1. Post
    DOGZILLA wrote:
    Well you know you've got a keeper when your Mrs gets you the new Warriors jersey and season passes for you both for Christmas
    Yo that’s tight! Was hoping for a new season jersey but will have to be Santa for myself. My brother in law (massive warriors/sj fan) got the New Jersey... & a Cronulla scarf

2. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    I will be ****ing gutted if he carves up and we miss the play offs next year due to having some under developed gimp at 7.

I watched CHT for all of 15 minutes on ISP once and he must be at most 70kgs dripping wet. He has a slight frame, he looked like a below average ISP half and towards the back end of the season people said he needed another ISP season, but wait all of a sudden we are bigging him up.

When SJ played the Warriors had a better winning record than when he did not play. Next year could be a real shit fest if CHT and Perham are our guys.

I feel like the warriors assessed the marketplace and they knew no one else would offer SJ a bean due to cap space, but that **** Val Holmes was the wild card that ruined Brian Smith's plan to Issac Luke him (I know you feel the circumstances were different doggzilla, but the concept is the same, ask the guy to shop himself around and then sign him at a good rate

SJ is the premier test match half back in the world, he was unfairly blamed for the loss against the Panthers despite the fact he staked us to a 12 to zero lead early doors. He did show up. Our forwards just couldn't get enough metres.

Yes if we get Taupau then I might stop being so surly about the turn of events. Right now though we aren't being offered anyone good.
    You might have some flash peice of paper that says your smart but you seem to lack basic common sense and lack understanding of how rugby league works..

Warriors won more games when SJ played.. what you need to understand here is that rugby league isn't off the cuff.. NRL level it's all structured to fit your team and players different strategies depending on the players you have. Now obviously if you have a $1m halfback your game plans are generally gonna revolve around him.. so it's not surprising that when this player is not playing they wouldnt win as much because a crucial part of the gameplan is not there.

As apposed to starting a fresh year without said player

3. Post
    gar1kz wrote:
    You might have some flash peice of paper that says your smart but you seem to lack basic common sense and lack understanding of how rugby league works..
    That may be correct, and I don't dispute it, but the wording's a bit rough considering I posted that two weeks ago and havn't pressed the point since and secondly since it is Christmas. Good will to all mankind etc etc.

I quite like your point though that all our structures in the past have been around SJ and if we start the season without him we will fair better. My uneducated hunch is that we will still fair worse without him as he had a hand in so many of our tries. In the NRL my understanding is that they give a try assist to the last guy to pass the ball to the try scorer. In the NHL they use the last two guys, and had the NRL used the same system then SJ would have a very large number of try assists that would highlight his contribution to offfence even more. I don't know how easy it will be to create the new structures you mention to compensate for his loss but for the warriors sake let's hope you have a strong point.

4. Post
    Biohazard wrote:
    Yo that’s tight! Was hoping for a new season jersey but will have to be Santa for myself. My brother in law (massive warriors/sj fan) got the New Jersey... & a Cronulla scarf
    It's $119 at Rebel atm

http://www.rebelsport.co.nz/Product/...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

5. Post
    Name:  round1-warriors_20181200.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  106.4 KB

6. Post
    Isn't issac Luke out till April?

7. Post
    Yea just think its NRL.com preferred team

8. Post
    Ah Mau to Start, Bunty off the Bench and Lisone back to NPC with Satae to replace him

Ideally swap Jazz for Roach, but we know that won't happen

9. Post
    Wait what?

Jazz Tevaga? as in sub of the year in the NRL Jazz Tevaga, aka the guy that hardly played anytime as hooker in 2018 Jazz Tevaga? replaced with a out and out hooker? Nah fam. Roache has a good chance at starting first few rounds if Luke is injured but then again the kid has been sidelined, what? nearly two years? He's going need some rebuilding. Jazz has proven he deserves a spot and I can't see Blair playing full eighty this year.

I don't think LIsone will be in the team come mid year, he will do a Vete and end up elsewhere and/or suspended.

10. Post
    Lebrown is retiring. Happy trails to him.

11. Post
    Someone text talkback last night saying the Warriors had just signed Todd Carney? Sounds like fake news?

12. Post
    Indigo1 wrote:
    Someone text talkback last night saying the Warriors had just signed Todd Carney? Sounds like fake news?
    Very

Warriors have said they are officially promoting from within.

13. Post
    From Ali's rumours
    (I went to his site and asked him about the Carney rumour and he came back with this a few hours later)

"NRL return for bad boy Todd Carney?

Some talk going around that the Parramatta Eels, Manly Sea Eagles and the New Zealand Warriors are all interested in signing former NRL player Todd Carney on a multi year contract."

14. Post

15. Post
    I don't see us signing him after reading his rap sheet on wiki

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Todd_Carney

16. Post
    Didn't the NRL not approve his contract with the Cowboys last season?

Can't see that changing because the NRL are stubborn as ****.

17. Post
    Soui wrote:
    Didn't the NRL not approve his contract with the Cowboys last season?

Can't see that changing because the NRL are stubborn as ****.
    Here's what wiki says

North Queensland Cowboys (201
    On 12 April 2018, Carney was “reportedly” training with the North Queensland Cowboys, although not yet cleared to play by the NRL.

However by 2 May 2018, Carney had left the Cowboys to return to Sydney due to family reasons

18. Post
    Warriors will get linked to any name half that is "available".

19. Post
    DOGZILLA wrote:
    Warriors will get linked to any name half that is "available".
    Managers are the ones that leak that info, to get it out into the media so other clubs think multiple clubs are interested, exactly the same when bargaining a new contract. Remember when Matt Gillett was 'linked' to the Warriors?

20. Post
    Rebound wrote:
    Managers are the ones that leak that info, to get it out into the media so other clubs think multiple clubs are interested, exactly the same when bargaining a new contract. Remember when Matt Gillett was 'linked' to the Warriors?
    Or basically any Kiwi lol.

Matai to the Warriors