1. Post
    **** their timezones

regards,
    4 kids and full time job

2. Post
    d-d-d-d-double post

Looks like a potent bowling attack. Might pay to bowl first if we can help it.

3. Post
    Remember we picked Chapman on the back of plenty of T20 runs at home? Well, he flopped. Phillips has been tearing up on slow T20 pitches all year in the CPL and got two fifties this tour in the T20's for NZA, flopped for BC's.

11 match winning streak v PAK in ODI's. Our T20 team is just pretty weak. Glad Milne didn't make the ODI squad... just another Anderson.

4. Post
    [QUOTE=<N>;11227370 Glad Milne didn't make the ODI squad... just another Anderson.[/QUOTE]

In that he is always injured?
    Was he injured for the last t20 or just rested?

Ferguson is more reliable than Milne but goes for 5 more runs every ten overs of bowling

Skill testing question for anyone without googling
    Who has the better odi sr out of the two of them ?

5. Post
    Goooooooooooo Boult!!!!! that was awesome!!!
    Last edited by Sapper Wang; 8th November 2018 at 5:54 am.

6. Post
    father boult!!

7. Post
    That's more like it.

"Pakistan in ODIs in 2018:

Played NZ 6 times, lost all 6
    Played India 2 times, lost 2
    Played Bangladesh 1 time and lost"

They're like the opposite to us. I'd rather be good at ODI's than T20 though...
    Last edited by <N>; 8th November 2018 at 9:09 am.

8. Post
    Lots of positives to take from this game...

Munro got a start
    Ross and Kane and Latham (our engine room and one of the better ones in the world came through)
    The tail wagged. We were 7 for 210 and made it to 265. I can't remember the last time that happened. First time Southee has scored a twenty in a while.

Nicholls and Worker didn't get starts and will want to do better in the next game(s).

9. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    Lots of positives to take from this game...

Munro got a start
    Ross and Kane and Latham (our engine room and one of the better ones in the world came through)
    The tail wagged. We were 7 for 210 and made it to 265. I can't remember the last time that happened. First time Southee has scored a twenty in a while.

Nicholls and Worker didn't get starts and will want to do better in the next game(s).
    Exactly why I wasn't a fan of breaking up the Kane-Ross-Latham order for Young. Sure, Worker failed... but it did allow our best to fire and bat most of the innings. Worker certainly needs a big final two matches to keep in contention.

Not sure who is the next in line really.

New kit...

Last edited by <N>; 8th November 2018 at 1:23 pm.

10. Post
    The win was more of a relief than anything else, would've been a bit of a shocker if we had lost our first 4 matches on tour, even though 3 were only 20/20s, now we can go into the 2nd ODI with some decent confidence.

11. Post
    The only down side to that game was Hafeez still gets away with chucking.

12. Post
    signman wrote:
    The win was more of a relief than anything else, would've been a bit of a shocker if we had lost our first 4 matches on tour, even though 3 were only 20/20s, now we can go into the 2nd ODI with some decent confidence.
    Half the team barely featured in the T20's, doubt there was a confidence issue.

"Henry Nicholls has had an Interesting year in ODI Cricket.

50, 0, 52*, 1, 0, 1, 0, 13*, 55, 0.

Average of 21.50 in 10 Innings, 3 Fifties and 4 Ducks."

They seemed to go easy on Nicholls in all formats. Way harder on guys like Neesham.

13. Post
    <N> wrote:

They seemed to go easy on Nicholls in all formats. Way harder on guys like Neesham.
    My observation is that they go by career average quite a bit. Nicholls averages 31 which is still ok. Neesham ended up with 27 and anything less than 30 gets you dropped.

If Nicholls fails in the next two games he will go below 30 as well and his place will come into question.

I would replace him with Santner.

14. Post
    Bloodline wrote:
    The only down side to that game was Hafeez still gets away with chucking.
    yeah i saw on the news that Taylor signalled it to the umpires and the pakis spat the dummy and complained

15. Post
    <N> wrote:
    Worker failed... but it did allow our best to fire and bat most of the innings. Worker certainly needs a big final two matches to keep in contention.

Not sure who is the next in line really.
    I think they see Worker as emergency cover . Somehow they forsee a low probability he will be needed in the world cup and as such they are chilled about how many runs he scores.

At least he chewed up 8 balls before getting out. He had a 13 run partnership for the 1st wicket last night. Sometimes as a number three I just wanted my openers to at least last the first two overs and Worker did that.

16. Post
    turning_point wrote:
    yeah i saw on the news that Taylor signalled it to the umpires and the pakis spat the dummy and complained
    Yep. They were saying it is not in the spirit of the game. Yet cheating is? Okay buddy. The guy has been banned before for chucking. It ain't like this is new.

17. Post
    I reckon Ross has faced enough chuckers in his day to be able to spot something off with an action, better than umpires. Hafeez should not be allowed to bowl, simple. How many times can one get banned ffs? He's going to revert during games.

18. Post
    Chuckers are hard to face because they come on at an awkward speed off the pitch

Just a comment
    Last edited by wrighty; 8th November 2018 at 9:47 pm.

19. Post
    Rachin digging in again. Currently 50* from 108.

20. Post
    Todd Astle, come on man. I can understand fast bowlers going down often, but a lightweight spinner? Ah well, chance for Ish.

oddjob wrote:
    Rachin digging in again. Currently 50* from 108.
    Wags too diggin in with a 50. Good to see some form from Jeet.

21. Post
    The new ODI kit is ugly as.

22. Post
    Soui wrote:
    The new ODI kit is ugly as.
    lol, apart from the collar it's almost identical. Black and white is better than black and silver.

23. Post
    <N> wrote:
    Todd Astle, come on man. I can understand fast bowlers going down often, but a lightweight spinner? Ah well, chance for Ish.

Wags too diggin in with a 50. Good to see some form from Jeet.
    Don’t leg spinners rotate their planted leg to get more turn? Those repeated rotational forces could be quite significant

24. Post
    Somerville called up to replace Astle

Some off spinner kiwi born who played for new south wales

25. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    Somerville called up to replace Astle

Some off spinner kiwi born who played for new south wales
    Larsen reckons he has good control & variation, also the height to get that added bounce, bats well too... be interesting to see how he goes.