Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    A neglected 3S-GE is about the ugliest head you will ever see with the covers off.
    They seem to have an amazing ability to create black/ brown goo if not looked after.

2. Post
    i see your 3e-ge and raise you an sr18/20

3. Post
    Coolant is meant to last 3 years, I'm always surprised that people can neglect the cooling system so badly.

I guess someone needed to unload their car they spent $0 maintaining and you were unfortunate enough to buy it

4. Post
    Pandaemonaeon wrote:
    A neglected 3S-GE is about the ugliest head you will ever see with the covers off.
    They seem to have an amazing ability to create black/ brown goo if not looked after.
    I have a 3SGE which I removed the piston from the bore using a hammer and bent my engine stand in the process.

5. Post
    Pandaemonaeon wrote:
    The only thing I've seen worse is a Honda motor such as a B18b.

6. Post

Sirgrimm V2 over here

7. Post
    St4lk3r wrote:

Sirgrimm V2 over here
    IIRC he owns an Altezza, so obviously took it as a personal attack.

8. Post
    Triple_S wrote:
    IIRC he owns an Altezza, so obviously took it as a personal attack.
    Ohhhhhhh of course

9. Post
    Nope.

10. Post
    Now that I own a Toyota can I say that Toyota fanboys r weird?

11. Post
    He does own (or at least did) own a white Altezza (probably thinks its a "Lexus" or something), so who knows whats up.

All brands have weird fanboys. Even old British cars, but most of them are dying off.

12. Post
    The car stop leaking. I tried driving near my place for 30 mins, no jerking no weird sound no smell from the engine.
    checked oil not milky, no white smoke....

I'm not sure if it's my head gasket blown in the first place. That was what the AA mechanic "thinks"

What else do you guys think I should do to check what's going on?

13. Post
    Ysc5 wrote:
    The car stop leaking. I tried driving near my place for 30 mins, no jerking no weird sound no smell from the engine.
    checked oil not milky, no white smoke....

I'm not sure if it's my head gasket blown in the first place. That was what the AA mechanic "thinks"

What else do you guys think I should do to check what's going on?
    My first impression would have been broken radiator hose i f it's leaking straight out. Starting the car a dozen times with no coolant is not going to have done you any favors though.

14. Post
    Take it to a real mechanic.

15. Post
    Have bubbles coming out of radiator when engine running.
    still a blown head gasket. Ha

16. Post
    Good lesson to learn

17. Post
    buzzinowt wrote:
    My first impression would have been broken radiator hose i f it's leaking straight out. Starting the car a dozen times with no coolant is not going to have done you any favors though.
    Ysc5 wrote:
    Have bubbles coming out of radiator when engine running.
    still a blown head gasket. Ha
    Maybe you put enough of that crap in to stop the leak to the ground. But its still leaking somewhere from the head if there's bubbles in your radiator. Just keep driving it until it seizes and buy a new car. But next time, learn to check your coolant.