1. Post

Fallout New Vegas - What mods to get?

Decided to play New Vegas for the first time.
    Want a vanilla-esque game, no crazy mods with OP weapons or super survival mode etc.

Going to get the Anti-crash and Anti-stutter mods.
    Have been told the Underground Hideout one is good too.

What else should I use?

Cheers

2. Post
    Anyone used a one piece strip mod? I always found that split up super immersion breaking

3. Post
    AstoriaParanoia wrote:
    Decided to play New Vegas for the first time.
    Want a vanilla-esque game, no crazy mods with OP weapons or super survival mode etc.

Going to get the Anti-crash and Anti-stutter mods.
    Have been told the Underground Hideout one is good too.

What else should I use?

Cheers
    Awwww shit, I got you covered mang.

I am 110 hours into my latest NV adventure (small hiatus as I hit up a TW3/Desitny binge of late), and the mods I have installed are bloody amazing.

Here are the main ones I recommend:

NV Redesigned 3 - Mandatory, changes so much but still feels vanilla (but way better)
    Fallout Character Overhaul (runs perfect with NV Redesigned 3)
    The Mod Configeration Menu (mandatory)
    UIO - User Interface Organiser (mandatory)
    NVAC - Anti Crash Mod
    YUP+Jip patches - Unofficial Patch Mods
    Victor's Shack - Goodsprings Home
    Willow - A Better Companion Experience
    Nevada Skies - Amazing Weather Mod with cool weather effects/storms etc.
    New Vegas Enhanced Camera
    CASM (save game mod, mandatory as for anti crash buzz)
    IMPACT - good gun feels
    NVSR - New Vegas Stutter Remover (works again now, clashed with W10 for a while)
    EVE - Essential Visual Enhancements
    NMC's Texture Packs (I run the mid-high detail ones on a 980 OC with no worries)
    Wasteland Flora Overhaul - so pretty yo.
    Pipboy 3000 mod - Vanilla feeling but better.
    Weapon Retexture Project - Pretty guns.
    Radio Mods are good if you don't wanna here jingle jangle all the time - Platinum/Conelrad/Enclave Radio are amazing.

I VERY highly recommend playing New Vegas on Hardcore mode too (I find Hard about right, it's much harder than non-Hardcore Very Hard) - makes all the stuff you pick up actually become useful (it's so good), in turn when you find bits of lead and random tools you get wayyy more excited than before.

This sums up my feelings on Hardcore NV vs Vanilla Difficulty NV:

yeahboiwahoo wrote:
    Anyone used a one piece strip mod? I always found that split up super immersion breaking
    I used it for a bit but it's buggy and breaks stuff so ejected it early in the piece thank the maker, didn't seem to break my game*

*touches wood.

4. Post
    Grab content restoration and increased population mods. The game initially had more NPCs but they patched some out because consoles couldn't handle them.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/modpiracy/c...erged_for_ttw/
    https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/40176/
    https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35369

5. Post
    Cheers guys will try them out.

6. Post
    Damnit! Now I want to replay it. But I already have too many open-worlds to explore!

7. Post
    hmmm this is tempting me into a replay.

8. Post

9. Post
    This modded NV playthrough feels like a remaster tbh...and hardcore changes entirely the way you approach loot/looting...everything is so much more exciting.

The great thing about NV is the way you can leave it for a good month or 2, jump right back in and still feel at home, it's a damn good feeling heading back to the Mojave when you do.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by IST; 22nd October 2018 at 2:50 pm.

10. Post
    What's the preferred way to run and manage these mods?

11. Post
    JC wrote:
    What's the preferred way to run and manage these mods?
    Nexus Mod Manager

12. Post
    I'm using Vortex.
    Seems ok.

13. Post
    Sweet, I had used it in the past but it struck me as jaaanky as. If it's the way, I will cope

I see it's no longer supported, but I guess that's ok?

14. Post
    JC wrote:
    Sweet, I had used it in the past but it struck me as jaaanky as. If it's the way, I will cope

Oh had no idea that it had been replaced, it's been a good year at least since I followed the Beth game modding scene. Use the successor Vortex instead.

15. Post
    JC wrote:

Recently won't update, or download new mods since it's all being moved over to Vortex now: so probably use Vortex mate

Not sure why they had to re-do the program, I always thought NMM was a great tool for modding most games (sans TW3).

16. Post
    The version on GitHub works fine btw

17. Post
    New California has launched after 7 years of development.

18. Post
    Was totally about to post that!

Its a late Beta though, so for me at least I will be waiting.

19. Post
    That looks so damn good, deserves it's own install and mod setup, I see myself trekking New Cali late 2019 with this current backlog of amazing

20. Post
    Thoughts from anyone that's tried the mod?

21. Post
    A Tale of Two Wastelands just had a massive update and complete rebuild.

It ports Fallout 3 into Fallout NV and you can play both games and dlc with the same character. You can easily switch between the two locations by visiting train stations.
    The changelog for this update is over 30,000 lines long. So here is the link to the mod and the very in depth FAQ

What is TTW?

Tale of Two Wastelands is a total conversion project that seamlessly merges Fallout 3 and its DLC into Fallout: New Vegas, allowing both games to be played in a single playthrough. It upgrades Fallout 3's mechanics to those of FNV without compromising the feel and balance of the original. New Vegas mechanics like companion wheel, companion perks, weapon mods, crafting, recipes, harvestable plants, and poisons have been added to the DC wasteland items, NPCs, and world.

22. Post
    Damn that's a huge undertaking - **** modders are amazing.