Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    I can see why it exists its for the core fans. its not a replacement for BC. The better and cheaper option is to get a second hand ps1.
    An old ps1 is of course an entirely brilliant idea. If you haven't kept your original however, then you run the gauntlet of finding a working in good order, and the same with games. It certainly won't be less than $169 either.

2. Post
    auser wrote:
    An old ps1 is of course an entirely brilliant idea. If you haven't kept your original however, then you run the gauntlet of finding a working in good order, and the same with games. It certainly won't be less than $169 either.
    Are they that much now? I paid much less for a second hand PS2, and that'll play PS1 games.

3. Post
    I've seen second hand PS1's for about $10, so definitely nowhere near $169.

4. Post
    Backwards compatability on the ps4 would be the better idea, I am probably not the only person who has a large pile of ps1 games sitting in the wardrobe, I don't need to buy them again, I already have them, just can't play them on the ps3 or ps4

5. Post
    w0lfbrains wrote:
    20 good games though, and not Madden 98//Munch's Oddysee/Halo
    Why are you mentioning halo on a PlayStation related page? That's an Xbox game

6. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    I've seen second hand PS1's for about $10, so definitely nowhere near $169.
    A quick search on auction site suggests PS1's go for around $70-$80 with all the cables and in full working condition. Usually with 1-2 games. So significantly greater cost than $10, and you still have the problem of a 20 year old device to contend with. My opinion, it's not too badly priced. I would have preferred dualshocks, as well as the ability to load/purchase additional games.

- - - Updated - - -

robmacd1 wrote:
    Backwards compatability on the ps4 would be the better idea, I am probably not the only person who has a large pile of ps1 games sitting in the wardrobe, I don't need to buy them again, I already have them, just can't play them on the ps3 or ps4
    ^^ Concur. Or the ability to download from PS store (I don't have any of my original games anymore :-( )

7. Post
    auser wrote:
    A quick search on auction site suggests PS1's go for around $70-$80 with all the cables and in full working condition. Usually with 1-2 games. So significantly greater cost than $10, and you still have the problem of a 20 year old device to contend with. My opinion, it's not too badly priced. I would have preferred dualshocks, as well as the ability to load/purchase additional games.

- - - Updated - - -

^^ Concur. Or the ability to download from PS store (I don't have any of my original games anymore :-( )
    Not on Trademe, but in op shops

8. Post
    of course the classic consoles bring nice modern conveniences of scaled digital output over HDMI, no need for disc swapping (or issues with 20yo scratched up discs!), no regional compatibility issues, and built in save state support. Of course if they're as moddable as the Nintendo ones, it'll also hopefully be fairly easy to add rips of games you own to the system as well.

9. Post
    Is this being made by the same company as the ninty ones?

10. Post
    robmacd1 wrote:
    Why are you mentioning halo on a PlayStation related page? That's an Xbox game
    Because I had a brain fart.