Taupau
    Ah Mau

2. Post
    Really struggling to find any interest in the internationals atm

3. Post
    Whrre is Nelson?

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

4. Post
    As long as the Kiwis play somewhat better than the last World Cup!
    I'm more excited for the Tonga game tbh.

5. Post
    Dre wrote:
    Whrre is Nelson?

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk
    Moonboot after last night.

6. Post
    DWZ
    Isaako
    Manu
    Marsters
    Rapana
    Johnson
    Nikorima
    Bromwich
    Smith
    Taupau
    Tapine
    Blair
    JFH

Hughes
    Proctor
    LAM
    JWH begrudgingly

I think our squad is pretty good but we still don't have that elite halves partner for SJ since Foran went off a cliff and still only have that one great hooker in Luke. Hopefully Smith and Hughes continue to develop well.

Our backs are pretty sweet.

NAS is a huge loss, literally and otherwise.

7. Post
    How did Munster escape a ban for kicking a guy in the head? He even said he did it intentionally?

8. Post
    Indigo1 wrote:
    How did Munster escape a ban for kicking a guy in the head? He even said he did it intentionally?
    Assume a good record.

9. Post
    jords wrote:
    Assume a good record.
    I can understand a good record getting you off a high tackle, but a boot to the head??

Pretty sad that the Footy Show has been axed. Still have a few "highlights" DVDs of the show from the good ol days somewhere

10. Post
    I really wish RTS, Isaac Luke and Tohu Harris weren't injured. I do like the look of Dogzilla's lineup though.

Bloody hell lots going on at the moment in the Aussie camp. Inglis caught drink driving and Munster doesn't get suspended for a kick to Manu's head...wtf.

I hope for the Kiwis' sake Inglis sits out this game cos he's still one of the best players in the world. I highly doubt anything will happen to Inglis professionally. Manu has shown this year that he has defended against Inglis really well and even outplayed him in the last game. Latrell vs Manu would be very interesting considering they're teammates and are arguably the best centres from the last few weeks/months.

11. Post
    Indigo1 wrote:
    I can understand a good record getting you off a high tackle, but a boot to the head??

Pretty sad that the Footy Show has been axed. Still have a few "highlights" DVDs of the show from the good ol days somewhere
    The Footy Show went downhill in the last few years. It was a running gag on the show that Fatty spent all his spare time playing golf rather than working on improving the show. Then they gave the host to Erin Molan who always seemed awkward in front of the camera. Fox just does footy shows so much better - NRL 360 for the serious content, Matty Johns show for the silly stuff. I'll definitely miss NRL 360 in the off season.

12. Post
    The Footy Show is dead, it needed to die - the format now is terrible.

Since Matty Johns has been on tv again he's been much more enjoyable, the dry humour of Fletch and Hindy is much better then Beau Ryan and then add the professor and others they really have it sown up.

13. Post
    Footy Show was peak 2000-2005, I think. It's been a horrible downward slide ever since.

As Rebound says, yeah, Matty Johns owns this market now.

14. Post
    ^ Agreed.

To my surprise, Inglis has been suspended for two matches for DUI. I didn't think he'd get suspended at all, but it is what it is, and the Kiwis won't have to face him which is a good thing.

15. Post
    JoeSkie wrote:
    ^ Agreed.

To my surprise, Inglis has been suspended for two matches for DUI. I didn't think he'd get suspended at all, but it is what it is, and the Kiwis won't have to face him which is a good thing.
    I applaud them for it - Rattue actually wrote a good piece on it in the Herald.

16. Post
    Bromwich has been playing so average recently i couldn't have him in my side. He got stomped all over in the NRL final and yeah nah.

Team would probably lose to Fiji again lol

17. Post
    Australia by 32-38 to 12.

18. Post
    gar1kz wrote:
    Bromwich has been playing so average recently i couldn't have him in my side. He got stomped all over in the NRL final and yeah nah.

Team would probably lose to Fiji again lol
    Bromwich may have been outplayed in the final but that's just one game. He's a classy player who has proven he can step up to test level. Unlike JWH who clearly dominates at NRL level and yet can't do the same at test level which is really frustrating cos I love the guy's passion and guts.

Indigo1 wrote:
    I applaud them for it - Rattue actually wrote a good piece on it in the Herald.
    Yeah me too. I am glad they punished him. I just wish the NRL were a bit more consistent with stuff like the Slater shoulder charge and Munster head kick.

19. Post
    Drink driving is way ****ing worse than Pearce pretending to bang a dog but he got much worse while Inglis won't even miss an NRL game and gets praised for how brave he is about it. Dogs get their kit off in a private function, have a bit of a yack and the NRL needs to investigate them and the club gets fined, drink driving is much worse.

The NRL should absolutely ****ing slam anyone that gets done drunk driving.

20. Post
    JoeSkie wrote:
    Bromwich may have been outplayed in the final but that's just one game. He's a classy player who has proven he can step up to test level. Unlike JWH who clearly dominates at NRL level and yet can't do the same at test level which is really frustrating cos I love the guy's passion and guts.

Yeah me too. I am glad they punished him. I just wish the NRL were a bit more consistent with stuff like the Slater shoulder charge and Munster head kick.
    Agreed that JWH hasn't stepped up in previous test caps. With Bromwich it wasn't just one game for me, he's been disappointing most of the season and hasn't been his usual self.

21. Post
    DWZ named captain....

22. Post
    1. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak (c)
    2. Ken Maumalo
    3. Esan Marsters
    4. Joseph Manu
    5. Jordan Rapana
    6. Shaun Johnson
    7. Kodi Nikorima
    8. Jesse Bromwich
    9. Brandon Smith
    10. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
    11. Kevin Proctor
    12. Isaac Liu
    13. James Fisher-Harris

Interchange:
    Kenny Bromwich
    Leeson Ah Mau
    Martin Taupau
    Adam Blair
    Peta Hiku
    Jahrome Hughes

I would've had Isaako instead of Maumalo but Ken's had a solid year for the Warriors. No Tapine is another interesting one. Is he injured or something? He was so good against the Poms in that silly Denver test match.

Edit: Some people on FB are saying that Isaako is expecting a baby which is why he wasn't considered. Phew. He's a gun goal kicker too.
    Last edited by JoeSkie; 9th October 2018 at 3:59 pm.

23. Post
    Don't agree with DWZ as Captain, what will happen when RTS comes back into the squad? DWZ probably won't make the team

24. Post
    DOGZILLA wrote:
    Drink driving is way ****ing worse than Pearce pretending to bang a dog but he got much worse while Inglis won't even miss an NRL game and gets praised for how brave he is about it. Dogs get their kit off in a private function, have a bit of a yack and the NRL needs to investigate them and the club gets fined, drink driving is much worse.

The NRL should absolutely ****ing slam anyone that gets done drunk driving.
    Yup, agree fully

25. Post
    The team is pretty short on captain options. A lot of them are young, then you've got Bromwich and Proctor we know why they aren't getting it, Princess and JWH nope. Rapana and Kodi don't really fit the bill either.

RTS won't be back until next year anyway so it's a bit of a we can sort it out then thing. We have no established captain now anyway.

The way DWZ plays he at least leads by a very strong example the way he puts his body into everything.

There's Blair but having a captain that doesn't start is weird.