1. Post
    Jezuz that ref thinks the rebels are angels.

Hurricanes only collapse the scrum, rebels only ever slip for a reset.

Hurricanes are always offside, rebels never offside... ever.

2. Post
    Vulcan wrote:

Rebels scrum was dominant - that was fair enough. Too'maga Allen and Eves got minced all night.

3. Post
    Just back from the game. Actually I am on the train back to the Hutt at the moment with 500 other well entertained fans.

I want to go again now although prices for tickets were steep for essentially a provincial standard match. Cost me $43 which is more than a cricket international match.

It was exhilarating to watch huge athletes run at sub 10.3 pace for 100 metres down the field. Wow. Great game.

Nic berry was the referee and I thought he was the best referee I have seen in the past 5 years who isn’t part of the international elite panel of referees. I predict he will get a test soon.

Laumaupe is a beast.

4. Post
    Vulcan wrote:

Yet the ref should have binned one if not two Hurricanes forwards. But didn’t.

5. Post
    I really want to know what Wainui has on Rennie

6. Post
    Masterclass from Smith (Apart from his tackling)

7. Post
    Is this a break out game for the Highlanders Ioane? Because he is showing real moves now, still super raw but this is good for the Highlanders

8. Post
    <N> wrote:
    Wut? Who?

Calling it now - Luke JACOBSEN ABs bolter

9. Post
    ****, knee issue for Ben Smith. If that is a tear then he is gone for the RWC as well

10. Post
    AB WC dream killer more like.

11. Post
    What an idiot decision by Whitelock to go for 3.

12. Post
    Tevita li is average af, that pass at the end cemented it.

How tf did they draw that, maaaan.

13. Post
    Ugh that was poor

14. Post
    Well it was a more entertaining draw than the other one this weekend, at least both teams were attacking and scoring tries in this one.

15. Post
    <N> wrote:
    Colin Cooper has been coaching the Chiefs since last year lol.

16. Post
    Gerter wrote:
    Tevita li is average af
    This

17. Post
    Wow, whoever this ref is he's atrocious.

18. Post
    oh dear the Blues, simple maul defense is beyond them

19. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    oh dear the Blues, simple maul defense is beyond them
    Got to admit the Brumbies do a bloody good maul though.

20. Post
    yes they do and they are well known for it. Which is why having a week off before this you should be 100% prepared for this kind of tactic.

admittedly losing 2 ppl to Yellows is part of the problem

21. Post
    Otere having a shocker with the boot didn't help either.

22. Post
    Vulcan wrote:

Yeah, the Aussie ref was a bit of a tosser... also noticed a few times when we got pinged near the sideline he'd say to the Rebels I saw that the Canes were offside earlier so would you prefer to take the penalty in the middle of the field instead, unbelievable !

23. Post
    Brilliant running by the Canes backs in the 1st half, in the 2nd half they had most of the pill keeping it in the forwards starving our backs which was obviously their game plan in the last 40 min, Rebels completely dominated our scrum & got a lot of penalties from it, but some of the penalties they got from scrummaging were hard to work out... the Canes scrum definitely shouldn't be as pathetic as it is, so the question has to be asked how often do the Canes practice their scrummaging at training ? from what I can see they don't seem to put a lot of work into that area otherwise they wouldn't be so poor at scrum time against all teams.

Highlanders/Chiefs match was a good watch, Highlanders probably should've won, but had to admire the guts shown by the Chiefs to stay in the game.

Didn't see the Blues/Brumbies game, but was surprised the Brumbies won, sounds like they got their rolling mauls off lineouts going well, if you can take away their rolling mauls they don't have much else to attack you with.

24. Post
    Hurricanes the only NZ team to get a win this weekend.

Spoiler:

25. Post
    Went to the Highlanders game, and it changed considerably when A. Smith went off - there is such a gap between him and Hammington. I couldn't believe they waited so long to bring Frizzell on, especially since it was such a physical match. Our front row have been playing so well lately too. Atu Moli is an absolute beast, but man he gets round the park. Even at 60th minute he was still one of the first hitting rucks. Josh Ioane, yet another player to eave the AKL region and succeed...not like they are producing many good 1st fives up there either