Name:  IMG_20180921_175204.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  220.0 KB

Set up my shiny new print station
    Looks like a sweet printer I been eyeing up one of these myself

3. Post
    SL1CKSTA wrote:
    Looks like a sweet printer I been eyeing up one of these myself
    That looks good, they've done all the mods I wanted to do to my i3 (the one that scared me away from printing). Like separating the filament servo from the head.

My one also has awful levelling screws, the ones on that look super easy to use.

Looks great, seems to have solved all of the issues that plagued my kitset one and gives me ideas on how to implement the required changes to my old one.

Will be good to add that one to my print station one of these days. The IIIP can do 12cm3, the Flashforge can do 14cm3 and the i3 can do a massive 20cm3. There's nothing else really on the market that can do that volume at the price the i3s are.

4. Post
    suntoucher wrote:
    That looks good, they've done all the mods I wanted to do to my i3 (the one that scared me away from printing). Like separating the filament servo from the head.

My one also has awful levelling screws, the ones on that look super easy to use.

Looks great, seems to have solved all of the issues that plagued my kitset one and gives me ideas on how to implement the required changes to my old one.

Will be good to add that one to my print station one of these days. The IIIP can do 12cm3, the Flashforge can do 14cm3 and the i3 can do a massive 20cm3. There's nothing else really on the market that can do that volume at the price the i3s are.
    Yeah I got a geeetech a10 but the bed just would not level as it came warped, attempted to contact geeetech but no response waiting on paypal to decide the outcome then I will probably get one of those wanting to try some better plastics only printed in PLA so far.
    How is that flashforge compared to the IIIP?

5. Post
    SL1CKSTA wrote:
    Yeah I got a geeetech a10 but the bed just would not level as it came warped, attempted to contact geeetech but no response waiting on paypal to decide the outcome then I will probably get one of those wanting to try some better plastics only printed in PLA so far.
    How is that flashforge compared to the IIIP?
    It's interesting, wholly different but not necessarily better or worse.

- The axis are swapped, with the extruder head controling the horizontal axis and the bed moving up and down, interesting, not yet sure which is better but the prints are a little harder to see whilst printing
    - It's huge in comparison, but only adds 2cm on each axis for the build.
    - No heated bed, so PLA only.
    - It starts with a wider outline which is what Slicr also does. Meant that the print started well when it didn't build a platform. Always have to build a platform with the IIIP and Cura because it doesn't usually start the outline properly so the platform absorbs that.
    - Has a preapplied pad on the bed with excellent adhesion, I use gluestick on the IIIP.
    - Bed can be pulled out, which is convenient for getting builds off
    - Has a level checking function with a little pressure sensor on a stick, works well and you just follow the instructions to get a level bed.
    - I haven't yet tried it, but it has a built in webcam and WiFi so I should in theory be able to check the print wherever, and hopefully point it so it can see the IIIP as well.
    - The screen gives a preview of the prints, which is great, if I have many jobs on a USB stick I can see that being super helpful.
    - The print quality wasn't as good for the test print, although I've trial and errored with the IIIP to get good prints which significantly slowed it. So likely the print quality is just as good and that's on me.
    - Can stop the prints remotely which is pretty cool (if I'm at work and see it has failed on the webcam).
    - Came with a 16GB Sandisk USB stick with a bunch of preloaded prints and the manual, which is a great little detail. I didn't have to mess around to do my first test print.
    - Supports many file types, including 3MF which default comes out of 3D Builder on W10. And has a USB port instead of microSD. Have to adapt to full SD then adapt to USB to plug it into my desktop. Although it also has built in storage and WiFi so I'm pretty sure I can remotely send print jobs which will be incredible if I can. Won't even need the USB.

Overall I'm very happy with it, I think it will complement the IIIP perfectly, rather than replace it.

6. Post
    Cool, I can send print jobs remotely!