Page 5 of 30 First ... 234567815 ... Last

1. Post
    ludez wrote:
    I was meaning against NZ teams. They'll struggle for sure against the bulls and probably rebels. But the rest should be easy for them
    I don't know why you think they'll play worse against the other NZ teams throughout the season, than they did in a first round game against the back to back champs. Unless you still don't rate the Crusaders for some strange bias reason.

The other NZ teams don't have a forward pack that can bully them around, like what happened to them last night for starters.

2. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    LOL what. I know you hate the Crusaders, but cmon.

Was a shit night with the boot all round, and Mo'unga won't be happy with that start. I am glad the Blues were able to make it a competitive game in the second half, I'd much rather we beat them like that, than continually stomp them. They actually look like they might finally beat an NZ team this season.

Good luck to any team trying to repel out rolling maul though - that was mint, especially after the Blues brought on two of the biggest All Blacks, and we still steamrolled them for that second penalty try
    Didnt they come on after the second penalty try? They won quite a few scrums I thought. Really felt that the Blues were hard done by. Poor kicking, and poor decision making - but the ref def seemed to be going easy on the crusaders.

3. Post
    Equity wrote:
    Didnt they come on after the second penalty try?
    Nope, they came on when we were defending on our line and Tuungafasi scored the try, then Ennor used his pace to set up the field position that led to our second penalty try.

4. Post
    Hmmm ill take ya word for it. Thought tu'inukuafe made quite a diff to the scrum and they were more dominant after he came on (winning a few scrum penalties at the crusaders end). Ennor played really well. Huge fan of Bridge too. All in all was a decent game to watch. Prob game of the weekend for me.

5. Post
    Both teams won 100% of their scrum feeds. The Blues had twice as man put-ins. The Crusaders as you'd expect just got more results off theirs.

6. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    I don't know why you think they'll play worse against the other NZ teams throughout the season, than they did in a first round game against the back to back champs. Unless you still don't rate the Crusaders for some strange bias reason.

The other NZ teams don't have a forward pack that can bully them around, like what happened to them last night for starters.
    Because it's the blues. They should have won that game, and it's just going to be same old same old again

7. Post
    This Julian Savea thing is embarrassing. Does his missus not know you can set social media to private? also if he is so sensitive to trolls maybe not best to have insta?

8. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    I didn't watch the game, but it was a penalty fest by the sounds of things. You'll be wanting them to be better than that next week against us.
    Was shocking refereeing against the Canes, the ref was more of a bloody threat against us than the Waratahs were, so thought it was a top effort to sneak the win.

9. Post
    #BREAKING: @Highlanders’ Sio Tomkinson has red card v Chiefs dismissed.

Judicial process finds “The referee was wrong in issuing the Red Card”

fkn lol. Yeah, don't put it on report. Just get it wrong and deal with it later.

10. Post
    Lol, whose in the wrong though, Jackson or the Tmo.

11. Post
    Name:  A - rugby.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  4.6 KB
    ROUND 2.

Fri 22nd Feb :
    HIGHLANDERS v REDS {Dunedin} - 7.35pm

Sat 23rd Feb :
    SUNWOLVES v WARATAHS {Tokyo} - 5.15pm
    CRUSADERS v CANES {ChCh} - 7.35pm
    BRUMBIES v CHIEFS {Canberra} - 9.45pm

Sun 24th Feb :
    SHARKS v BLUES {Durban} - 2.05am
    STORMERS v LIONS {Cape Town} - 4.15am
    JAGUARES v BULLS {Buenos Aires} - 10.40am

BYE :
    REBELS
    Last edited by signman; 21st February 2019 at 1:02 pm.

12. Post
    Name:  A - diving try.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  6.5 KB
    Fri 22nd Feb {Dunedin} - 7.35pm
    http://www.superxv.com/hemopo-return...-against-reds/

HIGHLANDERS : Ayden Johnstone , Liam Coltman , Tyrel Lomax , Jackson Hemopo , Josh Dickson , Shannon Frizell , Dillon Hunt , Luke Whitelock (cc) , Aaron Smith , Josh Ioane , Tevita Li , Teihorangi Walden , Rob Thompson , Waisake Naholo , Ben Smith (cc)
    Reserves : Ash Dixon , Daniel Lienert-Brown , Siate Tokolahi , Jack Whetton , Marino Mikaele Tu’u , Kayne Hammington , Marty Banks , Matt Faddes.

REDS : 1. Feao Fotuaika, 2. Brandon Paenga-Amosa, 3. Taniela Tupou 4. Izack Rodda (vc) 5. Lukhan Salakaia-Loto ,6. Angus Scott-Young , 7. Liam Wright – Easts, 8. Caleb Timu, 9. Moses Sorovi , 10. Hamish Stewart , 11. Sefa Naivalu, 12. Samu Kerevi (c) , 13. Jordan Petaia, 14. Chris Feauai-Sautia , 15. Bryce Hegarty.
    Reserves : 16. Alex Mafi , 17. Harry Hoopert, 18. Ruan Smith, 19. Harry Hockings , 20. Fraser McReight, 21. Tate McDermott, 22. Duncan Paia’aua, 23. Isaac Lucas.

Odds : Highlanders $1.06 - Reds $9.30
    https://www.tab.co.nz/sports/event/4...landers-v-reds

13. Post
    Damn, those TAB odds on the Reds are a bit nuts.

14. Post
    It's their first game too, so who knows what could happen.

15. Post
    Looks like the Hurricanes have already written off this week's match before it even starts.

Having said that, with the terrible squad they selected (again) there really isn't much else that can be done. Same old names, same old useless props we see every year that aren't up to it, gonna get monstered in the forwards and what little ball the backs might see will be ineffective against that Crusaders defense... especially with both TJ and BB not there to at least try and point them the correct direction.

Combine that with no Ardie lolol, they're dunzo.

16. Post
    And to think we are still can't play Read, Whitelock and Taylor - we are lucky to have such depth.

17. Post
    Looked forward to faddes

18. Post
    Sort the ****ing lineout, Jesus. That's 2 tries off failed lineouts. Atleast this ref is consistant with his terrible calls.

19. Post
    The Reds look very good.

20. Post
    Boy Faddes was absolutely brilliant.

21. Post
    Highlanders were lucky to get away with that. Told you those TAB odds were whack.

22. Post
    Good effort from the Reds. Scrum was boss first half.
    Rodda was everywhere.

23. Post
    Haha I'm in 2 minds cause I had a cheeky 20 on the reds

24. Post
    Great game. Petaia (sp?) was classy.

25. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    Highlanders were lucky to get away with that. Told you those TAB odds were whack.
    Yeah the head starts for the reds were generous.