Page 1 of 3 123 Last

1. Post

The Verge: How not to build a PC

I cant tell if this is real or the guy was setup.

https://youtu.be/jciJ39djxC4

2. Post
    Both. So much cringe.

3. Post
    Uh wot lol.

4. Post
    still better than a PB tech build tbh

5. Post

6. Post
    I saw that video, was hilarious. Guy had no idea. Ram in single channel mode. Put screws through the radiator. No cable management to speak of. Put the PSU upside down with the fan blowing hot air directly onto the system. Put thermal paste on top of already applied thermal paste. I assumed it was a satire but it's not.

7. Post
    Man, that was a good watch! reaction vids were fantastic. "LYLE" from bitwit was worth a watch.

8. Post
    Love the thermal paste overload. Cable management from hell

9. Post
    "Minor factual errors"

Nice.

10. Post
    rofl. Harassment.. HAHAHAHAHA. Apparently one of the comments which met their racist commentary level was "Why are you putting white thermal paste ONTOP of the thermal paste which is clearly white ontop of the CPU "

i suppose for someone not paying for their computer a $2000 cost can be considered "minor factual "errors lol.

11. Post
    The best part was the thermal paste. Looked like a craft project from a 5yo.

12. Post
    As a Computer Tech I don't think I could make it through the full video, judging by this much shorter comedic reaction to it that popped up in my YT feed yesterday. If you want the TLDW version:
    Last edited by HELL KNIGHT; 19th September 2018 at 3:03 am.

13. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    As a Computer Tech I don't think I could make it through the full video, judging by this much shorter comedic reaction to it that popped up in my YT feed yesterday. If you want the TLDW version:
    I couldn't make it thought the whole video the amount of cringe was unbearable lol

14. Post
    that reaction thumbnail is just as cringey

15. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    I feel like I would enjoy this a lot more without the equally as cringy piss take accent

16. Post
    Yeah, I agree, I got used to it after a couple of mins, but would have better without it. I don't know why that version popped up in my feed and not the original.

17. Post
    Because the original has been taken down?

18. Post
    Tbh if it wasn't from the verge I'd have picked it for a trolling vid.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

19. Post
    Oh dear...

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/co...s_verge_video/

"some nerds were really angry with the way I built the PC"

20. Post
    According to a comment on there he is also computer science major?? Did he get it just for showing up to class...

He's probably going to get fired now, so the The Verge can save some face.

21. Post
    nah he wont, verge is very much into sjw and diversity.

22. Post
    It's not like cs majors get taught how to build a pc lmao

How anyone checked off on this video is beyond me

23. Post
    Lethargic wrote:
    It's not like cs majors get taught how to build a pc lmao

How anyone checked off on this video is beyond me
    My point being he should have known better, rather than being some noob tech hipster.

24. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    My point being he should have known better, rather than being some noob tech hipster.
    Apparently he games on a Pre-Build i saw somewhere on Reddit

25. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    According to a comment on there he is also computer science major?? Did he get it just for showing up to class...

He's probably going to get fired now, so the The Verge can save some face.
    You'd be surprised how many CS/SENG majors have no clue on hardware or how to configure it, let alone put the lego together.