1. Post

Pathfinder: Kingmaker - anyone played it?

Released today.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/6...der_Kingmaker/

From what I can see, looks somewhat similar to Pillars of Eternity. Looks good but no real reviews on it yet.

2. Post
    It just released today, and is not a high profile title.

I have high hopes, and gave it quick look. I like the aesthetics and very familiar game systems. Its a very pretty looking isometric RPG imo. I backed it on Kickstarter.

22GB install size for anyone interested.

3. Post
    I had a quick look at the character creation on youtube....looks detailed as hell. Very old school. (in a good way)

4. Post
    I bought it, so will post my thoughts on it in a few days.

5. Post
    Installing mine now.... Will give feedback!

6. Post
    Participating in Pathfinder and running Starfinder weekly with some mates so this is very relevant to my interests.

This is based on one of the adventure paths that Paizo released so should be good as they write great stories.

7. Post
    Initial impressions after a couple of hours

Reasonably solid graphics, but not very interactive maps (spoilt by original sin i think)
    Excellent character customization skillwise but sadly lacking in portraits/epic beards
    Clunky combat (feels slow and stiff)
    Good voice acting
    Good music
    Heavy on the lore
    Bit early to comment on the dialogue but seems solid enough. Skill checks feature heavily

8. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    I backed it on Kickstarter.
    Hahaha!

9. Post
    mintyOnion wrote:
    Hahaha!
    Again, don't comment in shit you don't understand. I support my friends, and projects I want to see completed.

What's your problem? I am sure its insightful and well reasoned.

10. Post
    I extensively Beta tested this. I reported in excess of 80 bugs and sadly the vast majority are still not fixed. The bones of the game are great, if they can fix some of the bugs and they manage to deliver on some of their DLC plans it could be a masterpiece. A lot of the bugs are feat related and mechanics issues so you can still enjoy the game if you aren't too worried about what is happening in the combat log and on your character sheet i.e. BaB's not displaying correctly.

Highly recommend purchasing the game, but I would hold back a full playthrough to give them some time to work out the kinks.

Edit: one of the more serious bugs that remains is related to quick saving and loading multiple times. Stick to loading from the menu and you will be fine.

11. Post
    Enjoying the game, good story and art but just wish the companion AI was more than just auto attack so i dont have to micro manage so much

12. Post
    I've shelved it due to some pretty heinous bugs. Will revisit after a patch or three.

13. Post
    So....revisited and definitely worth a play now for those that like old school crpgs.

14. Post
    Good to hear, had been holding off as well so will pick it up once done with AC:Odyssey.