1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Good review. I'm enjoying this grind now and enjoy levelling up ever so slowly (538 now) and our team is taking stabs at the raid but the first encounter is still kicking our asses at our levels as everyone progresses.

3. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    Good review. I'm enjoying this grind now and enjoy levelling up ever so slowly (538 now) and our team is taking stabs at the raid but the first encounter is still kicking our asses at our levels as everyone progresses.
    Yeah, agreed. At first I was a bit Ďmehí, but unlocking The Dreaming City, changed it completely for me.

Although, the only thing Iím not keen on with the expansion is the changes to the Clan progression. I hate crucible, I really do. Iím aware itís because I suck at PVP. But that aside, getting schooled every time I go in there and spending more time respawning than killing gets old very quick. So having to go there just for clan stuff has been a major turn off.

4. Post
    How many hours of content does the expansion have? And how does it compare to the base game in size?

5. Post

Destiny 2: Forsaken - Review in progress

SirGrim wrote:
    How many hours of content does the expansion have? And how does it compare to the base game in size?
    Itís not as big as the base game. Thereís Ďonlyí two new areas, however there is a lot more stuff to do with in those areas due to bounties and the like. Itís certainly bigger than mid year DLC.

6. Post
    Plus as mentioned in the review, they are still adding changes to the city, quests and stuff. People are still finding secrets in the new area. Dunno how long this will keep up but it's cool that it feels a little more alive. (remember when they said the farm will evolve over time? well it evolved right off the face of the planet.)

And while they added new fallen baddies, I wish there was a new race, and we didn't have to fight Taken which to me still feels like tacked-on filler content.

7. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    If you played the first game, it adds as much as The Taken King did to that, easy. Plus new stuff still popping in - accessed two new areas last night that I believe haven't been accessible until this week. (There's no real playing the game in one of these as such, but all part of story continuing, secrets to uncover, powers unlocking etc.) I think it's probably now going to start cycling weekly in terms of content now, but tooooonnes of achievements to keep track of, bounties etc, and Gambit, which is good even if you don't really like PVP.
    Last edited by CardinalNZ; 28th September 2018 at 12:01 pm.

8. Post
    I've said this before but a good deal of the experience also comes down to your company; if you're jamming with mates it really adds to the experience and longevity. At the end of the day, it's really 'just more destiny' which can be a drag if you're over the whole thing, or great if you're playing with chums.

I'm stuck with the GPNZ guys for now so 7/10 for me.

9. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    I'm stuck with the GPNZ guys for now so 7/10 for me.
    Wow. Toxic!

10. Post
    :P

11. Post
    CardinalNZ wrote:
    If you played the first game, it adds as much as The Taken King did to that, easy. Plus new stuff still popping in - accessed two new areas last night that I believe haven't been accessible until this week. (There's no real playing the game in one of these as such, but all part of story continuing, secrets to uncover, powers unlocking etc.) I think it's probably now going to start cycling weekly in terms of content now, but tooooonnes of achievements to keep track of, bounties etc, and Gambit, which is good even if you don't really like PVP.
    I haven't but the first two pieces of DLC put a sour taste in my mouth for destiny 2

12. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    I haven't but the first two pieces of DLC put a sour taste in my mouth for destiny 2
    OK well using those as a comparison, you get 2 new areas (and another separate strike level which also hosts a couple of story missions) each of which is significantly larger than either Mercury or Mars, which means 6 new lost sectors, probably 10 new story missions so far and as many new adventures as well (mostly in the new locations but some each week that send you off to old planets), the entirely new mode, the wave activity (a bit repetitive but OK), three new types of public event, plus all the bounties and weapon upgrades that encourage you to go do strikes, Crucible etc and all the stuff you haven't for a while. So definitely adds a lot of content (which is good because damn, as an expansion it's pretty pricey.)

Much like in Destiny 1 the major expansion makes the minor ones earlier seem especially paltry in comparison, really.

13. Post
    mhm that still sounds thin - I'm used to WoW where a $60 expansion gets you 6 or 7 new areas, entirely new game modes and mechanics, about 5 to 8 dungeons(strikes) and 2 to 3 raids and more dungeons(strikes) and raids get added for free later too - the raids in WoW are also much, much larger than the ones in Destiny 2 with much more content and bosses

14. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    mhm that still sounds thin - I'm used to WoW
    Fair enough I guess, although in fairness to Bungie the months in between WoW's $60 expansions see Blizzard's millions of players each giving them 15 bucks every 4 weeks
    Last edited by CardinalNZ; 28th September 2018 at 3:25 pm.

15. Post
    Wasnt impressed with Destiny2, played so much Destiny1 I think my expectations were too high

16. Post
    Shattered Throne is great - finally completed it Friday night with fellow GPers Vegelix and Thrillhouse. As much as I love 6 player raids, as mentioned in your article it can be hard to assemble 5 other players these days (at least for me, as I can only get on late) so a 3 player 'raid' is ideal. It's a great challenge with basic but varied mechanics, and I hope for more in the future.

I really have no interest in the Black Armoury stuff tho. Played the first forge in week 1 and had enough. I think once I hit max power of 650 in a week or so I'll swap out my daily / weekly activities and give it a fair trial, as there are now 3 forges available.

Also worth noting is that if you complete this weeks Ascendant Challenge there is a cut scene which further teases story content so I don't think they're done from that regard just yet. Hopefully it will be integrated into the vanilla forsaken package and not require the pass.

17. Post
    Forsake truly is a God tier expansion, better than TTK too if you ask me.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

18. Post
    Correct me if I’m wrong but they are locking some pvp and raid content behind the annual pass paywall?
    Buying Forsaken does not give you acccess to all new content unless you also spent money on the new annual pass lol