Is PUBG dead?

Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.
(10 votes)

1. Post
    If playing OC TPP, usually ~30s Erangel, 15s Sanhok and maybe just over a minute for Miramar/Vikindi.

Really looking forward to this next patch. Quietly hoping it brings OC solo/duo back and would love to stretch as far as FPP coming back. But trying not to get hopes up ha.

2. Post
    S15Silvia wrote:
    If playing OC TPP, usually ~30s Erangel, 15s Sanhok and maybe just over a minute for Miramar/Vikindi.

Really looking forward to this next patch. Quietly hoping it brings OC solo/duo back and would love to stretch as far as FPP coming back. But trying not to get hopes up ha.
    Coming from playing on 200ms+ to 40ms (on OCE) is such a different game. But I love duo FPP, which is only available on SEA atm (and my pings are around 120ms).

I would rejoice if FPP became available...

When is the patch meant to land?

3. Post
    Lothy wrote:
    Coming from playing on 200ms+ to 40ms (on OCE) is such a different game. But I love duo FPP, which is only available on SEA atm (and my pings are around 120ms).

I would rejoice if FPP became available...

When is the patch meant to land?
    Yeah I get ~110-120 on SEA. Which is playable but definitely notice the desync.

I think it was meant to be released tonight as part of the Erangel map upgrade? I sure hope so anyway.

4. Post
    what actually happened to the OCE servers, was it just a lack of player count or was it a bug?

5. Post
    Lothy wrote:
    what actually happened to the OCE servers, was it just a lack of player count or was it a bug?
    A bug, a bug that Bluehole refused to acknowledge.
    They fixed it for a while and it was great! But then it broke again and was never fixed.

So typical of game devs these days. Early release, fix a few things, game never gets 100% completed, riddled with bugs, gets better slowly and then dies out.

Member when games were released when they were completed? I member.

6. Post
    Been playing alot using the PUBG Oce Discord server for groups. FPP Squads, been pretty good, never see Oce servers though unless i switch to TPP.

7. Post
    ah right...

2 things i have hated in gaming these days. DLCs and early access...

8. Post
    DeazeNZ wrote:
    Been playing alot using the PUBG Oce Discord server for groups. FPP Squads, been pretty good, never see Oce servers though unless i switch to TPP.
    I am regularly looking for duos/squads and relying on pubg randoms is a hit and miss. Ill join the Oce discord tonight.

Thanks for the info!

9. Post
    And it appears OCE servers are back for FPP Squads.

10. Post
    ^ stoked!

11. Post
    25ping tonight. Wow!

12. Post
    Was so happy when i saw FPP!!

I dont know if its just me, but i found a performance hit. My machine was sitting at the constant 144fps...

13. Post
    Wow that's awesome. I'm going to reinstall and see how terrible my FPS aim is after almost a year away from the genre

14. Post
    I was reading on the PUBG forums that some people were experiencing longer queues. I played 3 games last night and managed to get into a game reasonably quick. They were squad FPP, I am planning on trying duo tonight. So lets see.

15. Post
    Yeah, solo was a wait...but a bit of a wait for a far better ping is okay. I played squads with a couple quiet kiwi's haha. Bit of a change after playing with rowdy foreigners that I usually can't understand but talk heaps.

16. Post
    Have managed to get both FPP Duo & Squad, nearly instantly. Duo spent a little longer in lobby waiting to fill numbers, but well worth that trade off.

17. Post
    krashersmasher wrote:
    Yeah, solo was a wait...but a bit of a wait for a far better ping is okay. I played squads with a couple quiet kiwi's haha. Bit of a change after playing with rowdy foreigners that I usually can't understand but talk heaps.
    LOL i had that exact problem... Its a squad game dammit, talk!

18. Post
    Lothy wrote:
    LOL i had that exact problem... Its a squad game dammit, talk!
    Totally aye...comms is key. I found once I started chatting my team members warmed up and talked more. Maybe just shy kiwi's need to be drawn out a bit

Or, maybe everyone is in this discord channel that I haven't joined yet.

19. Post
    I joined the discord channel last night, but only saw a handful of people online. Maybe we just need to hang out in the "looking for team" group.

20. Post
    At the risk of being told to GTFO does anyone play this on PS4? Its on sale atm for $26 on the PS Store. I used to play a bit on PC but I suck at KB and suffer from RSI so I prefer using a controller these days. Just wondering if there much of a player base for it on PS4?

EDIT: don't worry Oceania servers sound like shit on PS4 so not gonna bother
    Last edited by Ins0mn1ac; 25th July 2019 at 5:18 pm.

21. Post
    Wait is a bit annoying now, but I do like that it gives OC a shot...so we have to deal with a wait while it tries to populate an OC server...which probs won't work off peak, then it bumps you after about 5min to a NA, or AS server if there are not enough.

On peak seems sweet though. It may be my imagination, but it also seems to deal with poor ping better than it used to. I was playing with 200ping in the morning yesterday and it was managable.

22. Post
    most of my Duos and squad queues were insta join and this was around 8:30pm NZ.

But i am feeling the latency difference, long may it last

23. Post
    Epic..makes me want to stay up all night playing...

24. Post
    Thank goodness its the weekend. Many games will be played!

I might need to warn the wife of my absence lol

25. Post
    How's the Chinese hacking issue these days?