1. Post

Halo: Infinite PC details (Microtransactions, Anti-Cheat Measures)

Ant-Cheat is nice but can we not do microtransactions? ugh.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ha...rce=reddit.com

A job ad for an Online Experience Design Director reveals, unsurprisingly, that Halo Infinite is being designed with longevity in mind. The successful candidate will oversee a number of games-as-a-service elements. According to the job post, this includes player progression inside and outside of the game, "social and engagement features that encourage players to return again and again with their friends," and of course, microtransactions.

As for the implementation of microtransactions, this is expected as well. Microtransactions in Halo 5 proved to be lucrative, so it's no surprise that 343 is bringing them back in Halo Infinite.

A successful candidate for the Online Experience Design Director job will "design and deliver a AAA social experience that fosters community," while also delivering a "AAA player investment experience" that encourages players to "express their passion" for Halo through things like microtransactions. ("Express their passion" sounds a lot like cosmetic items like skins and gear, but this isn't confirmed). The successful applicant will also "design and deliver a AAA progression and engagement experience that ties into game features."

Another open job at at 343 Industries reveals that the PC edition of Halo Infinite will feature anti-cheat measures, which is good news. 343 is looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer to work on "PC client anti-cheat and security features for Halo Infinite."

The successful candidate will work on a team that devises anti-cheat plans on PC for Halo Infinite, including examining anti-cheat software from third-party companies. The employee will also work with Halo Infinite's networking teams on "end-to-end anti-cheat and security plans."

2. Post
    I put in 100 odd hours into Halo 5's MP, it was best in show (even over Halo 2 IMO), so I'm pretty confident 343 will drop a good Halo MP experience here.

I may express my passion even if it's good enough

3. Post
    Halo 5 had micro transactions?

4. Post
    zippy wrote:
    Halo 5 had micro transactions?
    Yes and they were the worst kinds too:- pay 2 win AND lootboxes.

5. Post
    I just want the Master Chef collection so I can play through all the campaigns again

6. Post
    w0lfbrains wrote:
    I just want the Master Chef collection so I can play through all the campaigns again
    Game Pass

7. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Yes and they were the worst kinds too:- pay 2 win AND lootboxes.
    Halo 5s loot boxes were shit, 100% pay to win

8. Post
    Weren't they just random game cards? I found it to be quite an annoying Multiplayer game for the short stint I played. I hope the single player won't be another co-op game like Halo 5 was.

9. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    Weren't they just random game cards? I found it to be quite an annoying Multiplayer game for the short stint I played. I hope the single player won't be another co-op game like Halo 5 was.
    They were random, yes - hence calling them lootboxes because they're literally gambling. They weren't just cards, you spend them to get in-game advantages like weapon and vehicle drops - so pay 2 win.

10. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    They were random, yes - hence calling them lootboxes because they're literally gambling. They weren't just cards, you spend them to get in-game advantages like weapon and vehicle drops - so pay 2 win.
    They were cards for one game mode (Warzone) to unlock different weapons and vehicles, otherwise it was just skin unlocks for the normal MP.

11. Post
    Are you on Microsoft's payroll? Don't defend scummy behaviour by these companies.

12. Post
    haha just admit you were wrong and move on

13. Post
    Pay 2 win lootboxes for Warzone, I wasn't wrong in the slightest. Is your ass sore from all of that MS dick that you're taking?

14. Post
    unless you want to pick apart my steam library, I haven't given M$ any money in about 5 years

15. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Are you on Microsoft's payroll? Don't defend scummy behaviour by these companies.
    Hey - dont let facts get in the way of a good Eva rant!

16. Post
    Pennywiser NZ wrote:
    Hey - dont let facts get in the way of a good Eva rant!
    Your posting history makes it obvious that you're a MS fanboy. Halo 5 has Pay 2 win lootboxes in Warzone mode. No amount of damage controlling and lies by corporate slaves will change this fact.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 25th September 2018 at 8:29 am.

17. Post
    cant believe people are actually defending loot boxes and microtransactions here. wtf.

18. Post
    This is the problem with halo 5's boxes

If I want to play a game with a rocket launcher and I don't have one, I can spend money on a loot box to get one - there is no way to unlock the weapon, you can only use if you happen to have a single use item from a loot box