Page 7 of 7 First ... 4567

1. Post
    ^ It is kinda funny. But I guess you're getting a fully modded console with a ton of storage space for a total that is still way less than the price it released at.

That's a great Amazon deal, but What is needing/wanting something quickly, hence the suggestion for something local.

2. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    That's a great Amazon deal, but What is needing/wanting something quickly, hence the suggestion for something local.
    I know but there are so many fakes floating around that I just don't trust anyone but established retail stores. At least Amazon delivery is fairly quick.

3. Post
    Whats the usual time from Amazon. I've never ordered from them

4. Post
    A week or two for small things like SD cards

5. Post
    My last Amazon order took 4 days on the cheapest shipping YMMV
    Last edited by brand; 21st June 2019 at 2:14 pm.

6. Post
    Depends on what option you choose for shipping. The cheapest can take roughly 1 to 2 weeks while the next one up is even faster.

7. Post
    brand wrote:
    I know but there are so many fakes floating around that I just don't trust anyone but established retail stores. At least Amazon delivery is fairly quick.
    I don't use Amazon but Trade Me, Ebay and Paypal all offer Buyer Protection programs that cover you if the item you purchase turns out to be a fake. I bought a few Samsung branded micro SD cards off Ebay last year that turned out to be 8GB cards spoofed to look 128GB, sent screen shots of the FakeFlashTest results along with my refund claim and received the refund within a couple of days, obviously you'll never get your time back when you buy a faulty/fake product but at least you won't be left out of pocket, makes it worth taking a punt.

8. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    A week or two for small things like SD cards
    brand wrote:
    My last Amazon order took 4 days on the cheapest shipping YMMV
    That's definitely quicker than i thought! Will keep them in mind as an option for the future.

9. Post
    GiantMartianTripod wrote:
    I don't use Amazon but Trade Me, Ebay and Paypal all offer Buyer Protection programs that cover you if the item you purchase turns out to be a fake. I bought a few Samsung branded micro SD cards off Ebay last year that turned out to be 8GB cards spoofed to look 128GB, sent screen shots of the FakeFlashTest results along with my refund claim and received the refund within a couple of days, obviously you'll never get your time back when you buy a faulty/fake product but at least you won't be left out of pocket, makes it worth taking a punt.
    It isn't just spoofed capacity though -sometimes it is just a dirt cheap generic card with a fake logo on it. The only difference is painfully slow transfer speeds which is a much more difficult thing to get a refund on...

10. Post
    Ebay would still refund you in that situation, I repair cellphones and I've never had a refund claim turned down by Ebay for dodgy/faulty parts even though most of the time the only evidence I had to back up my claim was my word. I think Trade Me requires you to send the goods back to them so they can assess them before refund so I'm sure that if you can tell it's a fake or not working as intended then they'll be able to as well. PayPal are the same as Ebay, you just message them about the refund.

Pretty much the only thing that would discourage me from buying from an international or even a local online seller would be if they didn't accept PayPal or if they were on Trade Me not using Ping/Pay Now. There's just zero downside to buying from these retailers, you can save yourself a lot of money and the only risk if things go wrong is you'll end up wasting a few minutes of your life filling in a claim and ordering a replacement product from somewhere else.

11. Post
    Have just ordered a carry case for my classic, have also started replacing the internal games with ones I actually want to play so I don't need to use the USB flash pen and tomorrow I'll be cracking it open and doing the current limiter removal/bypass for the front USB ports

12. Post
    ^ Wow, nek level stuff! I'm impressed. I think I'll just stick to using mine with the OTG adapter, stubby flash drive and USB hub. I know I'll balls it up if I crack it open (rage-smashed a Nintendo DS back in the day when trying to replace one of the screens and ballsed it up).

Patience isn't a strong point of mine. Getting better, but when I lose my rag, I proper snap, lol.

I do actually still have an OG PSX carry case that have adapted for mine. It's quite cool really, fits everything I need nicely.

13. Post
    They're also still on sale (when I checked yesterday) on amazon so I may pick up a spare and when I'm done loading games on take a backup etc

14. Post
    With the new release of the raspberry pi 4, I think i'd just go that route now.

15. Post
    Stasis wrote:
    With the new release of the raspberry pi 4, I think i'd just go that route now.
    You could still buy the Classic for the shell and controllers...

16. Post
    brand wrote:
    You could still buy the Classic for the shell and controllers...
    The shell would be the main reason i'd grab one, then swap the hardware. I'd personally probably sell the controllers and use dual-shock controllers (I have 5 or 6 ps1 DS controllers around)