1. Post
    WhangaDan wrote:
    This. Try it in a different PC too if you have a bitser or a workbench PC.

(don't put a potentially faulty card in another person's gaming pc )
    It wont harm the PC....

2. Post
    You don't know that for sure, so don't say it.

As a side note, $10 says DrDisrepsect has the same IP address (admin can check) as Famous, who just happened to stop posting when the new account was made... posts are just way too familiar. Nice try.

3. Post
    Fragluton wrote:

As a side note, $10 says DrDisrepsect has the same IP address (admin can check) as Famous, who just happened to stop posting when the new account was made... posts are just way too familiar. Nice try.
    \_(ツ)_/, I've never seen either of them post.

4. Post
    Fragluton wrote:

Gpforums Private eye are ya? Was that person banned?

5. Post
    Fragluton wrote:

I'll take that $10

6. Post

Snap!

7. Post
    Yeah my theory is flawed, as neither poster will have a static IP, so it might be renewed daily. Either way my Chrome extension for stupidity has started to detect again.

8. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    Yeah my theory is flawed, as neither poster will have a static IP, so it might be renewed daily. Either way my Chrome extension for stupidity has started to detect again.
    If not renewed then a simple turn off router for 10 mins would fetch a new IP.
    On a side note: I had no idea a faulty GPU could harm a PC. I stand corrected!

9. Post
    Booo
    Would've been funny though.

10. Post
    Funny how famousdex and Drdisrespect have the same cpu cooler, well did, since they both just upgraded. Lol, not that bipolar is a laughing matter. I still think my money is safe.

11. Post
    suntoucher wrote:
    I'd basically just contact the shop (assuming they're in NZ) and say, "I understand it's out of warranty, but realistically there's no reasonable expectation that a GPU would only ever last exactly its warranty period and expect to throw it in the bin on exactly two years. If that's the case it should be called a lifespan and not a warranty. A warranty period is usually, 'We absolutely guarantee, no questions asked, it will work this amount of time but it should last longer' and as a result I think I have a pretty good case under the CGA. Please have a look at the card and address the issue."
    So i emailed them something along the lines of this to which they replied,
    Hi there
    You case is not under a normal warranty job process. Your Graphic card is out of warranty, We cannot raise a out of warranty RMA Job with our supplier. This is why we prefer you can try to raise a RMA job directly from Sapphire. If you have RMA number from Sapphire, our supplier will accept us to return the graphic card for a RMA job.
    so I've replied back mentioning the articles, it's been a day since, so will see if they message back tomorrow or so.
    Under CGA It falls to the retailer/reseller to organise it and if they cannot then, it falls to the NZ distributor/supplier under sections:
    https://www.consumer.org.nz/articles...guarantees-act
    https://www.govt.nz/browse/consumer-...ve-a-warranty/

12. Post
    Pbtech?

13. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Pbtech?
    Nah dragonpc, i think its the sales staff replying rather than the manager, might have to call and speak to the manager.

So got a call this morning from them, asking me to send the card back so they can RMA it to the supplier to asses. Yay!
    Last edited by huntakillaz; 28th November 2018 at 1:43 pm.

14. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    Funny how famousdex and Drdisrespect have the same cpu cooler, well did, since they both just upgraded. Lol, not that bipolar is a laughing matter. I still think my money is safe.
    Could be popular one's a lot of people have. I have a Noctua NH-U12S and before that I had a Cooler Master MasterAir MA620P
    And I think Famous has a Cooler master Hyper 212 as per one of his lasts posts. I think both rather popular models no? why would famous make a new account under a different name was he banned?

15. Post
    huntakillaz wrote:
    So got a call this morning from them, asking me to send the card back so they can RMA it to the supplier to asses. Yay!
    Result! Nice work, keeping at them paid off.

16. Post
    DrDisrespect wrote:
    It wont harm the PC....
    99% of the time a faulty GPU won't harm your PC, BUT, I have seen a motherboard die because the mosfets on the GPU were fried. Can't be too careful and it's not worth the risk.

If you're testing in an old workbench PC, that's fine, but not on your friends PC he just paid thousands for.

17. Post
    Did you have any progress with this Hunta? Would be interesting to see what it would be replaced with.

And I'll have to agree with Frag, I thought DrDisrepect and famousdex were the same person as well Very similar posts in the gpu/cpu thread.

18. Post
    dude2099 wrote:
    Did you have any progress with this Hunta? Would be interesting to see what it would be replaced with.

And I'll have to agree with Frag, I thought DrDisrepect and famousdex were the same person as well Very similar posts in the gpu/cpu thread.
    So they came back to me said they have a Rx 480 but on of the hdmi ports wasn't working on it when they tested it, and said everything else works fine.
    I was like well i'm not taking that coz if that turns into a bigger issue later i'll have problems as there's no warranty cover.
    they were like, well then we'd have to talk with Sapphire Australia and send the card there, they may or may not replace the card.
    I was like well i'd rather give it a shot with them see what happens.

So that was b4 xmas and being on holidays and stuff in between, i'm gonna get back to the store and ask them to follow up with sapphire tomorrow.

19. Post
    dude2099 wrote:

I have seen similar posts.

20. Post
    Umm ok so sapphire said to replace the card but they sent a 4GB instead of the 8GB that I initially had with my card.

Emailed them back saying my old card was a 8GB not 4GB, I bought the 8GB for a reason.
    Spoke to them on the phone so they're gonna go back to supplier and have a chat with them.

21. Post
    huntakillaz wrote:
    Umm ok so sapphire said to replace the card but they sent a 4GB instead of the 8GB that I initially had with my card.

Emailed them back saying my old card was a 8GB not 4GB, I bought the 8GB for a reason.
    Spoke to them on the phone so they're gonna go back to supplier and have a chat with them.
    Sounds like they're f'n useless :/

22. Post
    So seems they're having issues with the supplier not doing things quickly about it. Supplier hasn't gotten back to them.
    So the shop is going to refund me instead.

So reckon there's gonna be a waiting day sale?
    Might pickup and Rx 580 but hoping the 590 drops to $400

23. Post
    Not long to wait to find out. Would be surprised to see the 590 hit $400 though.

Good to get a refund in the end.

24. Post
    Would love to know the supplier, sounds like the exact same one DragonPC used when I had a failed 390 - very similar issues of trying twice to replace the card with something worse then going radio silent and the retailer had to refund me in full lol.

25. Post
    iRoN wrote:
    Would love to know the supplier, sounds like the exact same one DragonPC used when I had a failed 390 - very similar issues of trying twice to replace the card with something worse then going radio silent and the retailer had to refund me in full lol.
    Same retailer lol