Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    I haven't played for a number of years properly, this is the longest I've been back for over a month. This expansion is hot garbage outside of the story and zone design. Playing a Prot Warrior has not helped.

2. Post
    Yeah I'm rather bored with this expansion too.

3. Post
    uninstalled a few weeks ago after being away from the game for a few years and returning for this xpac.

4. Post
    Besides some of the awful mechanical changes, there are so many welfare handouts going on its crazy, what happened to the prestige of being a raider from yesteryear? Everyone seems to be running around in identical gear with different item levels and there are not one, not two, not three but four different raid difficulties??? What the hell happened to this game lmao

5. Post
    Waiting for the Classic servers, once they are up and running a lot of people are going to be riding that nostalgia train

6. Post
    Unsubbed, Might come back and check out 8.1 but at the moment everything's such a chore. How do they go from legion to this lol. What happened ?

7. Post
    A chore? Dinged 120 one night & went to bed...... get home from work next day & end of evening 345. Lucky timing with TW/Stromgard but way too easy.

8. Post
    Sverin wrote:
    The Pug life is brutal at the moment. Yet to get past Mythrax might be time to apply for some guilds.
    teelo7 wrote:
    Maybe try and stay in the guild longer than a couple weeks this time?
    Hey look: I was right!

Sverin wrote:
    Unsubbed, Might come back and check out 8.1 but at the moment everything's such a chore. How do they go from legion to this lol. What happened ?

9. Post
    teelo7 wrote:
    Hey look: I was right!
    Well done buddy, Internet ego went up 10 points. Congrats.

10. Post
    Yeah interesting point in the game. Only way I am enjoying it right now is playing the alts. Not a lot to do on main anymore, stuff doing Island shit - boring, stuff farming AP - boring. Just do the raid once or twice a week. Don't have the patience or motivation to do Mythic raiding anymore, relying on others sucks - much prefer to solo challenge content. I have 3 characters at 360 now - just doing PUG groups for Heroic Raids and M+ once a week per char. The azerite gear system isn't great.

I feel the classic nostaglia will get boring real fast too....just is what it is. An old game that some of us have spent 13+ years doing essentially the same thing...

11. Post
    How they handle the classic servers will be interesting.

If they literally just get the original wow classic with the exact same gameplay mechanics then it's going to suck.

Have fun grinding for a week non stop to make 100g or PVPing non stop without break in a hope you could make high warlord.

Also good luck trying to get 40 people who aren't shit when people are struggling to get 5 people who aren't shit.

12. Post
    Gearing is definitely an issue, just free loot everywhere, which means due to the ease of getting to raid ready, people ask for ridiculous iLvL or Raider.io score to do any content. Saw a normal Uld clear yesterday asking for AOTC.... M+ is a joke since everyone wants you to be overgeared for it. so after the welfare handouts unless you have a guild you're dead in the waters.

Raid content is also... I don't know how to describe it, but Blizzard seems to be dead set on just introducing mechanics for the sake of it. For years they keep on saying bring the player not the class, then on G'huun it's so much easier to bring classes that can solo power matrix orbs. I don't mind complex raid encounters, but after a certain point it just feels ridiculous. Just started Mythic raiding so let's see where that brings us.

Then it takes me to my last pet peeve... Cauldron for raid is a great idea, it's easier to provide one cauldron rather than 30 flasks. The mats for it is mostly easy to obtain except for Expulsom and Hydrocore, both are BoP and come from content that raiders don't do... Now on top of raiding and M+ I need to farm enough blue shit to scrap for Expulsom and doing Mythic (not +) just to get one hydrocore per run so the raid can get a cauldron.

13. Post
    OH Hi Storm Long time!

Yeah hard to get into things for us "casual" folk.

Working fulltime with kids means my raider.io score isn't good enough to get into anything above 8+ and trying to pug some you usually get 1 to 2 people who cant do the mechanics...

It's an old game now with much the same and some poor design choices. Worth a couple of play throughs for each faction.

Raiding Mythic is so frustrating now because of the limited time I have and the attitude where I am over people who cant do the mechanics over and over....that drive to clear shiz is gone. Gear is replaced so easily by just waiting and the treadmill just goes on and on...

No end of BIS satisfaction because its all over the show with RNG ;/

14. Post
    hi Storm

15. Post
    Story time: was doing PvP Island Expeditions (just to, um, see how bad they are). Enemy team used an interesting strategy: they rounded up nearly half the island then brought it over to my team, and feigned/bubbled so aggro got dumped onto us.

I rooted all the trash with them still inside, we quickly killed them, then AOEd down all the trash.

It was one of the fastest IE wins I've had yet.

16. Post
    teelo7 wrote:
    Story time: was doing PvP Island Expeditions (just to, um, see how bad they are). Enemy team used an interesting strategy: they rounded up nearly half the island then brought it over to my team, and feigned/bubbled so aggro got dumped onto us.

I rooted all the trash with them still inside, we quickly killed them, then AOEd down all the trash.

It was one of the fastest IE wins I've had yet.
    thats a good strat.

After saying **** that to rep grinding... and almost a month in... I'm bored of this game. It's just a ****ing grindfest/nightmare.

I'm going to see if I can get a refund.