Results 1 to 11 of 11

  1. Post

    Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

    Read article...

  2. Post
    #2
    I'd be keen on re-buying this if there was more effort made on producing a themed console. Looks pretty boring.

    Super fun to be played hand-held though I'm sure!

  3. Post
    #3
    Rii wrote:
    I'd be keen on re-buying this if there was more effort made on producing a themed console. Looks pretty boring.

    Super fun to be played hand-held though I'm sure!
    Yeah, I have to agree. I still dig it, but I would have loved to see some new joy-cons at the very least.

  4. Post
    #4
    Yeah that themed package is super underwhelming. Black on black console case, grey joycons and grey decals on the toaster.

    As keen as I am for D3 on Switch and very nearly pre-ordered, this year is killing my wallet so re-installed the PS4 version and started a season character instead.

  5. Post
    #5
    A far cry from the awesome 3DS special editions we'd get over the years. All the Switch ones have looked low effort, no thank you type ones so far. Basically just boring tribal stickers on a dock thing.

    Hey I'm not complaining, means I don't have to spend money on 'unnecessary things' (replacing my regular Switch). But I look at my awesome gold Zelda 3DS and have to wonder.

    Seems like a missed opportunity, I like our pink and green Joycons and I'm surprised they don't do more cool accessory things.

  6. Post
    #6
    Nintendo don't have to sell more Switch's right now. They're already selling a boatload. They're probably ramp up the themes to something a little more crazy in the next year or two. Perhaps time them with Switch v1.5

  7. Post
    #7
    Astronug wrote:
    Yeah, I have to agree. I still dig it, but I would have loved to see some new joy-cons at the very least.
    Wrangle up some review copies and get the GP review crew to party this up on Switch.

  8. Post
    #8
    Rii wrote:
    Nintendo don't have to sell more Switch's right now. They're already selling a boatload. They're probably ramp up the themes to something a little more crazy in the next year or two. Perhaps time them with Switch v1.5
    This is literally the exact opposite thing Ninty are doing right now. Their sales numbers have dropped off significantly and they are aiming to get them back up in order to hit the targets they projected earlier in the year. Also why they have a new revision in the pipe. Although why they would mention it now is beyond me. Nothing is more likely to cool of interest in hardware is knowing that an improved version is due out in the not too distant future.

  9. Post
    #9
    ChrisB wrote:
    This is literally the exact opposite thing Ninty are doing right now. Their sales numbers have dropped off significantly and they are aiming to get them back up in order to hit the targets they projected earlier in the year. Also why they have a new revision in the pipe. Although why they would mention it now is beyond me. Nothing is more likely to cool of interest in hardware is knowing that an improved version is due out in the not too distant future.
    Can you show me where you're getting your info? Latest I can see was from their latest quarterly report (June 30, 201 showing numbers are still strong.

    From recent news the new version appears to tackle security issues that have been blown wide open with homebrew projects. As well of course to keep sale numbers up and to make collectors editions of what they've already released.

  10. Post
    #10
    We want as many consoles sold as possible, since bigger install bases = more software support. I welcome their strategies to push console sales (within reason of course).

  11. Post
    #11
    Rii wrote:
    Can you show me where you're getting your info? Latest I can see was from their latest quarterly report (June 30, 201 showing numbers are still strong.

    From recent news the new version appears to tackle security issues that have been blown wide open with homebrew projects. As well of course to keep sale numbers up and to make collectors editions of what they've already released.
    Strong sales =/= desired or targeted sales totals

    https://www.neowin.net/news/nintendo...-switch-sales/

    https://criticalindex.net/nintendo-s...n-3da4538bb8c2

    https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertc.../#480c20985cad

    http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...sibly_to_blame