EA wants to bring C&C back on PC

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
(2 votes)
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

1. Post

EA wants to bring C&C back on PC

A Special Announcement from EA

Fellow Command & Conquer fans,

My name is Jim Vessella, and I’m a Producer at Electronic Arts. Ten years ago I had the pleasure of being on the production team for Command & Conquer 3 and Red Alert 3, along with being the Lead Producer on Kane’s Wrath. During those years, some of my favorite moments were interacting with our passionate community, whether at our onsite Community Summits, on the forums, or while attending various events such as Gamescom.

As most of you may know, we recently announced Command & Conquer: Rivals, a mobile game set in the Command & Conquer universe. Following the reveal of Rivals, we heard you loud and clear: the Command & Conquer community also wants to see the franchise return to PC. And as a fan of C&C for over 20 years, I couldn’t agree more. With that in mind we’ve been exploring some exciting ideas regarding remastering the classic PC games, and already have the ball rolling on our first effort to celebrate the upcoming 25th Year Anniversary.

We are eager to hear your feedback to help influence our current thoughts for PC and what comes next. Over the next few weeks we’ll be talking to fans in a variety of ways. In the meantime, please share your thoughts here on the OpenRA forums.

As a long time C&C fan and developer, I am just as passionate about the C&C franchise as you are, and look forward to hearing your thoughts as they help us shape the future of C&C at EA!

Thanks!
    Jim Vessella
    Jimtern
    How will they screw it up this time?

2. Post
    Yeah not too optimistic about this one..although i was surprised they cancelled Generals 2 as i was looking forward to that. A remaster/remake of the original would be nice to me.

3. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    How will they screw it up this time?
    Social media integration with P2W microtransactions.

4. Post
    _MASS_ wrote:
    Yeah not too optimistic about this one..although i was surprised they cancelled Generals 2 as i was looking forward to that. A remaster/remake of the original would be nice to me.
    ...You saw the reason why Generals 2 was cancelled, right? They copied Age of Empires: Online and just stuck a bunch of P2W crap onto Generals 1 and called it a day.

5. Post
    God generals was fun. Flat battles were great.

6. Post
    This just came up on my crystal ball -

EA's Ministry of Truth wrote:
    We heard you loud and clear: what you want is Command & Conquer: Rivals, a mobile game on PC set in the Command & Conquer universe with deep social media integration, where the intent is to bring pride and accomplishment by unlocking hero units like the Mammoth tank and the Stealth Tank.

Get a head start with the Commander's Arsenal Starter pack

Includes:
    1500 Tiberium points
    -Use Tiberium points to purchase Crates, giving you a selection of new Conquer Cards, emotes, and other valuable resources to continue your Commander’s journey.

3 Rare Conquer Cards:
    - HiRoller
    Your Mammoth tank can now crush other mechanized units.
    - BackChat
    Get Commando voice notifications when your command points have recharged!
    - P2EZKIL COMBO
    Get an extra Conquer card with your next purchase.

$59.99

Addon - Base game required

7. Post
    Equity wrote:
    God generals was fun. Flat battles were great.
    The only memory I have of Generals MP was being facerolled by GLA quad-trucks over and over again, those things were way OP. The SP was pretty good though.

8. Post
    Monolith wrote:
    This just came up on my crystal ball -
    +1 also you have to pay monthly for the SP as it is a ongoing service

9. Post
    level 2
    EA_Jimtern
    Verified: Jim Vessella, EA Producer
    668 points
    ·
    10 hours ago
    Thanks for the post, Electrifyer. We will not be adding any microtransactions to a C&C Remaster.
    from the Reddit thread

10. Post
    I want a base. A big one.

11. Post
    I enjoy building massive bases with defenses that make it nigh on impossible for the AI to get through. Give me that on something that has the visual fidelity of the Frostbite engine and I'll be happy EA.

12. Post
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    The only memory I have of Generals MP was being facerolled by GLA quad-trucks over and over again, those things were way OP. The SP was pretty good though.
    One of my flatties was just insanely good, so was always 2 vs him and we would still have to play well to win. Was so fun though. The mad clicking to get everything built as fast as you can!

13. Post
    get 5 tiberium crate drops for $9.99 or 10 for only $16.99!

14. Post
    I just want to play Kane's Wrath without having to worry about version compatibility or dodgy netcode.

15. Post
    Ooer producer of C&C 3, I actually quite liked that one

16. Post
    Best thing they could do is sell the IP to someone who will do it justice, not rape it for maximum profits. I dont trust EA to do anything good with it.

I was a member of the RA2 / Generals Modding Community ( not under this name obviously ), not really well known but behind the scenes helping some of the big names. None of us liked what EA did to the C&C franchise. Generals was just ok, but RA3 was trash, most of the core members I knew, left to do other things and our sites dissolved. Think Lion's forums still has some of my work up on it. I know quite a few mods have some of my assets I made during those times.

17. Post
    Enjoy winning Command and Conquer but don't have the time to actually develop some skill to beat other players? Just buy our I-WIN-BUTTON for $9.99 per use!

18. Post
    This is why I enjoy playing 8bit armies etc.

Takes you back to old school way of playing - not the EA version.

19. Post
    KaskadeNZ wrote:
    I was a member of the RA2 / Generals Modding Community ( not under this name obviously )
    Is this your alt? https://www.gpforums.co.nz/members/15660-SonicNZ2 Webmaster for CNCNZ's account.

20. Post
    Hah, no I wasn't Sonic, from memory he showed up in the community after me, and was a few years younger.

21. Post
    Fail from the initial PR release, the guy said he was in the Prod team for CNC3 and RA3, both were graphically nice but mediocre every where else. If he's leading the 'revival' then its doomed from the get-go.

22. Post
    LinkJKL wrote:
    Fail from the initial PR release, the guy said he was in the Prod team for CNC3 and RA3, both were graphically nice but mediocre every where else. If he's leading the 'revival' then its doomed from the get-go.
    C&C3 KW was great for lans. Best interface of the lot too. It was C&C4 where it went badly to shit. I reviewed that game, and coming off the back of 3 and KW, it was an astounding ****up.

23. Post
    LinkJKL wrote:
    CnC3 and RA3 are fantastic games. They reviewed extremely well, were very well received by players and had long running and active communities.
    You might not have liked them, but you're in the minority and don't speak for the fan base.

CnC4 was trash, and most people thought so.

24. Post
    was RA3 better than RA3: Uprising? I got RA3: Uprising for free and it was garbage.

25. Post
    The Commanders Challenge for Red Alert 3 was cool.