1. Post

WHATS Happening in WoW?

WHy is a new expansion out but this forum is dead????

2. Post
    Too busy grinding rep!

3. Post
    Heaps of forums are dead.

Everyone uses discord now

WoW is still the same...mostly. Just new stuff that is much the same with some semi new thrown in.

4. Post
    so they released a new exp and now everyones grinding rep? **** that

5. Post
    I played the past 2 expansions on/off and never got flying enabled, so making sure I do it this time. Part of that requires the rep grind from world quests, which has also boosted my gear at the same time

6. Post
    I'm done with BFA finished all the world quests and story. Did some heroics. Bored now and not interested in the artifact power system.

Shelving until the next exp.

I really just play this like a single player warcraft game these days lol. If i want to catch up on story from patches / raids i'll youtube the clips.

7. Post
    Stimpy wrote:
    I'm done with BFA finished all the world quests and story. Did some heroics. Bored now and not interested in the artifact power system.

I really just play this like a single player warcraft game these days lol. If i want to catch up on story from patches / raids i'll youtube the clips.
    Doesn't seem worth buying then !

8. Post
    Stimpy wrote:

Fair enough. Artifact power is just an excuse to grind bit by bit when no greater goal is immediately available.
    You have no interest in the more competitive multiplayer stuff like raids (WoW's trademark) or arenas/battlegrounds?

For a lot of the last 14 years I've played WoW like a single player game (I consider lfr practically single player), subbing in and out depending on if there's any interesting new content or if my friends happen to be playing. The catch-up mechanics are such that you can come into the game at any time and be up to speed pretty quickly.

NOMIS wrote:
    Doesn't seem worth buying then !
    Even if you didn't want to do any multiplayer content or work through the xpac, levelling a character and doing a once over of the lowest level dungeons is still a fair amount of content. If all that was available to me was levelling, I'd still buy it.

9. Post
    I am enjoying it. Would buy again. Well worth it.

10. Post
    spoot wrote:
    I am enjoying it. Would buy again. Well worth it.
    What are you spending your time doing in game mainly?

11. Post
    NOMIS wrote:
    What are you spending your time doing in game mainly?
    Leveled the mage and DH - completed the story lines. Farmed enough rep to unlock the requirements.
    Did all the Mythic Dungeons and got 345 ilvl gear.
    Started raiding.

Now it will be M+ and raiding focus and alts when I find the time

12. Post
    I ended up buying it haha! It's pretty cheap and I have lots of spare time to fill at the moment haha.

I haven't played since I got to level 100. Should I boost to 110 or play from 100? I am worried if I boosted I would have no idea what is happening when I get in haha!!! But then I think playing from 100-110 is kinda pointless?

13. Post
    NOMIS wrote:
    I ended up buying it haha! It's pretty cheap and I have lots of spare time to fill at the moment haha.

I haven't played since I got to level 100. Should I boost to 110 or play from 100? I am worried if I boosted I would have no idea what is happening when I get in haha!!! But then I think playing from 100-110 is kinda pointless?
    Levelling the Legion Content is pretty easy. Just do the invasions which will have you at 110 in no time.

14. Post
    NOMIS wrote:
    It's pretty cheap
    $80 is not cheap for an expansion.

15. Post
    I made it to about level 100.5 before i got sick of not being able to fly haha! It looks like a massive job to get flying. Might try that invasion thing if i'm awake at 1:30am ahhhhhhh

16. Post
    Don't rush it Simon. There is no need to rush. Running is all good. You don't need flying. Change the mindset. Just cruise and enjoy the flow.

100 to 110 was awesome fun (*I did it 12 times..........) and 110 to 120 has been fine - (done it twice already and 113 on another).

17. Post
    spoot wrote:
    Don't rush it Simon. There is no need to rush. Running is all good. You don't need flying. Change the mindset. Just cruise and enjoy the flow.

100 to 110 was awesome fun (*I did it 12 times..........) and 110 to 120 has been fine - (done it twice already and 113 on another).
    12 times

I logged in to do the invasion to see what it's all abut and apparently is the best way to level up. It was in Highmountain I could see it on the map no problem so I went there but their is no quests or anything no world quests etc..

So i google it and apparently you have to have a character at 110 and world quests unlocked to be able to do it? Is that still a thing?

18. Post
    Oh probably, that's kind of dumb.

To be honest as someone that played through to the end of WoTLK and came back briefly for MoP I really like the idea of pathfinder and restricting when people can fly. Lets you see my of some the fine work that has gone into the environment.

19. Post
    Not as good as Legion tbh

new raid is cool though, last fight is really fun.

20. Post
    I really like the pirate/aztec themes of the zones. New raid has some interesting mechanics but Warlock duty in that last fight is a bit boring.

21. Post
    i refunded the expansion i got to level 104 and realised i wasnt having fun haha. havent been interested in logging in for a few days.

i watched sooo many videos like this and thought why am i wasting time to get to this haha
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmeyWlWJZuM

i think i will come back to play classic WoW!
    Last edited by NOMIS; 14th September 2018 at 7:42 am.

22. Post
    I got to 117 before having the same realization. Something about this xpac just feels kinda vapid and meaningless.

23. Post
    I'm at 120 now and halfway to revered on that character. I'm losing motivation to play - admittedly I don't raid. But early on in the expac I enjoyed learning the dungeons and the challenge that they presented.

Thinking about this, is I feel the character development isn't as strong and with the race to do new dungeons you can replace a full set of gear in four days. Add to this the fact that Blizzard was harping on about slowing down ilvl inflation for this expansion, but my experience has been anything but - you can get to 340 in a few days. The rotation is also far to quick.

Personal Loot I believe is a huge mistake, it was an attempt to solve a problem that was very much an edge case - the previous model wasn't terrible. The introduction of the scrapper is a unique tool and has had a deflationary effect on the economy.

Finally professions are inherently broken. In Vanilla, TBC and WoTLK you could craft gear that would be good for the first raid and generally were BoE. Now the max BoE you can create is ilvl 300 and is pretty much tossed out immediately as it's no longer needed as you can blow through this threshold with WQ rewards and by farming warfronts.

I do however like the adjustment to Mythics where the M+ stuff has a base affix plus additional ones the higher the level you go.

Overall, I'm pretty disengaged with the game.

24. Post
    I am enjoying M+ and playing alts casually.

Does the job for me at the moment.