1. Post

ACC is sexist

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/ind...t-their-claims

Or is just that men work in industries were injuries are more likely, and also do more stupid shit in their time off? I'm thinking of every white collar professional in their mid-40s who suddenly becomes an asshole on a mountain bike.

2. Post
    Women need to stop being lazy and start working physical jobs and playing more sport and going to the gym
    Then there will be more sex balance from acc

3. Post
    I dont think you can say that in the current climate.

4. Post
    ACC said males and females each had the same approval-rate for sports claims (99.4 per cent), while motor vehicle claims had an approval rate of 98.7 per cent for males and 98.4 per cent for females.

That means women are almost 20 per cent more likely than men to have a vehicle-related claim turned down.
    This is probably the best illustration of how the media manipulate statistics

5. Post
    there are far more factors that need to be taken into account than just " total payment by gender" , like severity of the claims, the total number of claims, the types of claims, the kind of claims being made etc. This is another example of how any monkey can twist a chart to make it look to support their narrative bias. Arent work place deaths heavily skewed 4-1 to men?

6. Post
    Maybe more women make fraudulent claims.

7. Post
    It's Stuff. They'll find a "males are ruining it" angle on anything.

8. Post
    Don't more men work and more women are on a benefit?

9. Post
    I showed this to a woman and asked for her opinion. She said "because women are expected to just shut up and deal with it".

I told her to just shut up and deal with it.

10. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    This is probably the best illustration of how the media manipulate statistics
    I... what... how in the **** does that math make any sense.

11. Post
    teelo7 wrote:
    I... what... how in the **** does that math make any sense.
    1.3% rejection rate for males, 1.6% rejection rate for females. 1.6/1.3 means 23% more rejection, its really grasping to make a case.

12. Post
    teelo7 wrote:
    I showed this to a woman and asked for her opinion. She said "because women are expected to just shut up and deal with it".

13. Post
    Fairfax on the misandrist bandwagon...never seen that before.

14. Post
    Every week it's a rotation between the down trodden women and Maori

15. Post
    teelo7 wrote:

Tell her to stop culturally appropriating our stoic Kiwi male archetypes, thanks.

16. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    Arent work place deaths heavily skewed 4-1 to men?
    last I checked it was 96% men, which makes it 25:1.

17. Post
    You have to be a special type of moron to write that 'article'.

Cramming it with skewed statistics to meet your agenda, but leaving it completely void of logic and common sense.

18. Post
    WeenieBeenie wrote:
    You have to be a special type of moron to write that 'article'.

Cramming it with skewed statistics to meet your agenda, but leaving it completely void of logic and common sense.
    To be fair, he is probably in an office surrounded by 20 and 30 something white females. All horribly oppressed most likely and not afraid to tell him about it every 5 minutes. He is just trying to fit in and survive.

19. Post
    In before article "women more likely than men to force male journalist to write article defending women"

20. Post
    Wheres the bar graph showing gender breakdown of ACC's income ?
    And wheres the bar graph of team managers genders & case managers genders ?

21. Post
    How do we get rid of white collar and offices? Seriously, what the shit?

22. Post
    What's wrong with being sexy?