Page 1 of 45 123411 ... Last

1. Post

Super Rugby 2019

2019 Blues squad:

Outside Backs: Caleb Clarke, Michael Collins, Matt Duffie, Rieko Ioane, Melani Nanai, Jordan Trainor.

Midfield: Levi Aumua, TJ Faiane, Ma'a Nonu, Tanielu Tele'a, Sonny Bill Williams.

First-fives: Otere Black, Stephen Perofeta, Harry Plummer.

Halfbacks: Sam Nock, Augustine Pulu, Jonathan Ruru.

Loose forwards: Jed Brown, Blake Gibson, Akira Ioane, Dalton Papalii, Tom Robinson, Hoskins Sotutu, Jimmy Tupou.

Locks: Gerard Cowley-Tuioti, Josh Goodhue, Jacob Pierce, Scott Scrafton, Patrick Tuipulotu.

Front row: Leni Apisai, Alex Hodgman, Ezekiel Lindenmuth, Sione Mafileo, Matt Moulds, James Parsons, Marcel Renata, Karl Tu'inukuafe, Ofa Tu'ungafasi.
    2019 Crusaders squad:

Props: Michael Alaalatoa, Harry Allan, Owen Franks, Oliver Jager, Joe Moody, Tim Perry

Hooker: Ben Funnell, Andrew Makalio, Codie Taylor

Locks: Scott Barrett, Quinten Strange, Luke Romano, Sam Whitelock

Loosies: Ethan Blackadder, Whetukamokamo Douglas, Mitchell Dunshea, Billy Harmon, Kieran Read, Tom Sanders, Jordan Taufua, Matt Todd

Halfbacks: Mitchell Drummond, Ereatara Enari, Bryn Hall

First-Fives: Brett Cameron, Mitchell Hunt, Richie Mo'unga

Midfield: Tim Bateman, Ryan Crotty, Jack Goodhue, Ngane Punivai

Outsides: George Bridge, Israel Dagg, David Havili, Braydon Ennor, Leicester Faingaanuku, Will Jordan, Manasa Mataele

New players: Harry Allan, Whetukamokamo Douglas, Brett Cameron, Ngane Punivai, Leicester Faingaanuku.

Departed players: Wyatt Crockett, Mike Delany, Jone Macilai, Jack Stratton (replaced injured Enari last year), Seta Tamanivalu, Pete Samu,
    2019 Highlanders squad:

Hookers: Liam Coltman, Ash Dixon, Ray Niuia*

Props: Daniel Lienert-Brown, Josh Iosefa-Scott*, Ayden Johnstone*, Siate Tokolahi, Tyrel Lomax, Sef Fa'agase*

Locks: Tom Franklin, Jackson Hemopo, Paripari Parkinson, Josh Dickson, Jack Whetton*

Loosies: Luke Whitelock, Liam Squire, James Lentjes, Dillon Hunt, Marino Mikaele Tu'u, Shannon Frizell, Elliot Dixon

Halfbacks: Aaron Smith, Kayne Hammington, Folau Fakatava*

First-Fives: Bryn Gatland*, Josh Ioane, Marty Banks

Midfielders: Rob Thompson, Patelesio Tomkinson, Teihorangi Walden, Richard Buckman, Matt Faddes, Thomas Umaga-Jensen

Outside Backs: Waisake Naholo, Tevita Li, Tevita Nabura , Josh McKay , Ben Smith

* new caps
    2019 Chiefs squad

Props: Kane Hames, Aidan Ross, Reuben O'Neill, Nepo Laulala, Atu Moli, Sosefo Kautai, Angus Ta'avao

Hookers: Nathan Harris Liam Polwart, Samisoni Taukei'aho

Locks: Brodie Retallick, Tyler Ardron, Laghlan McWhannell, Michael Allardice, Fin Hoeata

Loose forwards: Mitchell Brown, Taleni Seu, Sam Cane, Mitchell Karpik, Lachlan Boshier, Luke Jacobson, Pita Gus Sowakula

Halfbacks: Brad Weber, Te Toiroa Tahuriorangi, Jonathan Taumateine

First five-eighths: Damian McKenzie, Tiaan Falcon, Jack Debreczeni

Midfielders: Alex Nankivell, Anton Lienert-Brown, Tumua Manu, Bailyn Sullivan

Outside backs: Solomon Alaimalo, Sean Wainui, Ataata Moeakiola, Etene Nanai-Seturo, Shaun Stevenson, Marty McKenzie
    2019 Hurricanes squad:

Outside backs: Jordie Barrett, Ben Lam, Jonah Lowe, Nehe Milner-Skudder, James Marshall, Salesi Rayasi.

Midfield backs: Vince Aso, Wes Goosen, Ngani Laumape, Billy Proctor, Matt Proctor.

First five-eighths: Beauden Barrett, Jackson Garden-Bachop, Fletcher Smith.

Halfbacks: Finlay Christie, Richard Judd, TJ Perenara.

Loose forwards: Heiden Bedwell-Curtis, Gareth Evans, Vaea Fifita, Sam Henwood, Du'Plessis Kirifi, Reed Prinsep, Ardie Savea.

Locks: James Blackwell, Geoff Cridge, Sam Lousi, Liam Mitchell, Isaia Walker-Leawere.

Props: Fraser Armstrong, Chris Eves, Alex Fidow, Ben May, Toby Smith, Jeff To'omaga-Allen.

Hookers: Asafo Aumua, Dane Coles, Ricky Riccitelli

2. Post
    Good to see Plummer in, too bad a few good players didn't get picked like Abel and Olmstead. Rayasi will be good for the Canes and Manu for the Chiefs.

3. Post
    Did the Blues have first dibs on Rayasi?

4. Post
    Robbie Abel plays for the brumbies unless they axed him.

Surprised James Tucker didn't get a contract, he was one of the very best in mitre 10 cup. Must be the injury concern.

Also surprised that Sevu Reece hasn't got a contract, again one of the very best. Obviously to do with his off field incident but you'd have thought someone would taker a flyer on him, maybe one of the Aussie teams will.

5. Post
    Pretty sure olmstead is heading back overseas too. Reece deserves a contract for sure.

6. Post
    Devrazcini is a great pickup also

7. Post
    First five-eighths: Damian McKenzie, Tiaan Falcon, Jack Debreczeni
    My dearly beloved Chiefs,

Jack Debreczeni is the worst professional rugby player on planet earth, please justify to me as your truest and most loyal fan why you have selected him?

Yours in Faith,

Wrighty

8. Post
    Team,

Are there any new rules for who qualifies for the playoffs, are the conferences any different than last year. Any thing new at all?

9. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    My dearly beloved Chiefs,

Jack Debreczeni is the worst professional rugby player on planet earth, please justify to me as your truest and most loyal fan why you have selected him?

Yours in Faith,

Wrighty
    That is just all kinds if wrong. On what basis do you make that statement?

10. Post
    ludez wrote:
    That is just all kinds if wrong. On what basis do you make that statement?
    I have followed a fair bit of the Rebels, and follow the Australian Super Rugby games with interest because the results a surprise and I like the style of Australian rugby.

Jack D is a very athletic man, he has good running ability and is a decent defender (by memory) but there the list of compliments I can give him stop.
    I am not sure what bothers me more about him, the fact he takes the wrong option every time or the fact he executes the option so badly.

He basically didn't spend enough time practicing his rugby skills as a teen-ager or as an adult. And the fact he was selected for a Super Rugby Franchise was only something that happened because there were 5 franchises in Australia. I don't think he finished up as the rebels first five by the end of the year. Reece Hodge finished up the year at 1st 5 for them.

If you want to rate him and disagree I am fine with diasgreeing. In my mind he is the worst player I have seen in any position on the rugby field at First class rugby level which includes NPC.

11. Post
    Canes weakness (again) is the front 5. The locks and props are weak.

Possible first 15 - Marshall, Goosen and Aso unlucky to miss out. TBH NMS wouldn't make the bench out of those backs for me.

Fletcher Smtih is a great pickup, but it's a big step down from Perenara at 9.

Lots of good loose forward backup, and we're stacked at hooker.

J Barrett
    Lam
    M Proctor
    Laumape
    Rayasi
    B Barrett
    Perenara

A Savea
    Evans
    Fifita
    Lousi
    Walker-Leawere
    Fidow
    Coles
    Smith

12. Post
    Aumua or Riccitelli, tough call unless Coles gets injured again.

13. Post
    koldz wrote:
    Canes weakness (again) is the front 5. The locks and props are weak.
    For yonks Canes have struggled in the tight five area, yet year after year the twats in the Canes organisation do **** all about it ??? it's such a vital part of the game, as mentioned before Crusaders & Cant have won so many titles due mainly to their front 5, we can start a good tight-five, but always lack the depth there coming off the bench & if we lose props & locks to injury during the year we really suffer big time.
    Last edited by signman; 3rd November 2018 at 3:54 pm.

14. Post
    Woah tana demoted to assistant coach at the blues...

15. Post
    Much better for the Blues though as Umaga certainly isn't head coach material.

16. Post
    Ouch surprised it wasn't done when Leon got appointed tbh.

17. Post
    That's for sure, was a bit of a stuff up.

18. Post
    Spotted Sevu Reece training with the saders...

19. Post
    This is why:
    Stuff wrote:
    The Crusaders have brought him in on a replacement contract, meaning he will remain with them until at least the end of the pre-season.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...with-crusaders

20. Post
    Guy deserves a shot.

21. Post
    'Blues will get top 4 this year, but won't win it.

22. Post
    Does this start in February?

23. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    Does this start in February?
    First game Feb 15th.

24. Post
    Matt Proctor leaving Canes - pretty gutted about that.

25. Post
    Yeah, very disappointing, he'll be a massive loss to the Canes, is an excellent organiser of our midfield defence & reader of play on attack, very skillful back, oh well, at least we have him until the end of the super comp.