1. Post
    I can see the bulls dropping their game against the lions. That way they go play the brumbies instead of the hurricanes. Where the system is flawed.. Want to be lower on the table to play a worse team, makes no sense.

2. Post
    Well, once again, the same broken record plays for the Blues, they managed to throw away a large lead and lose with multiple penalties and a lack of composure . If i was Barett i would stay with the Canes. You cannot coach this mob out of their lack of guts .

3. Post
    Typical Blues. That hand off on Nonu though.

4. Post
    Blues better do some serious recruitment for next year. Without nanai, scrafton, nonu and Williams. They are going to be very short on talent. Ioane has been pretty average his season, nanai has been a stand out. Had Umaga played him all season at 15 last year he may have stayed in NZ and made the abs

5. Post
    Talent isn't their problem, so much as playing as a team. Will take time to instill that.

6. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    Talent isn't their problem, so much as playing as a team. Will take time to instill that.
    For years the Blues have played rubbish though & there's no excuse for that whatsoever, to play well as a team each individual has to execute their roles well & get combinations going good too etc, which then gives you good continuity as a unit, no doubt there's a lot of talent in the Blues franchise, but their players are consistently making stupid mistakes at vital times in matches through really poor concentration & lack of composure, there's no way the Canes should've won that match with the big lead the Blues had at half time.

7. Post
    Hah, Highlanders sneak in. Cheers Bulls.

Hopefully Bender will be available/allowed to play.

8. Post
    Haha just saw bulls result. Crazy.

9. Post
    Say the Crusaders lost (although I think they have won 28 in a row at home), do they get a second chance?

10. Post
    Indigo1 wrote:
    Say the Crusaders lost (although I think they have won 28 in a row at home), do they get a second chance?
    Nope it's knockout stage now.

I hope we see a hurricanes jaguares final.

11. Post
    Nope, imagine knocking them out haha. I'm expecting a hiding though... Atleast highlanders only have to travel up the road.

12. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Literally every time Glen Jackson refs the blues he is so ****ing harsh on them.compared to any other team. So shit
    Yeah nah, he hates the canes more. He was playing the "blue shirts can't be offside" rule for most of the game. It was ridiculous. There was a few forward passes that went begging as well.

13. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    Yeah nah, he hates the canes more. He was playing the "blue shirts can't be offside" rule for most of the game. It was ridiculous. There was a few forward passes that went begging as well.
    Every NZ derby Glen Jackson had reffed has been a shocker. The blues have the best scrum in the comp but somehow I when Jackson is reffing they get penalized. And some shocking calls from him last night about hands in the ruck etc. Best team won but was shit reffing.

14. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Nope it's knockout stage now.

I hope we see a hurricanes jaguares final.
    I hope the Chiefs knock out Argentina this week.

15. Post
    Indigo1 wrote:
    FYI the Crusaders have never lost a home playoff game in the over 2 decades the comp has been running and Richie will be sitting behind the full strength mythical ' Rolls Royce' forward pack for the first time this season.

So I'm quielty confident. If the Highlanders can overcome that, then they better go on to win the title.

16. Post
    Highlanders are looking pretty good, if you do beat them you could play us in the semi HELL KNIGHT & Canes are going to be difficult to beat, our forwards have improved a lot, our set pieces are certainly better, especially our scrums, so reckon that match would be a ripper, by the way mate did you realise the Canes won 12 matches to the Crusaders 11

17. Post
    That is only because the terrorist attack here meant we didn't play one game and dodgy officiating (that was admitted by SANZAAR after the fact) cost us the other game in SA - our points difference and bonus points blows everyone else away.

In the 3 games we've had with you so far this year (including pre-season) we've handsomely beaten you every time, so you'd want to hope as Canes supporter they play better if they end up playing us, and make a real game of it

And being you've never beaten us in a playoff match and your one title comes from when someone else knocked us out, that is a pretty big monkey on your backs

The Puma's are at the top of my most concerning opponents list, simply because we haven't played them this season and they play just that little bit more differently to teams here.

18. Post
    You still got a couple of points from that cancelled match though & to be fair the standard of all the refs is pretty bloody awful, so all teams would've felt at some stage they would've lost a match through dodgy refereeing.

Doesn't matter that you've beaten us a few times this season in the comp it's the playoffs that count, also pre-season matches don't mean much as all teams always interchange a ton of players throughout games to try and get their best combos etc.

let's be honest though your blokes have won a lot of titles because you consistently dominate all the other team in the forwards at the set pieces, but as mentioned the Canes have made real improvements in the forwards throughout the season to the point where we're looking pretty solid there going into the playoffs.

Having Coles & Evans back in the pack in our last few matches has definitely helped too, so if we can compete well against the Crusaders pack for the whole game which I reckon we will your blokes will be in big trouble with the backs we have

Don't see the Puma's as much of a threat, they're so predictable, really lack imagination, the only reason they beat us in Wgtn was because we had an absolute howler, all of our players had hands like feet that night, probably the worse match I've seen the Canes play.

Canes front row is going well, we also now have a couple of 120kg plus locks to add that real grunt behind the front 3 which we were missing for most of the year, think Fitita is out of the quarter-final ? but him, Savea & Evans make a pretty deadly loose forward combo, things are looking good

19. Post
    Highlanders go missing in the second half, can't see the Crusaders losing.

20. Post
    Did not have a problem with the ref on the Blues. They just did dumb things . They are flat track bullies, during the 1st half when the Canes were setup to lose by their own team selections and resting of key players, the Blues dominated as the pack rolled forward, the centers made ground and the wings scored tries. When the Canes came out in the 2nd half, probably getting a wind up from their coaches about actually playing the game, and some 1st choice players came onto the field, the Blues wilted like dead flowers.

Under pressure, their composure and discipline just went out the window. Plummer, fresh from the bench , came on and then tried to grubber from his own 22. That is the kind of wtf that no coach would have instilled in their players. Heck if i was a even more cynical, i would say multiple blues players took bribes to fix the result given how lackluster and almost farcically bad they became. But given the years repeated showings, it is more a case of the flat track bullies showing their lack of fight and composure when faced with resistance. A better player and team would have reached deep down, drew upon their training and trust their team mates to do the same to pull out a win. The Blues could not, at least it been missing the few crucial matches . They lack the heart.

21. Post
    'Saders three peat

22. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    MY TEAM IS BETTER THAN YOUR TEAM
    Basically

23. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    Yeah, that's for sure, also noticed a couple of times Jackson only played a very short penalty advantage to the Canes, you hardly ever seen that happen in matches.

24. Post
    Reckon SBW's is really going to hinder us if he starts in the main games at the RWC & what were those Sky commentators smoking saying SBW's had a very good match, complete nonsence he did **** all, thought it was an absolute joke when he shoved a Canes player out the way & they didn't even ping him... he's predictability personified, easy to nullify, all players need to do is tackle him high which puts a lot of pressure on his short offloads, then mark his players close to him either side of the bloke tightly.
    Last edited by signman; 17th June 2019 at 12:52 pm.

25. Post
    oddjob wrote:
    Basically
    Hard to argue with cold hard facts