Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post

Is PUBG dead?

My son wanted to play it but the matchmaking times are like 15 - 20 minutes. Is that normal?

2. Post
    I noticed this too, massive queues seems like it's dead which is no surprise since Fortnite is better

3. Post
    Hard to say because the OCE servers have been broken for months, I think the players are there they just can't join. Even TPP servers at peak times don't work, so it's definitely the servers.

Most just play on SEA servers which pop instantly.

SirGrim wrote:
    I noticed this too, massive queues seems like it's dead which is no surprise since Fortnite is better
    'better', mmmk. Not for people who care more about gunplay thank building forts and doing jumpy shotties.

4. Post
    An update a month or two ago when they implemented map selection and the feedback timer on estimated time broke the queue system for OC. For a while, despite cancelling and re-queuing multiple times it wouldn't find you a game in OC, even at peak times. That problem has since been fixed, but it caused many players to give up on OC queues.

OC players now by default play on SEA, even though its laggier. Though at peak times you can still find TP squad games in OC. Though the queuing system still is bugged, where some queues seem to be 'stale' and never fill, so you have to cancel and requeue until you find one that works..

Good way to send the game down the toilet just when they are finally sorting out the framerate and other general glitches

5. Post
    I think pubg died when they ping locked China out of OC.

6. Post
    PUBG was on the decline after the chinese filled OC and ingame voice chat became useless. Then the hacks went out of control, yet a lot of people were defending the game lol. I'm glad I got to play it in it's golden age.

7. Post
    As above once they opened up the map selection and all the different modes it killed it. Before you all queued together. OCE is dead, same happens with any game.

8. Post
    I'll try him on SEA servers then, cheers. Yeah, bit sad how quickly it came and went.

9. Post
    <N> wrote:
    Hard to say because the OCE servers have been broken for months, I think the players are there they just can't join. Even TPP servers at peak times don't work, so it's definitely the servers.

'better', mmmk. Not for people who care more about gunplay thank building forts and doing jumpy shotties.
    At least its finished. PUBG is buggy to broken. Hacked and has failed to keep the game clean. It is also looks like generic shooter 1.5. The gameplay loop may be deeper, but the game itself is in a piss-poor state.

10. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    piss-poor state.
    Understatement, Game is a complete joke.

11. Post
    They've had well over a year to fix their shit, and all they've done is turn it into a crate-peddling costume-fest.

Sure, I only paid $30 for it - but it's cost me more in mental frustration.

12. Post
    OCE didn't start popping till just after 9pm tonight..

13. Post
    I felt this yesterday, it was good before though.

14. Post
    All the OCE players use SEA because OCE is empty. It's a cycle of doom. Too many hackers have put me off pubg.

15. Post
    https://fix.pubg.com/?utm_source=game

Looks like it's a bit late for this

16. Post
    Gutted it died out, I had some really intense gaming sessions with PUBG. I tried fortnite out but it's a bit of a joke. Sad panda.

17. Post
    Play H1Z1 on PS4

18. Post
    Lethargic wrote:
    https://fix.pubg.com/?utm_source=game

Looks like it's a bit late for this
    lol everything everyone was asking for since the beginning, but they put off to add bullshit items etc. Now they have to come up with a big patch "fix pubg" announcement to get people hyped again. They just chased money with items and sales in China while ignoring everything else which ruined the game.

19. Post
    Pxndx wrote:
    lol everything everyone was asking for since the beginning, but they put off to add bullshit items etc. Now they have to come up with a big patch "fix pubg" announcement to get people hyped again. They just chased money with items and sales in China while ignoring everything else which ruined the game.
    It's so stupid, because the devs had ample time to fix most of these things. I struggle to believe they had insufficient resources considering they made a fortune from the 'early access' sales when the hype was the highest and everyone bought it.

They dug their own grave, really.

20. Post
    <N> wrote:

I thought the same when playing PUBG for the first time "What's this cartoon crap?". If you want realism play Arma 3. If you want a cartoon-looking jumpy shotty game play PUBG or Fortnite.

21. Post
    WhangaDan wrote:
    I thought the same when playing PUBG for the first time "What's this cartoon crap?". If you want realism play Arma 3. If you want a cartoon-looking jumpy shotty game play PUBG or Fortnite.
    HardcoreDan

22. Post
    I've never stepped into PUBG and thought 'this looks cartoony' - bit of an extension tbh.

It's not ARMA gameplay, but the graphical style of PUB is still along the 'realism' side of things.

23. Post
    Eldon wrote:
    I've never stepped into PUBG and thought 'this looks cartoony' - bit of an extension tbh.

It's not ARMA gameplay, but the graphical style of PUB is still along the 'realism' side of things.
    True. I think someone before described it quite aptly as looking like 'generic shooter 437'. They're right. There's nothing at all defining about PUBG visuals. It's almost like they lazily slapped together some readily available assets and stumbled onto a winning formula (which probably isn't too far from the truth really).

Which is why Fortnite gets a lot of press - it has an aesthetic schtick. Looking at other successful video game franchises they all share something in common - easily recognisable, even if you don't know the game mechanics.

24. Post
    Cant change servers now (or i cant work out where theyve put it since the last update) - so now epicly long wait times. GG pubg. Really trying hard to get me to stop playing aye ><

25. Post
    Equity wrote:
    Cant change servers now (or i cant work out where theyve put it since the last update) - so now epicly long wait times. GG pubg. Really trying hard to get me to stop playing aye ><
    I got into FPP matches within a minute