jords wrote:
    HD is free now right?
    right after they put the price up.

2. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    Netflix raised prices but i didnt see them make HD free

3. Post
    Are you saying all of sky is 4k now? Because standard Netflix is already HD. You pay more for UHD.

What resolution is Sky HD? Haven't seen Sky for years, but it made my eyes bleed when I last did. At the same point at which I had 1080P Netflix. Even Freeview looked miles better.

4. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    For those who were already paying HD ticket, the end result is still cheaper than it was before the changes.

5. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    Are you saying all of sky is 4k now? Because standard Netflix is already HD. You pay more for UHD.

What resolution is Sky HD? Haven't seen Sky for years, but it made my eyes bleed when I last did. At the same point at which I had 1080P Netflix. Even Freeview looked miles better.
    None of Sky is 4k.

Most Sky channels aren't even HD with HD ticket. Only movies/sport/SoHo so if you were comparing freeview HD to a Sky channel that wasn't one of those, then yes it will look miles better.

Supposedly they're going to be increasing the number of channels that are HD though. Hopefully HD Nat Geo.

Black Plague*** wrote:
    Saw this deal on Geekzone, not sure how legit it is

12 Months Sky Starter/Entertainment (min 6 months)
    Sports
    My Sky
    Hd (included anyway)
    12 months Soho (For GOT)

$48.99

If you cancel if going through him after your finished its only 60 day stand down from initiating cancellation rather than 90 days

This is prob the best deal iv recieved and he is a very pleasant chap to deal with highly recommend.. i was getting sick of using Kayo + VPN which costs nearly the same anyway. Probably $10 difference

His details are below (hes been with Sky for 25 years)

Andy Purcell
    027 - 473 - 3325
    0800 759 489 (0800 SkyGuy)
    The deals they post on there are legit. I've paid somewhere between 40-60 bucks for the last decade or so.

6. Post
    Fragluton wrote:

standard Netflix is not HD you have to pay, i think $5 ,more a month if you want HD and nearly $10 a month for 4k

7. Post
    Basic Netflix is SD and is $11.49 and limited to one device, Standard is 2 devices and HD it is $14.99 and Premium is 4 devices with HD and UHD for$18.49 - which is what I have and share, so costs me bugger all.

In saying that though, as above most of Sky isn't in HD anyway, so at least when you pay for the better quality with Netflix, you get it - all their own shows for the last couple of years are UHD. Once Sky get the internet side of things sorted out hopefully 4k won't be too far behind, though initially it will only be 1080p.

I can't imagine how bad their SD channels will look on one of the new 8k TV's - even 1080p is a 16 times upscale on one of those...

8. Post
    Toolman wrote:
    standard Netflix is not HD you have to pay, i think $5 ,more a month if you want HD and nearly $10 a month for 4k
    Sweet, I stand corrected. I always needed two devices so never even looked at what the single device option offered. Not bad for $15/month either way.

9. Post
    Rumours are Sky are looking to become a broadband provider.... sounds like hell on earth.

10. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    Rumours are Sky are looking to become a broadband provider.... sounds like hell on earth.
    That makes sense -that way they can throttle netflix and all the other competing services...

11. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    10gb a month for a low low price of $119.99.
    Last edited by Sverin; 2nd May 2019 at 4:45 pm.

12. Post
    Sverin wrote:
    10gb/s a month for a low low price of $119.99.
    I think you mean 10GB a month for $119.99 and it will all be transmitted through your Sky dish in standard definition.

13. Post
    brand wrote:
    I think you mean 10GB a month for $119.99 and it will all be transmitted through your Sky dish in standard definition.
    And will stop working if the next town over gets foggy

14. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    Basic Netflix is SD and is $11.49 and limited to one device, Standard is 2 devices and HD it is $14.99 and Premium is 4 devices with HD and UHD for$18.49 - which is what I have and share, so costs me bugger all.

In saying that though, as above most of Sky isn't in HD anyway, so at least when you pay for the better quality with Netflix, you get it - all their own shows for the last couple of years are UHD. Once Sky get the internet side of things sorted out hopefully 4k won't be too far behind, though initially it will only be 1080p.

I can't imagine how bad their SD channels will look on one of the new 8k TV's - even 1080p is a 16 times upscale on one of those...
    How quick is Netflix in NZ for getting shows though? I watch a lot of UK shows like 8 out of 10 Cats, Taskmaster, etc. Missus watches a lot of the UK drama shows (I can't come up with any names off the top of my head). Are these aired here the same day they're aired there?

15. Post
    mmd wrote:
    How quick is Netflix in NZ for getting shows though? I watch a lot of UK shows like 8 out of 10 Cats, Taskmaster, etc. Missus watches a lot of the UK drama shows (I can't come up with any names off the top of my head). Are these aired here the same day they're aired there?
    They delay is generally at least months, if it carries them at all. Some stuff airs the same week, but generally only the co-produced stuff like Star Trek Discovery.

Sounds like you'd be better off with a DNS service to access BBC iview.

16. Post
    mmd wrote:
    Taskmaster and 8 out of 10 cats are on TVNZ Duke at least, but they won't be up to date with the UK I imagine. You can also watch them ondemand.

I found when I used a VPN to get US Netflix it had more UK content than the NZ one does.

17. Post
    Dns4me is still working well for US Netflix *touches wood*. $12.71 for 3 months, which is all I get at a time, so if it permanently craps out its not too much coin lost ($4.46 on a monthly basis).

18. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    I found when I used a VPN to get US Netflix it had more UK content than the NZ one does.
    Some of this might come down to who already owns rights in NZ? Some shows on Netflix are older seasons only, as someone else here owns the current rights.

19. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    Some of this might come down to who already owns rights in NZ? Some shows on Netflix are older seasons only, as someone else here owns the current rights.
    Like Better Call Saul for example.