BLUES v CRUSADERS {Eden Park, Auckland} - 7.35pm
    WARATAHS V CANES {Sydney} - 9.45pm
    SUNWOLVES v SHARKS {Singapore} - 11.55pm

Sun-17th Feb :
    BULLS v STORMERS {Pretoria} - 4.15am
    JAGUARES v LION {Buenos Aires} - 10.40am

Bye :
    REDS
    Last edited by signman; 18th January 2019 at 6:42 pm.

2. Post
    Ooh, less than a month till the journey for the three-peat commences
    Last edited by HELL KNIGHT; 20th January 2019 at 2:54 pm. Reason: typo

3. Post
    Nah mate, this is the year the Canes win their 2nd comp

4. Post
    How cute, we're going for our 10th

5. Post
    Ouch ! ...if we are going to have a good chance though we can't afford to get too many major injuries in our incumbent tight-five, Canes just don't have the depth off the bench in those positions, we desperately need to buy in more tight forwards so we have a good starting tight-five & good depth off the bench in props & locks.

6. Post
    I think Waikato(Chiefs) have only won once as well.

7. Post
    ^They have two, they won 2012 and 2013.

8. Post
    It always blows my mind that this competition starts mid February

9. Post
    Anyone know what the deal is with ABs minutes?

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/sport...e-drought.html

This article makes it sound like they can only play 20 minutes in their first 3 games which seems a bit ridiculous.

"The [All Blacks] have 60 minutes off each in the first three games, 20 minutes off the next game and so forth, so the way you structure it depends on the context of the game and the welfare of the player."

10. Post
    Certainly makes Scott Robertson's life hard going for the three-peat, despite him saying he isn't fazed.

11. Post
    shadowguy wrote:

This article makes it sound like they can only play 20 minutes in their first 3 games which seems a bit ridiculous.

"The [All Blacks] have 60 minutes off each in the first three games, 20 minutes off the next game and so forth, so the way you structure it depends on the context of the game and the welfare of the player."
    I heard them talking about it the other day and I thought it was they were allowed to play 180 minutes over 3 games....so 60 minutes total, rather than per game.

12. Post
    shadowguy wrote:

Sounds like total crap, if that is the case it's bloody ludicrous, that rubbish is probably almost as bad as Hansen's dumb arse game plan for ABs last year... ffs! if they want to give the ABs a bit less game time in a few matches just allow them to be on the bench & let the super rugby coaches decide when they want to bring them on so each NZ team can get the best value out of their ABs during a game.

13. Post
    signman wrote:
    Sounds like total crap, if that is the case it's bloody ludicrous, that rubbish is probably almost as bad as Hansen's dumb arse game plan for ABs last year... ffs! if they want to give the ABs a bit less game time in a few matches just allow them to be on the bench & let the super rugby coaches decide when they want to bring them on so each NZ team can get the best value out of their ABs during a game.
    They can do that if they want to? It makes sense though, while the ABs were touring, other super players were resting...because the ABs were rested later they don’t have the same pre season training under their belt and possibly at greater risk of injuries given the intensity of the game these days...esp local derbys

14. Post
    Indigo1 wrote:
    They can do that if they want to? It makes sense though, while the ABs were touring, other super players were resting...because the ABs were rested later they don’t have the same pre season training under their belt and possibly at greater risk of injuries given the intensity of the game these days...esp local derbys
    Lets be honest to allocate a player an exact amount of minutes to play is pedantically silly, as said just put players on the bench & let the super coaches use them when they want to.

Also there were only about 4 or 5 matches on that end of year tour & they took about 500 ABs also the AB's would've had a couple of months off since, that's certainly plenty of rest time, pointless trying to wrap players up in cotton wool too much as they can easily get injuries at training anyway, which has happened plenty of times.

15. Post
    Indigo1 wrote:
    I heard them talking about it the other day and I thought it was they were allowed to play 180 minutes over 3 games....so 60 minutes total, rather than per game.
    Yeah I read that too but then he says "20 minutes off the next game and so forth" after the first three games which doesn't really make sense as that would be the same thing as the 180 minutes across the first three games.

16. Post
    signman wrote:
    Name:  A - ball on goal line.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  6.4 KB

WEEK 1.
    Fri-15th Feb :
    CHIEFS v HIGHLANDERS {FMG Stadium Waikato, Hamilton} - 7.35pm
    BRUMBIES v REBELS {Canberra} - 9.45pm

Sat-16th Feb :
    BLUES v CRUSADERS {Eden Park, Auckland} - 7.35pm
    WARATAHS V CANES {Sydney} - 9.45pm
    SUNWOLVES v SHARKS {Singapore} - 11.55pm

Sun-17th Feb :
    BULLS v STORMERS {Pretoria} - 4.15am
    JAGUARES v LION {Buenos Aires} - 10.40am

Bye :
    REDS
    Looking forward to watching next week.

17. Post
    Hell yeah can't wait!

18. Post
    Yup, great game to start off with too.

Would love for the Blues to destroy the Saders.

19. Post
    koldz wrote:
    Yup, great game to start off with too.

Would love for the Blues to destroy the Saders.
    It will happen

20. Post
    Dreams are free!

21. Post

22. Post
    LOL and I thought the Blues were having first-five problems!

23. Post
    Orbyn Leger starting at 10 for Chiefs wtf lol

24. Post
    shadowguy wrote:
    Orbyn Leger starting at 10 for Chiefs wtf lol
    Wtf!

25. Post
    Haha I thought I had mis remembered who Leger was when I saw him named at 10

Nope

GL Chiefs