Is PUBG dead?

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
(2 votes)
Page 3 of 3 First 123
Results 51 to 60 of 60

  1. Post
    #51
    Will never be able to discern fact from rumour.... but heard from a few people via the OC discord channel, that they have different algorithms that control the queues for FPP/TPP. In order for TPP OC to begin to pop, there needs to be a pool of 1k players. FPP OC on the other hand, 10k or some stupid number.
    Also rumours that OC server isn't 24/7 and only on at certain times. Surely not.

    Edit:
    In saying that, still get enjoyable OC TPP games each night without fail. Would much prefer FPP however.

  2. Post
    #52
    zinogarphy wrote:
    I think pubg died when they ping locked China out of OC.
    It died because they let the Chinese in the Oceania servers, hack like crazy which pushed aus/nz players out. Then once the Chinese got pushed back to their own servers Oceania was a wasteland in comparison to what it was.

    This game was awesome in it's day and was my go to game, but the devs didn't give a enough of a shit. I'm glad Fornite took over (even though I don't like it).

  3. Post
    #53
    It's not just that - here are the main reasons why PUBG is dead

    1) Chinese hackers, along with poor support from the publisher and devs - they took too long to sort this out and made gamers uninstall the game

    2) Poor support and updates in general - taking too long to fix issues and update with new content

    3) Fortnite - Fortnite's popularity exploded and no doubt dragged some of the more mainstream players over. Sure there are hardcore PUBG players who won't play fortnite, but there are many more mainstream gamers who moved over. Fortnite also has much better performance and therefore makes for a better internet cafe game

    4) Item shop - Selling items for money put a sour taste in players mouths

  4. Post
    #54
    It's no longer in the steam charts top 10 either. Current players as of this post is 27,904. That's abysmal considering a year ago it broke the concurrent record with 3,236,027. What a fall from grace huh.

  5. Post
    #55
    Sverin wrote:
    It's no longer in the steam charts top 10 either. Current players as of this post is 27,904. That's abysmal considering a year ago it broke the concurrent record with 3,236,027. What a fall from grace huh.
    To be fair, that was during a period of server maintenance. It's averaging just under half a million these days.

  6. Post
    #56
    Sverin wrote:
    It's no longer in the steam charts top 10 either. Current players as of this post is 27,904. That's abysmal considering a year ago it broke the concurrent record with 3,236,027. What a fall from grace huh.
    What are you talking about? It's always in 2nd most played and has been for quite a while.

    Have been finding games pretty much straight away for a while now, you just need to play at the right times, 8pm on wards. 40 Ping games. Match making was broken for a bit but it seems to be fixed now.

  7. Post
    #57
    Yeah i didn't take into consideration that it was maintenance time. Just had a quick look before i posted and those were the numbers i saw.

  8. Post
    #58
    dude2099 wrote:
    What are you talking about? It's always in 2nd most played and has been for quite a while.

    Have been finding games pretty much straight away for a while now, you just need to play at the right times, 8pm on wards. 40 Ping games. Match making was broken for a bit but it seems to be fixed now.
    you must be playing TPP? squads? im always getting put in NA (sometimes AS) servers when i play FPP duos

  9. Post
    #59
    sens- wrote:
    you must be playing TPP? squads? im always getting put in NA (sometimes AS) servers when i play FPP duos
    Yes, good point, Gave up on FPP, everyone seems to be on TPP. FPP preferred for sure but not as many players.

  10. Post
    #60
    Yeah, I still love the game, but with I didn't have to play with 180ms ping to get FPP games. TPP shouldn't exist.