1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    first

3. Post
    whats the score?

4. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    whats the score?
    Here

5. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    Wow, you think I'd ask if I could open the page

6. Post
    6? ouch haha. I loved it. It's a little samey and the story isn't perfect, but it's a game, why people expect 'the wire' levels of writing amuses me.

7. Post
    I felt the story took more of a backwards step compared to say Rise but I think it got the combat just right apart from a few niggles for when they get too close to you.

8. Post
    one_red_god wrote:
    6? ouch haha. I loved it. It's a little samey and the story isn't perfect, but it's a game, why people expect 'the wire' levels of writing amuses me.
    No one is expecting "the wire", then again why should people expect less than excellent writing in a narrative game? Are there different standards of quality expected depending on the medium now?
    The "it's a game" comment is rather backwards don't you think? It could be argued that in many ways the quality of writing in many games is the benchmark for entertainment writing in general.

Expecting a good story well told is not even remotely unreasonable.

9. Post
    Story is meh. Game feels soulless, gameplay gets old after awhile. Stealth missions are just lol.

But it looks nice.

10. Post
    I'm actually really enjoying it myself (but I'm still pretty early in) alot more enjoyable then Spiderman and Dragon Quest XI which I also got recently.

11. Post
    Bloodline wrote:
    Story is meh. Game feels soulless, gameplay gets old after awhile. Stealth missions are just lol.

But it looks nice.
    To clarify, the environments looks nice, characters and skin looks like ass

12. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    No one is expecting "the wire", then again why should people expect less than excellent writing in a narrative game? Are there different standards of quality expected depending on the medium now?
    The "it's a game" comment is rather backwards don't you think? It could be argued that in many ways the quality of writing in many games is the benchmark for entertainment writing in general.

Expecting a good story well told is not even remotely unreasonable.
    No, I don't think that, hence my statement, obviously.

13. Post
    one_red_god wrote:
    No, I don't think that, hence my statement, obviously.
    That's ok. Being wrong is everyone's right.
    Thankfully the vast majority do expect their games writing to be of great quality, and for the most part developers deliver.

14. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    That's ok. Being wrong is everyone's right.
    Thankfully the vast majority do expect their games writing to be of great quality, and for the most part developers deliver.
    i'm not wrong, it's entirely subjective

i played the game, i had fun, not sure why you'd let that upset you.

15. Post
    Well, from reading the review, I deduce that the first two games had really good writing and character development so it's not wrong to expect similar standards in the final game.

16. Post
    one_red_god wrote:
    i'm not wrong, it's entirely subjective

i played the game, i had fun, not sure why you'd let that upset you.
    It was a (admittedly weak) joke.

17. Post
    It would have been alright but the amount of times they force you through a wall/crack/small space and had a mini cinematic made me want to quit and walk away everytime.

18. Post
    Enjoying it so far. Nice change after spider man