Page 1 of 3 123 Last

1. Post

Watchmen [HBO]

HBO has officially picked up it's Watchmen series for a full series order after a pilot was written by Damon Lindelof.

HBO also released a detailed cast list, including previously announced cast members. Regina King (“The Leftovers”), Jeremy Irons (“Dead Ringers”), Tim Blake Nelson (“O Brother, Where Art Thou?”), and Don Johnson (“Book Club”), as well as as Jacob Ming-Trent, Dylan Schombing, Lily Rose Smith, and Adelynn Spoon. The rest of the cast includes Louis Gossett Jr., Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Adelaide Clemens, Andrew Howard, Tom Mison, Frances Fisher, and Sara Vickers.

Lindelof reunites with his “Leftovers” executive producer Tom Spezialy on the series, as well as a former “Leftovers” director Nicole Kassell, who directed the pilot and is also attached to “Watchmen” as an executive producer. Stephen Williams (“Lost”) will also direct and produce, and Joseph Iberti (“Boardwalk Empire”) rounds out the team of EPs. “Watchmen” is produced for HBO by White Rabbit in association with Warner Bros. Television, based on characters from DC.

Here’s the official logline from HBO:

Set in an alternate history where “superheroes” are treated as outlaws, “Watchmen” embraces the nostalgia of the original groundbreaking graphic novel while attempting to break new ground of its own.
    https://www.indiewire.com/2018/08/wa...te-1201995838/

2. Post

3. Post
    Don't know that much about Watchmen but this looks pretty sweet

4. Post
    hmm well Doomsday clock is nearly done. Not sure about this tho..

5. Post
    I enjoyed Watchmen (the graphic novel mostly, the movie is the only thing of Snyder's I've actually kind of liked) but I don't know how necessary this is. I'll still watch it.

6. Post
    Trailer looks good, but I'm worried that this might turn out incoherent like Westworld

7. Post

8. Post
    1st episode is out.

9. Post
    It's really cringey. The Rorschach gang are made up of white American Redneck stereotypes and they're white supremacists. They're killing cops and consider white officers to be race traitors. You can just tell the writers drink hard from the Twitter far leftist Kool Aid, they're obsessed with the bogeyman that is white supremacist radicalisation.

Loving the Trent Reznor soundtrack though.

10. Post
    As soon as I saw Eva had posted I knew the above would be the exact contents. ****ing hilarious.

Anyway, I liked it; got strong Wolfenstein vibes.

11. Post
    "Our show is Watchmen. Our show's terrorists are making IEDs out of watch batteries." So cringe.

12. Post
    "HBO should have made a Making A Murderer style docuseries about how Dylann Roof was innocent."

so cringe

13. Post
    I couldn't get into it. Visuals were great that's about the only thing good thing in this. I enjoyed the 2nd episode of War of The Worlds more.

14. Post
    I enjoyed it, i enjoyed the premise of it all. Especially the white supremist stuff and the masks were all cool.

15. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    It's really cringey. The Rorschach gang are made up of white American Redneck stereotypes and they're white supremacists. They're killing cops and consider white officers to be race traitors. You can just tell the writers drink hard from the Twitter far leftist Kool Aid, they're obsessed with the bogeyman that is white supremacist radicalisation.
    You know how good sci-fi takes an existing thing and extrapolates from it? That's what this TV series is doing.

Loved that it started with the Battle of Tulsa, a part of history that has been forgotten.

16. Post
    Surprisingly enough never seen the movie

17. Post
    Just watched the episode, maybe it will grow on me with more episodes, but seemed a bit meh so far

18. Post
    How much of the comic book am I meant to know about to enjoy this? So far it was OKAY but not 'add to sonarr' good

19. Post
    Is Dr manhattan and his blue donger in this tv series or are they completely different characters for this show?

20. Post
    **** this was good.

21. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    Is Dr manhattan and his blue donger in this tv series or are they completely different characters for this show?
    He was in there for a little bit - on Mars on the telly. I don't think he'll appear.

22. Post
    Okay, so after Martial Feats of Comanche Horsemanship, I still have more questions, but then I remembered Will, the guy in the wheelchair, asking Sister Night/Angela if she thought he could lift 200 pounds, which I'm presuming is about the weight of the cop they hung at the end of the first episode, so obviously his murder was planned well in advance.

Now I want to know who the hell Will is working with - friends in high places, literally, huh. I'm going to keep watching, but they better start answering some questions...

23. Post
    I am enjoying the show.

We also got some blue penis already.

24. Post
    Thoroughly enjoyed episode one.

25. Post
    -HB wrote:
    I am enjoying the show.

We also got some blue penis already.
    That was... ...confrontingly large.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, for people watching the show, I recommend you google HBO's "Peteypedia", it provides some background.