Page 3 of 3 First 123
Results 51 to 66 of 66

  1. Post
    #51
    Where is this list of qte fpp games that is so large that not only is undeniable but somehow seemingly more prevalent than non-qte fpp games. If its so common that you use it as an the first and foremost reason you must have a substantial list of offending titles.

    Please list them.

  2. Post
    #52
    I was picturing how Cyberpunk would work as a Gears-esque TPS/RPG and it just felt lacking due to gunplay/accuracy and all these abilities.

    Melee though, if available, is always better in TPP IMO, and movement is super nice like in Warframe for acrobatic stuff. The tight hallways sealed the deal though, as it would feel crazy squished in in TPP from just the demo we saw (except the cityscape parts).

    Sucks for those that get sick playing FPP games though, god damn that would make me sad if I physically couldn't play my dream game

  3. Post
    #53
    IST wrote:
    Sucks for those that get sick playing FPP games though, god damn that would make me sad if I physically couldn't play my dream game
    It really sucks, believe me. If it's bad enough I break out into a sweat after 10 minutes and have to have a lie down for 30 to 60 minutes to recuperate. With the magic of PC though, it's rare that options or INI files can't be tweaked to a suitable level. The biggest turn-off for me is always exaggerated head bobbing that can't be adjusted. I think in the last 10 years, the only PC game I could not adjust sufficiently was Shadow Warrior.

    Console isn't an issue for me - it's a field of view and screen proximity thing.

  4. Post
    #54
    I am glad I dont get motion sickness anymore from FPP. For me it was a case of FOV and monitor distance in order to resolve it. I had it recure when I upgraded to an 85 inch TV. needed to adjust the couch distance to compensate.

    I am curious about melee as well. If melee is viable/included being exclusive FPP could be problematic. Relative distance/reach has always been an issue with FPP melee systems.

  5. Post
    #55
    ChrisB wrote:
    Where is this list of qte fpp games that is so large that not only is undeniable but somehow seemingly more prevalent than non-qte fpp games. If its so common that you use it as an the first and foremost reason you must have a substantial list of offending titles.

    Please list them.
    You and EvaUnit02 really do fail at reading comprehension, don't you. I mean... it's entertaining watching people be idiots, but it's also quite astounding.

  6. Post
    #56
    Nerin wrote:
    Y But I've noticed more QTE in First Person games than in Third Person.
    So where are these games that you noticed the QTEs? If you noticed them more, you surely can name the games.

    All I see is someone completely unable to back up a preposterous assertion. That you still have failed to back up anything says a lot doesn't it?
    My reading comprehension is fine.

  7. Post
    #57
    Nerin wrote:
    You and EvaUnit02 really do fail at reading comprehension, don't you. I mean... it's entertaining watching people be idiots, but it's also quite astounding.
    I like how people start resorting to ad hominem once they've realised that they're wrong. Just man up and admit it. You'd have a "great career" as a console fanboy Youtuber like Dealer-gaming, you have their modus operandi down pat.

  8. Post
    #58
    Tell me ChrisB... if I list 5 games, what are the chances you will then counter with "But that's just five games, what about these 20 games that are TPP?"

    To which I'll respond that, actually, I haven't played all 20 of those games so my original statement is still true"

    To which you will respond that you've caught me out otherwise I'd have mentioned more games, or that you've proven your point because you could name more games than me.

    Both of which would be completely untrue. Because the context is the games that I've played. Hence how I've noticed it.

    You're taking my opinion and telling me it is factually wrong... but it isn't. Because the context is that I haven't played all the TPP games out there, and I haven't played all the FPP games out there. I can only claim to NOTICE what I've NOTICED.

    If I have only played 3 FPP games lately, and I've only played 10 TPP games, and the 3 FPP games I've played have all had QTE while 4 of the TPP games have had QTE, that means I'll have noticed 100% of FPP games lately have had QTE while only 40% of the TPP games have had them. That would be my opinion of them. That would be what I have noticed.

    It literally means absolutely nothing that you can then point to 30 FPP games that don't have QTE in them. It doesn't change what I've noticed in any way. It doesn't invalidate what I've noticed at all.

    It doesn't make what I've noticed insane, or a lie. All you are doing, at that point, is whinning that someone on the internet had a different experience than you did and that must mean they are wrong!

    EvaUnit02: Yes, that is interesting isn't it. I wonder when you'll notice that it wasn't me who started the ad hominem attacks...

  9. Post
    #59
    Can you list 5 games?
    Do those 5 games constitute a pattern of QTE's being prominent in FPP games. Because again your initial response was
    Nerin wrote:
    In other words, they want a whole lot of silly QTE which annoy the **** out of me
    and
    I've noticed more QTE in First Person games than in Third Person.
    All I want is for you to back up your statement. It surely cannot be that hard?!
    I think you're talking crap, or most likely were so incensed by the fact the game will be FPP you felt you needed to add a qualifier to defend your outrage. In this case one that makes no sense
    That being said you should be able to prove me wrong pretty easily. I mean it was the primary reason you have and you seemed very pissed about the seemingly foregone conclusion that QTEs would be in there due to it being FPP.

    The truth is that QTE show up in TPP games exponentially more times than in FPP. That is fact, now that does not mean that's been your experience, but so far you've not even named the FPP games with any QTEs as proof of your point.

    So what games are you talking about? The more you avoid answering the more it seems like you're trying to cover up and distract from what you said.
    If it was a mistake, own it and we can all move on. If it was not then please just name the games. And if possible some context so we (I) can understand it.
    Last edited by ChrisB; 16th September 2018 at 12:13 am.

  10. Post
    #60
    ChrisB wrote:
    Can you list 5 games?
    So what games are you talking about? The more you avoid answering the more it seems like you're trying to cover up and distract from what you said.
    If it was a mistake, own it and we can all move on. If it was not then please just name the games. And if possible some context so we (I) can understand it.
    And there we get you admitting what this is about. You want to prove someone wrong on the internet, even over something as subjective as opinion. You want that moment of superiority. It doesn't matter what I actually said. That's why you selectively cut and paste whatever you want, and ignore the context...

    And then you go and say that you want context... the truth is, you don't want it. You just want more ammunition.

    It's almost like you don't see that my posts are already long because I give a lot of context. But that can't be right... you're a frequent complainer about my post length... so the only explanation is that you're just looking for an argument to win.

    If you only wanted to settle things, then you would have accepted my second post where I admitted it was an unfair view and my third post where I admitted it was likely caused by my bias. But that's not what you're after. You're after something you can use to bludgeon again and again until they get upset so you can then bludgeon them some more and claim that they are being the unreasonable one. That's why you're still pushing this. Hoping that your claims of lies and insanity will somehow be justified in the end.

    First Person Perspective games I've played in the last 2 years:
    FarCry 3, 4, 5. (Count them as one game if you have to. I finally got around to cracking the 5th one - while waiting for Spider-man - but played the previous two again to get in the mood first.)
    Dying Light
    Dead Island (Because I was getting my zombie on with Dying Light but one of my friends didn't have it so we co-oped on the island for a while.)

    But after I played FC5, I went back to my staple games, Nethack, Rimworld, They Are Billions, Slay the Spire, etc.

    As you can see, I don't play a lot of FPP games. I tend to stay away from the more twitchy-type ones, which shouldn't be surprising since part of why I hate QTE is that I can't just enjoy a moment I have to constantly be "on" and ready to mash some keys or die. But apparently the ones I do play tend to have QTE. Hence my biased view that it's used a lot in them.

    Now, you can sit there and take my word for it that this is my personal experience and leave it at that.

    Or you can carry on trying to invalidate my opinion and claim once again that I'm insane and lying. Of which YOU have no proof, yet you insist I provide proof for every opinion I have. Which is rather hypocritical.

    Now... what exactly has been accomplished by me naming the games? Not a single thing. You're still not going to be agreeing with me. And that's fine. It's my opinion, not yours. My experience, not yours. But I haven't provided anything that is going to change your mind or let you accept my opinion.

    If you didn't accept it before, what possible difference does naming a few games make? It's not going to change your behavior. If anything, you're likely to continue with your bitter ranting about people who have views and opinions you don't.

    Your calls for "context" are laughable in the face of you constantly cherry-picking statements out of context.

  11. Post
    #61
    Your original point was absurd. End of. When you post absolute rubbish it doesn't matter how long your subsequent posts are.

  12. Post
    #62
    Mikos wrote:
    Your original point was absurd. End of. When you post absolute rubbish it doesn't matter how long your subsequent posts are.
    Pretty much.

    You're objectively wrong Nerin. That's all there is to it.

  13. Post
    #63
    and..... lock thread

  14. Post
    #64
    this thread has served it's purpose - if you can't handle it, then don't buy the game, its that simple

  15. Post
    #65
    SirGrim wrote:
    this thread has served it's purpose - if you can't handle it, then don't buy the game, its that simple
    Thanks Patrick Sutherland

  16. Post
    #66
    SirGrim wrote:
    I love it!
    Sooo good