Page 1 of 26 123411 ... Last

1. Post

All blacks 2019

Squad is here!
    Few surprises and some players missing out.

Hookers
    Asafo Aumua (22, Hurricanes / Wellington, uncapped)
    Dane Coles (32, Hurricanes / Wellington, 60)
    Liam Coltman (29, Highlanders / Otago, 4)
    Codie Taylor (28, Crusaders / Canterbury, 41)

Props
    Owen Franks (31, Crusaders / Canterbury, 106)
    Nepo Laulala (27, Chiefs / Counties Manukau, 17)
    Joe Moody (30, Crusaders /Canterbury, 37)
    Atu Moli (24, Chiefs / Tasman, uncapped)
    Angus Ta’avao (29, Chiefs / Taranaki, 3)
    Karl Tu’inukuafe (26, Blues / North Harbour, 13)
    Ofa Tuungafasi (27, Blues / Auckland, 26)

Locks
    Brodie Retallick (28, Chiefs / Hawke’s Bay, 75)
    Patrick Tuipulotu (26, Blues / Auckland, 21)
    Samuel Whitelock (30, Crusaders / Canterbury, 10

Utility Forward
    Jackson Hemopo (25, Highlanders / Manawatu,3)

Loose Forwards
    Sam Cane (27, Chiefs / Bay of Plenty, 60)
    Vaea Fifita (27, Hurricanes / Wellington, 9)
    Shannon Frizell (25, Highlanders / Tasman, 4)
    Luke Jacobson (22, Chiefs / Waikato, new cap)
    Dalton Papalii (21, Blues / Auckland, 2)
    Kieran Read (33, Crusaders / Counties Manukau, 11 — Captain
    Ardie Savea (25, Hurricanes / Wellington, 35)
    Matt Todd (31, Crusaders / Canterbury, 17)

Backs:

Halfbacks
    TJ Perenara (27, Hurricanes / Wellington, 55)
    Aaron Smith (30, Highlanders / Manawatu, 82)
    Brad Weber (28, Chiefs / Hawke’s Bay, 1)

First five–eighths
    Beauden Barrett (28, Hurricanes / Taranaki, 73)
    Josh Ioane (23, Highlanders / Otago, new cap)
    Richie Mo’unga (25, Crusaders / Canterbury, 9)

Midfielders
    Jack Goodhue (24, Crusaders / Northland, 7)
    Ngani Laumape (26, Hurricanes / Manawatu, 10)
    Anton Lienert-Brown (24, Chiefs / Waikato, 33)
    Sonny Bill Williams (33, Blues / Counties Manukau, 51)

Utility Backs
    Braydon Ennor (21, Crusaders / Canterbury, new cap)
    Jordie Barrett (22, Hurricanes / Taranaki, 9)

Outside backs
    George Bridge (24, Crusaders / Canterbury, 1)
    Rieko Ioane (22, Blues / Auckland, 24)
    Sevu Reece (22, Crusaders / Waikato, new cap)
    Ben Smith (33, Highlanders /Otago, 76)

2. Post
    Quite surprised squire isn't in the 41. I guess he's had a lack of game time and injury prone.

3. Post
    Gerter wrote:
    Quite surprised squire isn't in the 41. I guess he's had a lack of game time and injury prone.
    He told Steve Hansen he wasn't ready to play.

What I'm super confused about is Hansen has always said he won't pick players heading overseas, unless they are established all blacks. So why pick hemopo? Why not pick nanai then if that's the case

4. Post
    Awesome squad! Stoked for Weber, Ennor, Reece and Ioane. Ennor is fast becoming a favourite. Picking mostly on form.

ludez wrote:
    He told Steve Hansen he wasn't ready to play.

What I'm super confused about is Hansen has always said he won't pick players heading overseas, unless they are established all blacks. So why pick hemopo? Why not pick nanai then if that's the case
    Cause all the other outside backs are so much better than Nanai. You've always rated him though...

5. Post
    ;11311755 wrote:
    Awesome squad! Stoked for Weber, Ennor, Reece and Ioane. Ennor is fast becoming a favourite. Picking mostly on form.

Cause all the other outside backs are so much better than Nanai. You've always rated him though...
    Did you see nanais stats this season?

6. Post
    No Harris

7. Post
    If he was not named this time round can't see Akira ever making it.

8. Post
    jords wrote:
    If he was not named this time round can't see Akira ever making it.
    Hansen gave his reasons why and said if he can do a few things differently hell definitely be in the all blacks. But it all up to Akira.

I would have put Tom Robinson in over hemopo

9. Post
    ludez wrote:
    I would have put Tom Robinson in over hemopo
    Injured..

10. Post
    oddjob wrote:
    Injured..
    Oh shit didn't even realize that

11. Post
    oddjob wrote:
    No Harris

Glad that Reece and Ennor got in.

Sucks that Crotty an S Barrett are out injured. Especially feel for Crotty not getting to play what would have been his last game for the Crusaders in the final this weekend.

12. Post
    Reece, ennor, bridge stoked to see them in there. Brilliant players.

Also stoked to see the beast tuipolotu back in

13. Post
    Gonna be hard to trim that squad to 32 especially when you add Crotty, Barrett and Squire (potentially) back into the mix

14. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Hansen gave his reasons why and said if he can do a few things differently hell definitely be in the all blacks. But it all up to Akira.

Typical Hansen, comes up with nonsense like a player needs to work on their game if he doesn't want to select them, when you know that player should make the squad in place of someone else, no doubt Akira should've been selected.

Laumape showed his class in the semi against Crusaders scoring 2 tries, one through brutal power the other through very smart quick thinking & really good skill using his chest to control the ball to guide it through & regather... we all know if Crotty had been fit Laumape wouldn't have even made his squad, which would be totally crazy !

15. Post
    Mentioned not that long ago I don't think we'll see Akira in a black jersey and still stand by that. Akira is an immense talent but even I've now noticed his work ethic is seriously lacking. You'd have hoped that the all blacks would have put him into the environment and shown him or let him experience what it's like at test level.

They threw jordie Barrett in before he even played super rugby.

16. Post
    Lol @ sbw.

17. Post
    no real surprises there except for Squire. Also the Locks seem the most vulnerable to injury.

No surprise Akira did not make it, work rate dropped off etc . Ah well, if he does not fit in their gmaeplan, , he does not fit.

Not sure about Ennor after the last game, he was caught out by the Canes in positioning. But it is good to see him tested

pretty sure SBW will breakdown after 1 game and be a passenger for the rest

18. Post
    Jacobsen! Guy is going to crack some skulls

19. Post
    Good team only changes I'd make is put Akira in, and another prop for Ta’avao

20. Post
    Havili has had a great season, hopefully he gets into the WC squad.

First game against Argentina will be interesting with the Crusaders players being rested, after already playing them this week... I wonder if they will be on the plane with the All Blacks going home.

21. Post
    Andrew Makalio has to be the most underrated player in NZ. Not saying he should have made the squad but he ought to be in the conversation with Coltman and Aumua yet you never hear his name mentioned.

22. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Mentioned not that long ago I don't think we'll see Akira in a black jersey and still stand by that. Akira is an immense talent but even I've now noticed his work ethic is seriously lacking. You'd have hoped that the all blacks would have put him into the environment and shown him or let him experience what it's like at test level.

They threw jordie Barrett in before he even played super rugby.
    Thought Akira's work rate was just as good as any of the other number 8's ludez & he played in a pretty erratic pack, hope the next AB coach shows more insight & selects him in a squad of 23 next season... red & blacks coach Razor Robertson must be the hot favourite to get the job.

23. Post

24. Post
    Want!

25. Post
    SBW injured again, lul...