Dayum. Shit getting real.

2. Post
    turning_point wrote:
    i think Nicholls has won me over now
    If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with

3. Post
    kopkiwi wrote:
    Dayum. Shit getting real.
    This looks to be a fantastic end to a very difficult tour.

But now with Old Man Santner, Young man but with old knee Santner, Forever injured Tastle and Patel - what is the spin bowler rankings for the test team now? I have Patel last. And I remain hopeful for Tastle...

But Old man Santner is doing well on debut... Even his 99 ball 12 was a critical innings.

If he finishes this off - people will wonder in 50 years - how did this guy only ever play one test...
    Last edited by Paddles; 7th December 2018 at 10:41 pm.

4. Post
    Paddles wrote:
    This looks to be a fantastic end to a very difficult tour.

But now with Old Man Santner, Young man but with old knee Santner, Forever injured Tastle and Patel - what is the spin bowler rankings for the test team now? I have Patel last. And I remain hopeful for Tastle...

But Old man Santner is doing well on debut... Even his 99 ball 12 was a critical innings.

If he finishes this off - people will wonder in 50 years - how did this guy only ever play one test...
    He's played 18 first class games, he simply hasn't played much cricket... plus he's been off in Aussie for years to boot. Last time he played in NZ was yonks ago.

Another

5. Post
    <N> wrote:
    He's played 18 first class games, he simply hasn't played much cricket... plus he's been off in Aussie for years to boot. Last time he played in NZ was yonks ago.

Another
    Somerville's last games in NZ from yonks ago:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8...shield-2018-19

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8...trophy-2018-19

5 Ford Trophy games this season as well...

Anyway, now I understand that you're rather delightful this evening, but notwithstanding, I do not understand what Somerville's 18 FC games, time in Australia, or anything else has to do with his excellent debut, nor knowing where the 4 potential test spin bowlers are now ranked.

Is it

1 Tastle 2 Santner 3 Somervill 4 Patel
    or
    1 Santner 2 Patel 3 Somerville 4 Tastle
    or so on and so forth. Which was the only question that I asked. There is a very good chance, this will be Somerville's only test ever, he could however be in the test team for the first Sri Lankan test.

I have no idea how the selectors will rank the spinners now. If you do - please share.

How are the top 4 ranked...?

Is it based on who spent the least time in Australia and who's surname is not Sodhi?

Or who has played the most FC games not called Sodhi?

I am just trying to determine the 'relevance' of the facts you stated to the lack of his further or alternatively to his continued selection...

Maybe if he is a 1 test wonder, people in 50 years time will get a breakdown on cricinfo like Rodney Redmond has... (that said, people still bring that up today not knowing about the contact lens issue...) I do hope he plays more first class matches this season and next, though... :-)
    Last edited by Paddles; 8th December 2018 at 12:13 am.

6. Post
    Paddles wrote:
    Somerville's last games in NZ from yonks ago:
    I meant before shifting back here this season. He's been back here a few months really...

7. Post
    Taylor you tit. If you aren't offering anything with the bat then you gotta hold everything that comes your way. Could have just cost is the match.

8. Post
    kopkiwi wrote:
    Taylor you tit. If you aren't offering anything with the bat then you gotta hold everything that comes your way. Could have just cost is the match.
    shhhhhhhh, stop being so dramatic

What a grab

9. Post
    That's a top catch Timmy. But what the shit was he thinking with that shot. That is moronic batting.

- - - Updated - - -

<N> wrote:
    shhhhhhhh, stop being so dramatic

What a grab
    Ssshhhh. Just sshhh fill stop mate.

10. Post
    Be ****ing practicing their catching before the next matches that's for sure.

11. Post
    kopkiwi wrote:
    That's a top catch Timmy. But what the shit was he thinking with that shot. That is moronic batting.
    A competent commentator would have remarked on that

12. Post
    Jeets was horrid. Taylor's as bad.

Tough tour, great series win. This has been a highlight for supporting NZC for me. A quality test series win away...

Well done Somers, KW obviously the sublime feature... Nicholls will feel good in the dressing room...

Lots of issues with certain senior players... but a great test series win.

Well done Black Caps! Worth my Sky Bill this month...

13. Post
    lol summerville would of had best figures on debut if taylor and raval didnt drop their catches

14. Post
    turning_point wrote:
    lol summerville would of had best figures on debut if taylor and raval didnt drop their catches
    Heh - well man of the series could be Yasir Shah - I reckon Somerville is happier than him right now :P

15. Post
    What a win, happy to eat my hat regarding Somerville

16. Post
    Indigo1 wrote:
    It's a very good evening for all Black Cap's fans

17. Post
    Wow - did KW just reverse burn Rameez?

I like this side of Kane...

Rameez "you had to wait 49 years to see NZ through (beating Pak away)

KW "I didn't wait 49 years...."

LOL!

And then with a touch of class in his final words toasts Hafeez's career which Rameez had not done.

KW is a great amabassador for NZC...

18. Post
    Indigo1 wrote:
    Yeah Somerville was great. Nice and accurate. Earned himself a few more I reckon.

19. Post
    For NZ to beat Pak in their own conditions make it a bloody outstanding test series win, they showed plenty of guts & fight in this one, hopefully we see much more of that sort of focus in test matches in the future no matter where we play a test.

Did mention before Somerville had played a test he'd probably perform well, at 34 was very likely that he was going to have good maturity to be able to handle the pressure situations.

20. Post
    TIL that there was a thread for this series all along...

21. Post
    Kcm_999 wrote:
    TIL that there was a thread for this series all along...
    Ahaha - I still enjoyed talking to you in the intl cricket thread, though

22. Post
    Lol - Fox Sports News Aus just reported this test was Southee's farewell and retirement game.

Are NZC players deliberately being trolled this week?