SkyTV at it again

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
(2 votes)

1. Post
    Chunky wrote:
    It gets worse, when it lauches TV app will be exclusive to Samsung for a limited time(open to all by the time RWC is here)
    TV app exclusivity is stupid and should be outlawed

2. Post
    Colinnola wrote:
    For all the flaws of Sky tv, I'm starting to wish they still had the rights to F1. It starts next month and Spark still don't have a service ready.
    Yeah wtf is going on here...

3. Post
    Chunky wrote:
    It gets worse, when it lauches TV app will be exclusive to Samsung for a limited time(open to all by the time RWC is here)
    lol that's really stupid

Doesn't affect me since my TVs are all Samsung, but it's still really stupid

4. Post
    3 companies that make me think NZ is 3rd world country.

Sky / Trademe / Bodycorp

5. Post

6. Post
    So still have to wait till April for RWC pricing and no 4k streaming at launch.

7. Post
    No 4k streaming hurts

8. Post
    NZ Herald wrote:
    After enjoying a string of price reductions over the last year, Sky subscribers are set for a price hike on April 1.

The price rise was announced this morning. It turned out to be a case of particularly bad timing for the pay TV broadcaster as the insurgent Spark revealed the low-cost pricing for its new Spark Sport app at the same time.

Fellet said subscribers should expect an increase of an average of 1.9 per cent, which he noted was well below the consumer price index over the last three years.

The Sky Starter pack would be going up from $24.91 to $25.99, Sky Entertainment from $25 to $25.50 and Sky Sport from $29.90 to $31.99.

"It was a tough decision and one that we hated to do, but at the end of the day if we want to keep the content that subscribers want, I'm hoping that they'll understand the impact and see the benefit," said Fellet.

The average Sky consumers spends on average $75.82 on the service per month. This figure does, however, increase to $84.23 when limited to satellite-only users.

On the flip side, Sky also announced that it would be canning its HD fee, instead allowing all users to access its HD channels. This would see some customers get a discount of $9.99 from their monthly subscription.

"There will be certain people out there who don't even know that they have the option of HD, so they'll see a dramatic increase in quality," said Fellet.
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12205591

Way too little too late son.

9. Post
    "There's a single, glaring exception: the 2019 Rugby World Cup, which will be priced separately"
    Well that sucks. I guess im not signing up then.

Why dont they just have it as part of lightbox?

10. Post
    Markuchi wrote:
    "There's a single, glaring exception: the 2019 Rugby World Cup, which will be priced separately"
    Well that sucks. I guess im not signing up then.
    The reason for the RWC decision is simple. If they were to embed the costs of the RWC into the subscription price they'd need to up that price and add term to it (similar to how Sky does with Fanpass, e.g. 6 months @ ~$60). This could turn off users who would only sign up for that product.

By having it as a separate package it means they don't need to add term and increase the base product for a one off event, considering most of their products are season long.

11. Post
    I don't mind not having the Rugby World cup included, I wouldn't watch it, so I don't wanna pay for it. I wonder if spark will do a more modular thing, or will that end up too confusing and too much like sky?

12. Post
    I don't really trust spark to do it well, lightbox is still a janky mess using legacy tech

13. Post
    Get NRL and RL internationals and I'm sold. I could live without Rugby.

14. Post
    Android tv app for Kayo is available

works great on my MiBox.

https://mega.nz/#!bjojBY7Z!DYCZxPqrZ...NLHdC_JCrYmbVk

15. Post
    DarkCypher wrote:
    Android tv app for Kayo is available

works great on my MiBox.

https://mega.nz/#!bjojBY7Z!DYCZxPqrZ...NLHdC_JCrYmbVk
    Which VPN are you using for Kayo? Looks like a solution to all my problems!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

16. Post
    You still need the use of an Aussie mobile number to get through the initial setup, in addition to a VPN to use their service.

17. Post
    For desktop or mobile I was using Private Internet Access, but with the Android TV app I can watch using getflix just fine.
    Last edited by DarkCypher; 10th March 2019 at 1:18 pm.

18. Post
    So it appears that Spark have made a balls up of their launch which means it won't be fully ready for the F1 this weekend.
    Practice and qualifying will be live on TVNZ on Demand (Which I assume means I won't be able to watch it when I get home from work?), and the race itself will be on Duke.
    The big questions is, how do I get Duke in HD, as I'm pretty sure it's not HD through Sky?

19. Post
    Pandaemonaeon wrote:
    The big questions is, how do I get Duke in HD, as I'm pretty sure it's not HD through Sky?
    You don't have Freeview?

20. Post
    Can't you watch Duke online as well?

21. Post
    It's HD on Freeview

22. Post
    griefmaker wrote:
    You don't have Freeview?
    I honestly don't know if my UHF aerial even works any more.
    I have watched everything through my Sky decoder for +10 years now.

23. Post
    brand wrote:
    Can't you watch Duke online as well?
    yes I do through the tvnz app on my ps4.

24. Post
    I've been using Kayo for two days no and wow! Highly recommended for any sports head looking for other options. The quality appears great, can catch up on games you've missed.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

25. Post

SkyTV at it again

Not quite the right thread, but thereís other posts here talking about it. So imma gunna post anyway.

Spark Sport iOS app is now available.

Itís just the app, with login fields and three placeholder pages. Currently thereís no where to create an account.