong .. not a God.

11. Post
    not sure why your definition of a god is but Manhattan can manipulate time, matter, space and energy on a unimagined scale on a whim as well as create life...

more importantly, he can walk around with his junk hanging out and no one dares says a thing!

12. Post
    Only took five episodes for some actual explanation.

Spoiler:

Also, here's a copy of the pamphlet from the support group scene for the curious:
    https://www.hbo.com/content/dam/hbod...ty-and-you.pdf

13. Post
    the only D from the original watchman is Dan Dreiberg , aka NightOwl who in the comics settled down with Laurie Juspeczyk , Silk Spectre (2).

there is more from the new Doomsday clock comic series but i am doubtful any of it will be applied to this series.

14. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    the only D from the original watchman is Dan Dreiberg , aka NightOwl who in the comics settled down with Laurie Juspeczyk , Silk Spectre (2).

there is more from the new Doomsday clock comic series but i am doubtful any of it will be applied to this series.
    Yeah, but as far as we know, Dreiburg is still in federal custody.

15. Post
    I'm loving Ozy

This show is great and I reckon over the course of the show almost every 'good' character will turn out despicable in some way or another.

16. Post
    So that last episode had the interesting reveal(s),

Spoiler:

but dunno man, felt like it could've been done faster, maybe left some room for More Amazing Adventures of Ozy, I felt deprived of Jeremy Irons.

Also...

Spoiler:

17. Post
    I liked the episode myself.

18. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    It's really cringey. The Rorschach gang are made up of white American Redneck stereotypes and they're white supremacists. They're killing cops and consider white officers to be race traitors. You can just tell the writers drink hard from the Twitter far leftist Kool Aid, they're obsessed with the bogeyman that is white supremacist radicalisation.

Loving the Trent Reznor soundtrack though.
    are you a parody of a gamergater?

19. Post
    rorschach was my favourite character in the edgy superhero movie but why is his mask a picture of a black guy raping my wife

20. Post
    Well now,
    Spoiler:

21. Post
    Latest ep was ****en awesome!! Have no idea where this is heading.

22. Post
    Best tv I've ever seen. Hopefully they can finish it

23. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Latest ep was ****en awesome!! Have no idea where this is heading.
    Once again, I strongly recommend Peteypedia if you're watching this show, they add new material to complement each episode (Petey being the gangly dude who ran the projector for the FBI...)

https://www.hbo.com/peteypedia

For example, the medical report for one Calvin Jelani: https://www.hbo.com/content/dam/hbod...ical-chart.pdf

24. Post
    The real question is, what happened to Lube Man?!

25. Post
    -HB wrote:
    The real question is, what happened to Lube Man?!
    The Hero We Need But Don't Deserve.