1. Post

The Wu is coming!! (Dec 2018)

Cant believe there isn't a thread about this already. The greatest hip hop crew in history is coming to Akl & Chch in December!! Just got my VIP tickets Saw them at Raggaz when they came before but hyped to see the full clan at a proper concert.

My fav song of theirs since I feel like posting it:

2. Post
    Got tickets for Chch, haven't seen live hip hop in a long, long time.

3. Post
    Managed to get tickets for the gig at the Sydney Opera House, Excited as fark

4. Post
    I can no longer go to the show in Chch, if anybody is interested in 2 x GA tickets at a discounted price let me know.

5. Post
    Anyone else go to this last night? It was ****en amazing!!!

6. Post
    no one? I thought there were more real hip hop fans in here. must be all mumble rapper fans in here lol

7. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    no one? I thought there were more real hip hop fans in here. must be all mumble rapper fans in here lol
    I went to the Christchurch venue. I'm glad you enjoyed it in Auckland, because it was ****ing shit in CHCH. They performed awesomely and they were very energetic, the crowd wasn't there though, cause the sound was horrible. Lots of distortion in the speakers and way to much bass. Tone death. Unsure if the Wu was aware of it. The speaker system also looked similar to one we had in the school hall at school. **** Horncastle arena. The Wu is certainly the best hip hop group of all time. Also **** mumble rap

8. Post
    Went to the show in AKL and it was hands down one of the best nights of my life! also went to the after party at 1885 and managed to meet/take pics with INS and MastaKilla!! so sick

9. Post
    Damn I'm jealous you met those guys. I actually drove past 1885 but everyone in line was dressed up & I didn't see anyone with Wu shirts on so wasn't sure what was happening. Plus me & my missus were tired & hungry & cbf'd finding parking so just gapped it. Wish I went now

Also gutted I missed out on meeting Ghostface at Burger Fuel earlier that day

At least I got a high five from Meth during the concert and caught a water bottle that RZA threw into the crowd lol.

Concert was amazing though easily the best I've ever been to.
    Last edited by Ins0mn1ac; 18th December 2018 at 12:03 pm.

10. Post
    Not sure why it's not letting me embed it but here's a video of highlights from the concert I put together:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_axwRuR6c&t=0s

11. Post
    Ghostface stole my mates ciggy lighter and he was very nice to me, so I guess he's my favourite.

12. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Honestly there aren't many rap fans on GP so don't be surprised about the lack of interest.

I saw them at Raggamuffin a few years ago. They're my #1 fav group so I was fkn stoked to be there. Next up will be the Eminem concert in Welly.

13. Post
    I had a bereavement in the family and had to travel the day of chch concert, so had to sell ticket.... LAAAAAAAAAAAME